Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    So it sounds like yours consistently works pretty well. Do you have a 16GB or 32GB TP?

Do you have Preware and/or any patches installed? Not that it should have anything to do with the problem I'm seeing. Especially since I couldn't get the player to work from day 1, long before I installed anything except what came from my Pre- Profile migration...

I have the 16gb Touchpad. I do have Preware installed, but the first time I tried SiriusXM was before I installed Preware. It worked fine, but I only used it for a very short time. I really didnt get around to using the website much until after I installed Preware, so I dunno if that made any contribution. I have Maxblocker installed, the patches that remove logging (patches mentioned in the "Pre is fast" thread), and a few extras like private browsing.

Whenever the sound messes up, did you try closing the card and starting a new web-browser card?

In any case, the Touchpad really needs an app to make it easier to use the radio and so that it can be used on the go. The sound always cuts out for me if the screen goes off when not on the Touchstone.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Whenever the sound messes up, did you try closing the card and starting a new web-browser card?
    Yes, always, plus I make sure to log out of the player each time before closing the card. I couldn't get it to work at all today, tried at least ten times throughout the day.

I've got the 32GB and the only patch I installed is Advanced Reset Options, nothing related to the browser.

The only log I know to look at is var\log\messages file, but there isn't anything there that is obvious to me that hints at a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Can any other subscribers confirm this?

I just watched videos off web sites, listened to the pandora app and pandora web player, all work fine. Go to the sirius web player, can log in, change channels, change the volume control, but no audio.
    Correct, music streams DO NOT word. I figured this would be good to go as it's flash but nada. I doubt Sirius will put an offical app out for some time, (it took them years to do so on iPhone,) so best we can hope for is a 3rd party.

BTW, no Preware patches loaded. Hell, I don't even have Preware loaded on my TP....
    I would love to build an app, but I would need api info from sirius and I dont believe its public. I have sirius in the car but no streaming login.
    I listen to Sirius/XM my iPad and iPod Touch with no problems. I'd like to be able to listen on my Palm Pre Plus and on any other WebOS device I might purchase in the future. This is an HP issue. They were successful in ensuring that Pandora would be accessible and they need to work on bringing in other popular services.

In short, there needs to be Sirius/XM app(s) built for the WebOS platform.
    I have no problem at all using the player located at:

https://www.siriusxm.com/player/

I have Preware & all the patches loaded. Here is a video I made of the TouchPad sitting on the Touchstone and playing Sirius Radio from the website:

I think what the main problem is, that you have to tap the button in order to get a channel streaming. Might want to try it through your browser on your PC first, so you know what to tap.

Also, reset your TouchPad and then try it. I've found an application I'm writing is currently leaking memory, so you might have one that is doing the same. A reboot will fix it.
    gxdunn likes this.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    I think what the main problem is, that you have to tap the button in order to get a channel streaming. Might want to try it through your browser on your PC first, so you know what to tap.
    Thanks Crowza, but I've used the web browser app for many years as well as this newer one since it was released a few months ago. Whether you type in a channel number and hit enter or the play button or select the channel, the result is the same for me 99% of the time. The app shows the "Loading" message and bar each time the channel is changed, the inner channel icon does not appear and there is no audio.

In fact, the left and right arrows that you use in the Channel Browser in your video don't work on my TP either. When either one is hit, the Channel Browser content does not change. The only thing that moves is the little cursor _ bar on under the channel lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    Also, reset your TouchPad and then try it. I've found an application I'm writing is currently leaking memory, so you might have one that is doing the same. A reboot will fix it.
    I've done this countless times at this point and unfortunately for me it does not. Even clearing cache and doing a full reboot doesn't seem to help. Every morning I open the browser, clear the cache and do a full restart in the hopes that it will start working.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 07/20/2011 at 04:16 PM.
  8.    #28  
    I just went to Adobe Find Flash Player version page with the hopes that we could confirm that all the TPs are the same, but it doesn't report a version number. All it brings back is WEB... And our Operating System is Linux 2.6.35-

Update: Looks like going to the main Adobe Flash Player page reports version 10,3,185,22

Update 2: webOS 3.0.2 version now has Flash version 10,3,185,46
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 08/02/2011 at 05:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I got mine to work by:
    1. Login to https://www.siriusxm.com/player/
    2. Click "Logout"
    3. Click "Login" (it kept my user/pass)

That's all.
    gxdunn likes this.
  10.    #30  
    Well, other than the one small victory back on 7/17/2011, I haven't been able to get the webplayer to work at all. I've rebooted every morning before the first attempt of the day then again around lunchtime, all to no avail. The player works everyday and every time I try on my PC, so it's not like the service is down or anything.

I just finished the 3.0.2 update, rebooted, cleared browser cache and gave it a try and it still does not work for me. This is one the biggest things I wanted out of the TP with Flash finally being on a webOS device that I could get.

jrcbandit, Crowza, satchmo82 (and anyone else that has the webplayer working):

Did any of you have an existing Palm Profile from a phone? If so, which model and version of webOS did you have when you first setup your Touchpad?
    I'm trying to see if there is any kind of rhyme or reason why this works for some people and not for others. My profile came from my launch day Sprint Pre 1.4.5.

Thanks
    I can confirm the SiriusXM media player WORKS on a Pre 3 running 2.2.3. It does NOT continue to play when card is minimized. App desperately needed!
  12.    #32  
    Fortunately Sirius updated the web player a few times over the last few weeks and it's been working for me on the Touchpad finally (knock on wood). Some weeks it works with the screen off, other times only with the screen on. It's been working if a different app card has focus as well.

While I'd still prefer an app, I'll settle for the webplayer.
    Hi, I use this web page to log into Sirius and listen to it with no problems. Just click on this link and save the page.

14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrusso00 View Post
    Hi, I use this web page to log into Sirius and listen to it with no problems. Just click on this link and save the page.

yes, the webplayer was update several months ago.

And it was just updated again this week to use Flash 11.1, so it no longer works on the Touchpad.

The only saving grace is they appear to be keeping the old player available at:
    https://www.siriusxm.com/player/basic/
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    anyone know how to listen to the webpage version with the screen off or at least something so I could put it in my pocket? Im on Pre 3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12