Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a palm developer and I've created over 10 apps for the palm pre / pixi and now I'm moving into the TouchPad development.

I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad. I can't wait to pick mine up today and start my first app. I just need some ideas to get me started.

Thanks
    I'm probably the only one about this...but this app was on the original PalmOS and its on Apple OS.

The app I'm talking about is UltyStats. I was looking into trying to build this app but I think its too out of my league to program.

I know everything about the sport (ultimate frisbee), so if this is something you're interested in I would gladly help you in any way I can.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    forgive my ignorance. What are these referring to? Remote desktop maybe? Don't have a guess as to the other.
    RDP is remote desktop protocol (MS remote)
    SSH is secure shell, a command-line remote connection
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Apps that the TouchPad needs for me not to sell it:

1) RDP app - This is a MUST and I hope somebody has one soon because I can't do half the crap I do at home without it.

2) SSH app - I cannot believe there aren't any ssh apps in the market. Am I not searching correctly? Seriously, if I had known it was this bad I would not have bought a TouchPad. How am I suppose to SSH to my linux boxes? I WILL PAY FOR THIS APP.
    I'd also pay for good RDP and SSH apps. I'd like them to have a good tabbed interface for multiple connections and provide the ability to save sessions and options.
    SunnyPhono, konus and irwinr12 like this.
    I'm really really really looking for a Video player that will play divx, xvid, etc, I'd pay 10-20 dollars for it if it was good enough.
    I would like to see a really well done multi texting app so you can set up groups easily and what not .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    what about an app where you create an augmented reality... but on your OWN FACE!

Let's say you create one of those crazy looking drawings for the augmented reality stuff. Then you print it, put in on your own forehead. then you call some friends who did the same thing.. then the battle starts, maybe trying to shoot down whatever crazy stuff that would be floating in front of each other's nose... It would be stupid and delicious and fun.

Of course the best part would be about ppl forgetting to take the symbol off their forehead when going back to a meeting.....
    RDP, Fennec, Pac-Man, Air Sync, Eclipse, VLC, Photo Booth type App

or to give you a real challenge.

Text/Audio/Video Chat "Touchpad User" specific, that you can text chat or video chat with other TouchPad users, that has Profiles, ability to block users, friends lists etc. "Kind of like a chatroulette with profiles & blocking capabilities".
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/02/2011 at 07:29 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    For the video player, does KalemSoft not work well in the Touchpad?

Ditto for Internalz with regard to a file manager.

Also, you should be able to use SSH via homebrew. I'm assuming that any one of the many homebrew terminal apps will work though, so you might want to double-check on that one.

For me, without a doubt the only complaint I have with the TouchPad is the lack of VNC or RDP. That would really make the device indespensible at home and work. I have yet to test it at my job, where I use iTeleport on my iPhone 3G as a VNC client for numerous servers, workstations and my laptop. Beats carrying the clunky dell all over the 750000 sq ft facility. But I love webOS, have been a longtime palm user (my personal phone is a palm pre- still) and the touchpad multitasking could allow me to monitor all my systems so fluidly....with a solid VNC app. HP should have developed such an interface themselves or pushed for it, as this would clinch its enterprise usage for me and many others I would bet. That and a SQL editor and i'll get rid of my laptop!

Right now we're comparing my TouchPad, a co-worker's Galaxy Tab, and our boss' iPad for use in our production locations, unsure if any of them are robust enough, but VNC is so ubiquitous on our systems it is a must....
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Native Google Maps.
    XBMC remote/browser or RSS app or nice weather app. Other needs are craigslist app or better note taking app that syncs notes to ubuntuone or box.net. Current notes app is garbage. I'll post others.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    For the video player, does KalemSoft not work well in the Touchpad?

Ditto for Internalz with regard to a file manager.

Also, you should be able to use SSH via homebrew. I'm assuming that any one of the many homebrew terminal apps will work though, so you might want to double-check on that one.

doesnt work at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    doesnt work at all!
    gemini file manager works great on TP
    I don't really have a problem with the format restrictions for video . . . Just convert on a pc . . . There's plenty of free conversion software out there to make whatever you have compatible with the built in player...but vlc or something similar would be nice eventually.
    homebrew is great, but we need essentials in the app catalog to keep ahead of android and begin to chip away at the software gap with apple. Not everyone is willing to delve into 3rd party realms (I am, but for webos to blossom it needs to be competitive in app quality and selection for the average consumer, not tech savvy palmophiles).
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I've been using MS Office 365 on the touchpad, but unfortunately the Silverlight Plugin for Linux doesn't support whatever distro or kernel WebOS is using. If you could port the Linux Silverlight plugin to WebOS, that would enable us to use MS Office on the touchpad and we could be serious about using the touchpad in an enterprise environment...
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    doesnt work at all!
    Darn it. Time to send some email out to devs...

Although Jason is still pretty active with webOS, so it's reasonable to expect an Internalz HD (or whatever he will call it) sooner or later. I think the KalemSoft developer is also active in this forum, so you can go bug him.

As for the Terminal apps, there was a problem on 2.x with Terminus and xterm, with regard to the jailer. I think they fixed those problems though, but I'm not sure.
    Since HP owns webOS now how about something classic HP.

I know the orignal HP 41CV calculators and the upgraded HP42S are still quiet popular. The HP42S models on ebay bring $200+.

There is a very good emulator written by Thomas Okken for Palmos, windows, android, ios, etc but there is no port to webOS.

Free42, an HP-42S calculator simulator

I use it on windows and used it on PalmOS on my Treo and Centro. I tried it on classic but the buttons were too small to touch with a finger. Worked on the centro because of the stylus.

There is source code available at the link, but someone would need to write a webOs interface. Someone did this for the Iphone and is selling it on their app catalog.

Since HP was once known for their calculators I think this would be a Great App.
    Quote Originally Posted by cornbread View Post
    XBMC remote/browser or RSS app or nice weather app. Other needs are craigslist app or better note taking app that syncs notes to ubuntuone or box.net. Current notes app is garbage. I'll post others.
    Another awesome idea.... is there an proper XBMC app for phones? I thought I remember seeing one.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I tried to understand enyo and build an app but I got lost and help is hard to find. I wanted to build an album art grabber. Its one of my most used from android, thought it'd be pretty easy to build (its not, lol).
    They made it seem like anyone with knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JSJSJS $could$ $be$ $an$ $app$ $pretty$ $easily$. $I$ $have$ $a$ $good$ $understand$ $of$ $them$ $all$ $but$ $got$ $lost$ $along$ $the$ $way$. $I$'$ll$ $keep$ $at$ $it$, $I$'$d$ $love$ $to$ $help$ $the$ $webOS$ $app$ $catalog$ $grow$.
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrik17 View Post
    I would love to see a good google reader app. Something like reeder for ipad would be really great. Reeder

Or is there a good google reader client out for the TP?
    I really miss Feeder (for pre/pixi) on my TouchPad! I use it literally once an hour, haha. Especially when I'm expecting big news on P|C!

In another thread (No Mo Mojo - Do It In Enyo (Please Yo?)), rsanchez1 noted that it's open-source.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Ditto here.

I should note that Feeder is open source, and the developer did mention in a Precentral developer spotlight not too long ago that he is probably not going to develop for webOS for a while (maybe the odd bugfix here and there, but no solid development), so that means that Feeder presents a very interesting opportunity for an enterprising developer...

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    An app that makes an old phone app fullscreen.
    Last edited by aapold; 07/05/2011 at 07:21 AM.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast