Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a palm developer and I've created over 10 apps for the palm pre / pixi and now I'm moving into the TouchPad development.

I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad. I can't wait to pick mine up today and start my first app. I just need some ideas to get me started.

Thanks
    My biggest concern is a quality ereader on the touchpad, something like ibooks or goodreader. Perhaps with the decent file browsing ability of goodreader and the extra user interactions of ibooks. Like double tap for dictionary define, highlighting, etc. Basically ibooks for webos as much as possible. I'm just starting to learn coding for the specific purpose of creating something like this but it will be a long while.

Offline browsing, aka saving internet articles for later viewing whilst no interwebs are available. Kind of important on tablet I think.
    allowingtoo likes this.
    I really need some programs to help children with Autism that help to learn how to communicate.
    11B1P likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Daddy View Post
    I really need some programs to help children with Autism that help to learn how to communicate.
    That would be an awesome idea, I have a couple close friends that have children with Autism. I know one of em would be all over this (he does a yearly charity event).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    keepass
    slingbox
    assess files on hone network/NAS
    all the missing apps hp promised
    Quote Originally Posted by twm86 View Post
    VNC, DropBox, SoundHound-type application.
    Dropbox is built in to the TouchPad. Just add it under 'Accounts'.

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Dropbox is built in to the TouchPad. Just add it under 'Accounts'.

-Jeremy
    IIRC, that account is only used for quickoffice docs.
    Here's an idea. (it's occuring to me right now as I write this, that it won't work, for THIS CURRENT TouchPad, but if they implemented a radio to a future gen version, this could be something good)

Look at my avatar, it's a (model 6807) TRAXXAS Slash 4X4 Ultimate. It runs on a TQ 2.4GHz system which automatically selects and locks on an open frequency.

Your main controls:
    Steering Wheel
    Trigger, (forward, neutral, backward)
    Steering Trim
    Multi-Function Knob which at default is a Steering Exponential (high speeds require less turn to turn as it'll go 60MPH with the right batteries)
    Throttle Neutral Adjust Select Switch (50/50 or 70/30)
    Menu Button
    Set Button
    and a Power Switch

Feel free to look up other types of vehicles ie boats, fixed-wing aircraft, rotary-wing aircraft.

So IF, in a future model of TP, HP decided to throw a radio transmitter into it, here's an idea.

More ideas? Just got my gf a HTC Incredible S, here's some cool apps we've found:
    Google Sky Maps - point your phone into the sky and it'll tell you what planet/star/constellation/horizon/etc is there.

Cardiograph I was almost not going to DL it due to the comments/reviews and said it, and did it anyway. I held my finger on my neck and the other finger on the camera lens and for about 80% of the time(meaning 8 out of every 10 beats would show up & once in awhile it seemed to hiccup and just miss a beat here and there), it was bang on. Not REALLY a necessary(or even useful) app for me, but cool nonetheless.

Satellite AR similar to Google Sky Maps, except it's function is to find/locate/identify satellites. A little edge on the GSM as when you are pointing your phone around, it actually is like taking a picture with an overlay.

There's 4 more for you to work on. I would suggest calling up a dozen or so of your buddies and locking yourselves in a bombshelter for the next 30 or so days and giterdun...not just mine, but the whole thread's worth. Can't be that hard....I did the Hello World tutorial........lol, jk. But c'mon......try
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/14/2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: clarifying 80%
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    IIRC, that account is only used for quickoffice docs.
    Hmmm, you're right. I'm thinking of the Box.net app actually. Only QuickOffice can access Dropbox right now so you can't even get your pictures or music out of it. That does seem rather limited.
    all I really want to see is an app for slingbox!!! The ability to control and watch my dvr and dvd player from my TP is a great idea! And while your home you can use the TP as the ultimate remote control or picture in picture. The original sony location free player was marketed with a 7 or 12 in tablet for this function in 2003 there is no reason it cant be done with this much better hardware. I will personally commission a developer to creat an app for either the slingbox or locationfree... But sony will never let you :'(
    sorry just realized someone mentioned this already. Still valid but sorry none the less.
    Sync browser bookmarks with Firefox Sync or simply have an app that downloads bookmarks of FF sync and allows opening links in the browser.
    I'd like to see:
    something like Pocket Quicken (yes, I know you can use it with the Classic emulator, but mine stopped working a long time ago) or an app for Mint.com
    Datebk-like calendar
    a webOS app for Collectorz.com programs
    I would love to see the Firefox Browser on my Touchpad. A Silverlight Plugin of somesort would be cool too.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    An augmented-reality type Astronomy app that lets me hold the tablet 'against the sky' and shows me star and constellation names 'looking through my touchpad', with optional infos if I tap something.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    For the TP to be more than just a way to kill time I really need a way to connect to my network, and a good word processing program is a must. How could they put this thing out w/o a WP program? And it seems pretty obvious that being able to synch iTunes OTA on the network would be huge. It is so last century to have to plug this thing in to load files. Of course, the Wi-fi has too many bugs right now to be reliable. Can't wait for the fixes.
    jasok2 likes this.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a palm developer and I've created over 10 apps for the palm pre / pixi and now I'm moving into the TouchPad development.

I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad. I can't wait to pick mine up today and start my first app. I just need some ideas to get me started.

Thanks
    I asked for this years ago when webOS first came out. I was a blackberry power user. See REXconnect, which allows you to communicate between the stock blackberry apps. I want to do this in webOS, seriously a productivity enhancer. For example, schedule a task or calendar appointment from an email (like I can do in Outlook). See REXconnect Software for BlackBerry - Calendar, Email, Contacts Integration for more info, how powerful it is, and why I would pay $25 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    An augmented-reality type Astronomy app that lets me hold the tablet 'against the sky' and shows me star and constellation names 'looking through my touchpad', with optional infos if I tap something.
    something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Google Sky Maps - point your phone into the sky and it'll tell you what planet/star/constellation/horizon/etc is there.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    something like this?
    Exactly like that, we just need it for WebOS, that link is for an Android app.
    Any turn based gaming would be enjoyable. I picked up Robotek HD and I love it! Games like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by cthetford View Post
    1) A task manager that syncs to the cloud (data stored on box.net?) so that tasks / reminders stay synced between my PRE and the touchpad.
    2) Ditto with a password vault of some sort. I use Keyring on the PRE.. would be nice if that data was also available while I'm using the touchpad.
    3) Freemind ported to the Touchpad.
    +1 on Freemind, great application that I use all the time on my laptop and desktop. Would be fantastic on the TP

Main Page - FreeMind
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast