Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, I'm a palm developer and I've created over 10 apps for the palm pre / pixi and now I'm moving into the TouchPad development.

I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad. I can't wait to pick mine up today and start my first app. I just need some ideas to get me started.

Thanks
    Even though it looks ok in the browser I'd love a fantasy sports app for Yahoo. I see a lot of promisen with the panes and I'd be more than happy to assist (non coding).
    Hobbz and scotsmn30 like this.
    I'd like to see a vnc app.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Even though it looks ok in the browser I'd love a fantasy sports app for Yahoo. I see a lot of promisen with the panes and I'd be more than happy to assist (non coding).
    This is what I was going to suggest when I clicked on the topic. A Yahoo fantasy sports app would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by danh35 View Post
    This is what I was going to suggest when I clicked on the topic. A Yahoo fantasy sports app would be awesome.
    I know they have APIs but i think in order to use them the app has to be free.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah yahoo is really strict about their apis. That's why you don't see too many yahoo drive apps. =/
    Ok, if you are an old Palm dev, give us back what we lost with webos:
    1. Please create a better calendar or way to quickly create/edit events.
    2. Memo app. The out of the box one is weak. Give us what we had with PalmOS - desktop editing, ability to attach to events, privacy settings, etc.
    3. Synching/caching. I love how when I hit a single button, all my stuff was synch'ed up, and my local caches on my Palm were updated with the latest news/rss feeds/application data. We should have some service or something that could do that for webos, especially when it is on the touchpad with wifi.
    4. Dedup? I've managed to create duplicate calendar entries (thousands), duplicate contacts, duplicate music files, and duplicate photos. I agree, most of these were my fault, but it would be nice to have a way to easily clean up stuff.

Good luck!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah yahoo is really strict about their apis. That's why you don't see too many yahoo driven apps. =/
    If we finally have mic API access - Ventrilo App!

Failing that, a good multiformat video app...supporting DivX, XviD, mkv and all other backup formats
    SunnyPhono and cccaldwell like this.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    There is a simple app that I want, as the current one I have kinda sucks

I would like a stock ticker app (useing express socks atm) one that keeps the card view live so I dont have to go into the app and refresh to check stock updates- also and option to maybe make it a scroll in the notification area (phone version)
    I would love to see a good google reader app. Something like reeder for ipad would be really great. Reeder

Or is there a good google reader client out for the TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrik17 View Post
    I would love to see a good google reader app. Something like reeder for ipad would be really great. Reeder

Or is there a good google reader client out for the TP?
    I like Mosaic.
    My vote would be for synergy services, things that integrate deeper in the OS (e.g. Jabber integration). I think that more than UI apps brings value.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a palm developer and I've created over 10 apps for the palm pre / pixi and now I'm moving into the TouchPad development.

I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad. I can't wait to pick mine up today and start my first app. I just need some ideas to get me started.

Thanks
    Yes! Ever since the Palm Pilot there's been a Horoscope app. First 1Chart, then AstroPocket. I'm still using AstroPocket on Classic. I'm not a programmer at all, just more like a cut and paster - but I've got some ideas that might make things easier to build it. I built an Astrology & Numerology website using *.php/mySQL so how hard could it be? :>

I'd be more than willing to donate some time and also interpretation text to a project!
    I would like something that could integrate a task to do list with check boxes into the calendar on a day view so that everything that needs to get done on one day can be instantly viewable. Right now I need to put my to do list as all day events in order to have them in my calendar. Then to check them off I need to delete the event. Highly annoying. Centro did this well.
    fkpaul likes this.
    cbssports fantasy app
    Hi.

Well, I believe that you can create a excellent client to Sugarsync using his API:

https://www.sugarsync.com/developer

This is a software that I really want to buy.

One suggestion: can be interesting ad some "autosync" option, choicing the local files or directories that always stay sync with server.

Until where I know, no one other virtual drive client have this option...

PS: Finally was released the Bluetooth APIs?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    the couple of apps that I would like are:
    a controller for the Popbox
    Yahoo fantasy sports app
    ability to move files over wifi from my TP to my network and vice versa.

Thanks
    google voice notifications like can be found as chrome extensions or just a regular notification. I probably won't be getting a pre3 any time soon, so seeing my text messages pop up like they do on my ipad would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    2. Memo app. The out of the box one is weak. Give us what we had with PalmOS - desktop editing, ability to attach to events, privacy settings, etc.
    Have you given Notes a shot? Not sure if there will be a tablet specific version or not, I know the dev is working on other tablet specific apps. If you shoot him an e-mail I am sure he will respond, I have had a few e-mail discussions in the past.

Personally I like it, syncs to google docs, and it just works.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast