Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I don't understand HP holding back the kindle app supposedly due to bugs, but they didn't hold back the touchpad due to bugs.

If I bought the touchpad already and plan on keeping it, I've probably learned to deal with a few minor issues, so why not let the small amount of early adopters become the beta testers?
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    let's assume the Kindle app comes from Amazon, and they might be working on something cool that fits in to Amazon's big plans for the year...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    let's assume the Kindle app comes from Amazon, and they might be working on something cool that fits in to Amazon's big plans for the year...
    The package ID of the Kindle app is com.palm.app.kindle
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    yeah the kindle is an hp app.

i wish hp was more open when it cameotk things like this. Why did reviewers have it and we have to wait? Its still in beta, since b4 february?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    the more I have been using it, the entire touchpad feels like a beta product.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    yeah the kindle is an hp app.

i wish hp was more open when it cameotk things like this. Why did reviewers have it and we have to wait? Its still in beta, since b4 february?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    the more I have been using it, the entire touchpad feels like a beta product.
    Agreed, lots of nice features for beta exposure but just not fully ready. Am hopeful though..what can I say, and why so many positive reviews on the Kindle App in the catalog when it's not fully out yet is beyond me.. Am hoping an OTA fixes a lot the bugs that bother me like the inability to delete empty photo albums from it's app, the sluggishness and this!
    not surprised by this response, which doesn't tell us much more then he took the week off after the major launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Finally got a reply from Richard Kerris just now!

@richardkerris tweets:
    @mpt45 sorry about the silence... was kind of off the grid this week with the kids! - just getting back to it all now.

@richardkerris tweets:
    @mpt45 We expect it to be out soon. Awaiting the official word to provide... but in beta testing it's working well
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Was that seriously bad or good timing of Richard kerris, to take a week off, right after the TP release
  9. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    any lawyers on … would this be grounds for false advertising? If nothing else, it should be documented that HP made another promise that didnt pan out quite right … and I"m usually defending not on offense.

What do I tell folks when I'm showing of the tPad and they ask "why" about the kindle app not working? Common HP lets get this thing back on track and send us the OTA update we know is ready !
    no case whatsoever.
    hparsons likes this.
    My guess is that the Beta is working fine, and that HP was permitted to give the Beta to the testers (since testers would generally be under some form of agreement, at least not to break the law). However they are still waiting for Amazon to give the OK to release it to the public. Perhaps Amazon is worried about security (aka DRM).

Quite likely that Amazon is not keeping its part of the bargain, leaving HP in a tough spot, if they blame Amazon they sound like a spoiled child and worsen the relationship.

As for Richard Kerris' holiday, we all need holidays, week after the release is a lot better than the month before the release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no case whatsoever.
    Hp demo of working Kindle app = implied warranty.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    no case. Period. And what damages pray tell? You can return your device for a refund. Stop keeping us attorneys employed! Yeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinkl View Post
    no case. Period. And what damages pray tell? You can return your device for a refund. Stop keeping us attorneys employed! Yeesh.
    Though there's no actual damages, couldn't they argue that it was deliberate, and get triple damages?

Think about it - that'd keep 'em busy (and off here) for a while...
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbee View Post
    Hp demo of working Kindle app = implied warranty.
    not even close.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Though there's no actual damages, couldn't they argue that it was deliberate, and get triple damages?

triple x 0 = ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinkl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

triple x 0 = ?
    Triple x 0 = 0
    That was my point
    Notice the "Think about it" part...
    Reminder, it is a Amazon app not an HP app. Hp should not be on the hook for the app, but they also should not have announced it.
    In this case, voting with your dollar is better than a lawsuit. Device not having what you expected or wanted=return=not a good showing for HP depending on the number of returns.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    you can't sued them when you can easily get the full money return. Device is not even out for 30 days, you can retrun it if you really need kindle app.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast