Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Yeah, I was a little po'd when I saw the, stay tuned message. I hope the update is in a couple of days and not two weeks or something
    Hmmm...I am not seeing the update for Pivot - what am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by jobsqeu View Post
    Yeah, I was a little po'd when I saw the, stay tuned message. I hope the update is in a couple of days and not two weeks or something
    I agree. I hope this is just to enable purchase through app instead of website. I have a Nook but they don't appear to be releasing an app so I might switch to Kindle.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I don't have the TouchPad yet, but this tweeted by HP less than an hour ago:

HP HP
    Time for some summer reading. Access to over 900,000 books from @AmazonKindle Store on the new #HP #TouchPad: YouTube - ‪hpcomputers's Channel‬‏
    42 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Hopefully, it is working now. If not reply to @HP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I don't have the TouchPad yet, but this tweeted by HP less than an hour ago:

HP HP
    Time for some summer reading. Access to over 900,000 books from @AmazonKindle Store on the new #HP #TouchPad: YouTube - ‪hpcomputers's Channel‬‏
    42 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Hopefully, it is working now. If not reply to @HP
    I saw this as well. Immediately went into the app and mine is still in Beta and there are no updates...
    Getting my hopes up. I checked as well, to no avail. I tweeted back, we shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh4Sh0 View Post
    Getting my hopes up. I checked as well, to no avail. I tweeted back, we shall see.
    As did I... we'll see what they say when they respond...
    I also tipped Engadget on the Kindle status scenario. I doubt they'll post it, and don't really want to hand out negative publicity, but it'd give HP some incentive to get things in gear. You really shouldn't be advertising for things that don't work/exist.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    I actually used your image when I tipped Engadg. Thanks
    I just tweeted them about it as well..
    OK this is bad, important app for me.

As someone else said, this is one of my top 5...like doc editing, and netflix... argh.. they need to get these out quickly as I am left with little more than web browsing now.
    I noticed the HP MovieStore is on Pivot also. Very strange they are acting like this stuff is actually out. To be honest, since Feb 9th, it seems HP's head has been in the sand and they are just off doing their thing - believing they built and released the "perfect" tablet. Their arrogance around WebOS is rather impressive - if you can call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    It appears they're just ignoring everyone on Twitter. They're responding to others with newer posts. It would be nice if they weren't so mum on the issue.
    that's just it though. I don't think HP sees any of this as an issue. I believe they feel they hit a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh4Sh0 View Post
    It appears they're just ignoring everyone on Twitter. They're responding to others with newer posts. It would be nice if they weren't so mum on the issue.
    Man, I was hoping for the Kindle App to be released "any day" after the July 1st Touchpad launch. I sure hope we don't have to wait until some "possible" 7/25 OTA to get Kindle.

I can understand some things not being on the Touchpad at launch, and many/most of those things HP or other reviewers announced ahead of time (e.g. no Netflix yet, no MS-Office editing, etc.).

However, to march into the 7/1 launch with all of the media reviews talking about the Kindle app, but then NOTHING of the sort on 7/1 and NO public statement from HP or Amazon, that's disappointing.

I'm a big webOS fan, have been a Sprint pre- user since it came out, and bought the TP at 12:01am on 7/1, but this lack-of-Kindle-with-no-ETA issue sure does disappoint.
    I tried the support chat to see if I could get them to provide an eta.. "What do you mean it doesn't work. You should just download the app and open it. Do you have an Amazon account?"

...really?

After explaining the scenario the best I could get was "rest assured, there will be an update very soon".
    Makes me wonder if they're not even aware that it's not working.
    Tim tweeted me that Precentral will be sharing something on this soon, after I suggested they make a front page article asking what the deal is. It seems very odd to me that they'd pull it after the reviewers all got to have it. It almost is like they aren't even aware. This app appeared to be done back in February..
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    This is basically 'the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing' issue. The App team pulls the Kindle app, but fails to notify the Pivot team, and like the Pivot team, the Twitter marketing team also fails to get the word. There are just a lot of moving parts over at HP and I chalk this up to new device launch kinks in the system.

You can bet your bottom dollar that HP is well aware of the impact of pulling the Kindle app. Kindle is one of those flagship apps that separate the good devices from the crappy ones. I can't imagine getting Kindle working isn't one of their top priorities. If any one of us were running the company it would be for us - just because HP isn't saying so, doesn't mean it isn't so.

Just my 2 cents.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast