Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 245
Like Tree87Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    I would like something that could integrate a task to do list with check boxes into the calendar on a day view so that everything that needs to get done on one day can be instantly viewable. Right now I need to put my to do list as all day events in order to have them in my calendar. Then to check them off I need to delete the event. Highly annoying. Centro did this well.
    I would be happy with a Remember The Milk app, especially if it used the WebOS integrated notifications.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a palm developer and I've created over 10 apps for the palm pre / pixi and now I'm moving into the TouchPad development.

    I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad. I can't wait to pick mine up today and start my first app. I just need some ideas to get me started.

    Thanks
    Some may think I'm crazy, and even if it can be done, it would probably have to be done as HomeBrew - but I'd like to see an app done that lets you input text by writing instead of typing - like Grafitti
    Aredon likes this.
  3. #103  
    Here are my votes: I'd pay good money for any one of these.

    Google Voice app so I can see and respond to text messages, calls, etc without needing a WebOS 2.0 smartphone (I'm stuck on 1.4 on Sprint) so the normal SMS over bluetooth doesn't work for me.

    Microsoft Remote Desktop - The Citrix app is a good start, but I have a real need to access systems over straight RDP.

    VNC - For systems that don't use or don't allow RDP, a native VNC client would be *awesome*. (Native meaning, don't force me to install a seperate server specifically for the app. if I already have a VNC server then it should just use that.

    Dropbox - A client that actually *syncs* files rather than just giving me the option to download as needed. It'd be nice to always have my dropbox files on me.

    Music sync - Let me sync my music from the network without needing to connect my PC via a cable. Don't force us to install a 'server' app, just use WebDAV or HTTP, or FTP, or something *standard*.

    RSS/Google reader - This is huge, there are a few apps out there that do this, but none do it *well*. I want to be 1) Notified when there are new items to read. 2) Items should be fully downloaded so I can read them offline, 3) When I read them it should update Google Reader and mark them as 'read', even if I read them while offline.

    -Jeremy
    enzymex and SunnyPhono like this.
  4. #104  
    + 1 for RDP and Music Sync!!
  5. #105  
    didnt read all six pages of ideas. And for all I know this isnt possible, but I would love an app that could play .wmv files. Pretty much a windows media player for webOS. I would buy that in a sec. Thanks.


    ps- 1st post with my new TouchPad woohoo
  6. moysauce's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #106  
    Checkout these apps from the iPad2:

    1. iDraw
    2. Sketchbook pro
    3. PRO finger sketch paint
    4. Adobe Ideas
    5. Zen Brush
    6. ArtRage - A favoriate
    7. Brushes
    8. Artstudio

    Also, would love an app that has full flickr functionality. This means that you can also access flickr galleries.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Here are my votes: I'd pay good money for any one of these.

    Google Voice app so I can see and respond to text messages, calls, etc without needing a WebOS 2.0 smartphone (I'm stuck on 1.4 on Sprint) so the normal SMS over bluetooth doesn't work for me.

    Microsoft Remote Desktop - The Citrix app is a good start, but I have a real need to access systems over straight RDP.

    VNC - For systems that don't use or don't allow RDP, a native VNC client would be *awesome*. (Native meaning, don't force me to install a seperate server specifically for the app. if I already have a VNC server then it should just use that.

    Dropbox - A client that actually *syncs* files rather than just giving me the option to download as needed. It'd be nice to always have my dropbox files on me.

    Music sync - Let me sync my music from the network without needing to connect my PC via a cable. Don't force us to install a 'server' app, just use WebDAV or HTTP, or FTP, or something *standard*.

    RSS/Google reader - This is huge, there are a few apps out there that do this, but none do it *well*. I want to be 1) Notified when there are new items to read. 2) Items should be fully downloaded so I can read them offline, 3) When I read them it should update Google Reader and mark them as 'read', even if I read them while offline.

    -Jeremy
    Yeah, it isn't VNC if it doesn't use VNC protocol and work with any standard server. I have an app on my iPhone (for work, i have a Pre- for personal use) with iTeleport on it, which is a great VNC app, and doesn't require me to buy a server application (since it is a TRUE VNC client app). I don't know what the pricing for it is now, but it was $25 when I first encountered it (under a different title, so maybe it changed) and worth every penny. I use it constantly at work, but would MUCH rather use my TouchPad for the same purpose. My company is investigating the use of tablets for this, and currently the iPad and Galaxy Tab have far more functionality in this environment. It's frustrating to me, as webOS lends so easily to the multitasking that is a continuous part of my job, but without VNC, Proxy server settings for the browser and applications, and access to remote files (like on a shared drive through a Windows workstation) this device will never serve my professional needs (beyond email, which I have to tether to get since I don't work at my company's corporate location, but at that of one of our clients).
  8. #108  
    2 big things i want!

    some type of music identification application and this...

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...sonic-app.html
  9. #109  
    Oh, and I almost forgot: WebOS could also really use a sync client for Mozilla Weave/Sync. They have this for iOS and Android, it's basically an app that lets you see all of your bookmarks, tabs, etc from your other computers running Firefox. If it could also somehow manage my saved passwords, I would be in heaven.
  10. #110  
    This is more of a phone idea than a tablet idea, but I once saw an Android alarm clock app that worked as a seismograph of sorts and tracked your movements while you slept, and would wake you 20 minutes early if it noticed that you're in a shallow sleep phase to avoid waking you in a deep sleep phase. It's MUCH easier to wake up from shallow sleep.

    I'd love to have that and I'd pay good money for a polished app providing this functionality.
    enzymex likes this.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Oh, and I almost forgot: WebOS could also really use a sync client for Mozilla Weave/Sync. They have this for iOS and Android, it's basically an app that lets you see all of your bookmarks, tabs, etc from your other computers running Firefox. If it could also somehow manage my saved passwords, I would be in heaven.
    Well, there's an app that syncs with Opera bookmarks, just not tabs (just not sure if it is Touchpad compatible). Opera is better than Firefox anyway IMO.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Bones likes this.
  12. #112  
    HP 48GX Calculator (or 50G)

    Harry's Lap Timer Pro

    Torque
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

    IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  13. shrxwin's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    #113  
    Something I am going to start working on in Enyo but I'm not likely to succeed or if it works won't be good enough to distribute is an IP Camera viewer. For comparison, if you have access to honeycomb or iphone apps:

    on my Xoom I use "IP Cam Viewer"
    on my ipod I use "Foscam Surveillance Pro"

    Both apps allow connection to multiple cameras and allow viewing in a grid, and from the grid selecting a specific camera.

    good luck with whatever you work on - be sure to keep us posted so we can support your work!

    Clarice
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  14. #114  
    Keepass app. It's getting annoying to have to keep going back to my laptop/desktop to get my passwords

    I'm going to try to implement this myself but I am not a developer, so everyone wish me luck !
  15. #115  
    A good browser.
    A good IM client.
  16. #116  
    A truck driver's log book, complete with pre/post trip inspection sheets. Has to be North America compliant.
  17. #117  
    Rdp me asap pleeeeeez!
    jasok2 likes this.
  18. #118  
    I'd like to see something which would sync the THINGS application to Web OS.

    Cultured Code
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Well, there's an app that syncs with Opera bookmarks, just not tabs (just not sure if it is Touchpad compatible). Opera is better than Firefox anyway IMO.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I beta tested that one. Very clean, neat, and nice looking. Does exactly what it says it does. The only drawback, that I had suggested to the dev, is that you can't reverse the process, ie save a bookmark on your phone and have it show up in Opera Link Service.

    From the developer
    Save/edit functions are not yet planed because they require some heavy lifting and the does not sell so well
    He says he hasn't released it for the TouchPad yet because he doesn't have a device to test it on.

    Here is the original link for the phone app, http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...bookmarks.html so if you are willing to test, I'm sure he wouldn't mind having some volunteers, he already asked me, but I have another 59 long, gruelling hours to wait until I get mine
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/13/2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: forgot the link, so here it is :D
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgnos View Post
    I'd like to see a vnc app.
    VNC, DropBox, SoundHound-type application.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions