Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    An app that makes an old phone app fullscreen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    You do know enough to know that this will never be 100% universal right?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowbugle View Post
    I tried to understand enyo and build an app but I got lost and help is hard to find. I wanted to build an album art grabber. Its one of my most used from android, thought it'd be pretty easy to build (its not, lol).
    They made it seem like anyone with knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JSJSJS $could$ $be$ $an$ $app$ $pretty$ $easily$. $I$ $have$ $a$ $good$ $understand$ $of$ $them$ $all$ $but$ $got$ $lost$ $along$ $the$ $way$. $I$'$ll$ $keep$ $at$ $it$, $I$'$d$ $love$ $to$ $help$ $the$ $webOS$ $app$ $catalog$ $grow$.
    No, Mojo was the one that was supposed to be really easy for web developers to pick up (and it is).

Enyo abstracts away so much of traditional web development, the only thing that reminds you that you still are using web technologies is the ability to use CSS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Okay, so how about an app that just manages web bookmarks? That shouldn't be that hard, right? (like I know). But the bookmark and whole browser startup thing really bugs me on the TP. It'd be nice to have a full screen bookmark app that could be organized with different tabs, etc.
    Mint.com app!
    toaste likes this.
    We don't have a fart app yet!!! Make a fart app!!!! //sarcasm
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I would like an exhibition mode zen app. When you place your touchpad on the Touchstand it will bring up a full screen version of something like Koi Pond for the iPhone. Complete with interaction and sound effects. When the Touchpad is charging, I want to be soothed and calm. Thanks
    shrxwin likes this.
    Alarm clock for Exhibition mode would be helpful. Alarm clock app would be good for travel too. Where it could launch your music or Pandora when that app is available would be slick - or something like Pandora.
    Hmm...my idea for an app would be one that let's you edit the data of your phone contacts on the Touchpad. Having a bigger screen would help to sort, edit and add photos to contacts without having to use the small screen of a Veer (or one day a Pre3).
    Or is there something like this already? Will the Touchpad share contacts through TTS?

Koi Pond is also very cool!
    personally, I would like to see a gnutella/peer-peer client....
    "What is right, isn't always popular. What is popular, isn't always right."
    Probably a minority here, but I would like a native language input like iOS has. I am just curious as to how HP plan to sell Touchpad in other countries that requires other language inputs.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a palm developer and I've created over 10 apps for the palm pre / pixi and now I'm moving into the TouchPad development.

I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad. I can't wait to pick mine up today and start my first app. I just need some ideas to get me started.

Thanks
    A DJ (Disc Jockey) app that has the functionality and UI (or similar) of the Numark NS7. 'DJ2GO' app on the webOS platform will be awesome! It should be able to load songs stored on the TouchPad and box.net (box.net create's a download folder on the TouchPad). It should be able to record and store mixes on the TouchPad. Lastly, it should be able to create loops, scratches, etc and also have the option to control the screen off options (the ability to keep the screen on when the app is running or turn the screen off as the app runs in the back ground.

I use the Numark NS7 as my physical DJ tool and the DJAY app on the iPad as my virtual DJ tool. Having a webOS app 'DJ2GO' with the full functionality of the Numark NS7 will be very helpful for me and other webOS DJ's that are force to use an iPad since there's no decent DJ app on the webOS platform.

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Looking forward to this app

Hope these mock-up helps.

Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    I'd like to see something like Datebook 5 (Pimlico software) from the old Palm or Agendus Pro (Iambic) from Windows Mobile. Both calendars that allow the use of icons.
    A real plus would be access to London Underground's trackernet API. That may have to wait for a 3g version of course.
  13.    #73  
    Okay I see a lot of great ideas, some of which are possible and some are not possible. I will go through the list a few more times and see which app appeals to the mass markets and start with that one. Thanks for the great ideas so far.
    I would love to see a CNBC app.. A good one.. iPad has one.. webOS needs one...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I'd like to see:
    - Good RSS reader with Google Reader support
    - Good note taking app (like Note Taker HD

That's all for now.
    irwinr12 likes this.
    Not sure if its possible, but an ESPN.com webapp for fantasy football would be great. Sitting around with a laptop all day is a pain in the ****. It would be nice to have the Touchpad to grab and check really quick. I would even be willing to help you with ideas and testing if you arent familiar with fantasy football.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad.
    I was thinking of an image "markup" app... one that would let you load jpeg, tif, bmp, png or other files and let you make some markings.

HP is trying to make the touchpad for business and as a product engineer I need to mark drawings but I like to have them digital so I can have a copy in my PC, and the easiest way to do it is to print the file, mark it with pen and scan it.

It would be great if there's an app where I could download it on my touchpad, marked it (being able to select from lines, text, rectangles, maybe stamps like "PRELIMINARY" and so forth) and then send it through e-mail (or if it could sync directly to either zumo or dropbox would be nice, hehe)...

And it would be even better if you could save it in a editable format, where you could change later the markups, like in a tiff or something.

And it could be used for more than marking engineering drawings if it has a wide selection of marking tools.

Hehe, I think that maybe its too elaborate but hope my idea helps, hehe...
    Some nice app ideas:

A painting/drawing app
    Amazon app
    Monthly budgeting app
    eReader app

some single screen multiplayer games would be good: Chinese checkers, chess, Scrabble, Monopoly (someone could really corner the app market by building lots of board games)

Spreadsheet app
    To take advantage of the large screen on the HP TouchPad, I suggest a webOS Baseball game app with the following features:

- 3D graphics, all MLB ballparks (including historic ballparks: i.e., The Polo Grounds, Crosby Field, etc.)
    - Versus mode against: online webOS users, solo, or system
    - Include all current MLB rosters (with OTA player movement updates)
    - GM mode (manage rosters)
    - Draft mode (college draft, free agent draft, draft players from any era)
    - Season mode that saves stats
    - Franchise mode (see how well a team evolves each year)
    - Home run derby mode
    - All-star game mode
    - OTA stat updates (regular season, playoffs)
    - Exhibition mode (sports ticker)
    - "Hall of Fame" mode play with historic teams (1961 Yankees, 1975 Cincy Reds, 1986 Mets, etc.)
    - Player cards (Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, etc.)
    - Save stats - via a Cloud service (import more players, teams, etc.)

Well, this is just my two cents worth. Guess you can tell I'm a baseball junkie but no harm in asking. I do own an Xbox 360 with MLB 2K10 but also have a boring 3 to 4 hour commute everyday.

Is this heaven? No this is Iowa.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) is holding a mobile app contest for apps on any platform that make best use of their online bus and light rail schedule information. The prizes are an iPad 2 and an Android tablet, but webOS entries are fine. Contest closes 7/25/2011 (sorry for short notice). VTA is the transit authority for Silicon Valley where of course HP and Palm are based (and Apple and Google too), so a lot of bus-riding webOS-using HP employees would be interested in a full-featured elegant bus route & schedule app. So would I.

Contest info is here: Dev: Mobile App Contest - Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
    Last edited by wlmoore; 07/05/2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Forgot the link
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast