Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    webOS could use a nice GetGlue client... both for phones and the TouchPad.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Full disclosure: iPad1 owner and work in MS shop. Desperatley want to move to webOS so a few ideas and iOS examples:

1. Mind mapping - iThoughtsHD
    2. OneNote - MobileNoter
    3. in lieu of OnNote a robust note's app with capacitive stylus and keyboard input - No winner but Noyes Plus, Note Taker HD, Notability as IOS examples
    4. Native Google Reader client - Mr. Reader
    5. Native Twitter client - HootSuite
    6. Task manager - Toodledo or Things
    7. Google Voice - GV Connect
    8. Netflix
    9. Xfinity TV
    10. Integrate Office Communicator into Synergy
    hhb
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    A 4E character sheet program for D&D. And Pathfinder.
    chrisjpopp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    webOS could use a nice GetGlue client... both for phones and the TouchPad.
    This is actually one of the apps I have in my list of something I would like to give a shot at. Been trying to think of things that would be cool to have, it'll be a long time for me to get to that though, I just recently started using GetGlue
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    VNC
    RDP

These apps are sorely needed and would make taking the TP out and leaving your laptop behind a lot easier on the nerves!
    ePub app. pReader exists for phones, and i've heard it's great on that, but no ePub reader exists to my knowledge on the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Full disclosure: iPad1 owner and work in MS shop. Desperatley want to move to webOS so a few ideas and iOS examples:

[snip]
    10. Integrate Office Communicator into Synergy
    Synergy messaging plugin gives office communicator capability...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...webos-2-x.html
    I would like to see an app like GOODREADER on the iPad. You can store word docs, pdf files, etc... You can also use (within the app) the browser and find PDF files to download directly into goodreader.

I'd like a grooveshark app...

I'd like a calculator of course...

I really wish there were Epocrates....

A good news reader app...
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    I'm just wondering what kind of apps you would like to see on the larger real estate of the TouchPad.
    About a week ago i went through the must have apps thread and made a list. http://forums.precentral.net/2995851-post78.html the link doesn't seem to show up but the title of the thread is "Must Have Apps on TouchPad " These are what Precentral users said are must have apps. So maybe you could start here with the ones that don't have touchpad versions:

1. AA.Com App
    2. Alchemy/Doodle God
    3. Amazon MP3
    4. Amazon vod
    5. Ameritrade
    6. Angry Birds
    7. Astraware Sudoku
    8. Audible
    9. BBC News
    10. business card reader/scanner
    11. Chuzzle
    12. cnbc
    13. CNN
    14. ConvertPad
    15. Document Editor (without web connection)
    16. DoodleJump,
    17. Dropbox
    18. Drudge Report
    19. Ebay
    20. Engadget
    21. ESPN Scorecenter
    22. ESPN fantasy
    23. ESPN TV
    24. Evernote
    25. Ezpdf
    26. Facebook
    27. fartapp 2012
    28. Feedreader like FeedR
    29. Flipboard
    30. FlyerTalk Forum Reader
    31. four track recorder
    32. Garage Band like program (piano, guitar, drum modeling)
    33. geocacheing
    34. good for enterprise
    35. google finance
    36. grooveshark
    37. guitar apps
    38. handwritten notes with (ie. Like Penultimate
    39. HBOGo
    40. Hextacy
    41. Hong Kong Mahjong/World Series of Mahjong
    42. Hulu
    43. IM
    44. IMDb
    45. Kindle
    46. LA Times
    47. LastPass
    48. lecture notes app (like Coursenotes on the iPad)
    49. logmein
    50. Mobile Assist (Confrence call dialer)
    51. Netflix
    52. Nook
    53. Olivetree Bible Reader
    54. Pente
    55. PDF reader
    56. Photoshop express
    57. Precentral App
    58. Precentral Forum app
    59. Producteev
    60. Pulse or Weave
    61. Reel Deal Slots
    62. Remote Desktop
    63. RRS reader like Pulse
    64. runkeeper pro
    65. sat nav
    66. shazam
    67. skype
    68. slingbox
    69. Splashtop Remote Desktop app
    70. Swype,
    71. Tabbed web browser
    72. Teamviewer
    73. Teleprompter
    74. Time Warner Cable
    75. Tivo Remote Control
    76. TripIt / Trip That
    77. Tweetdeck
    78. Echofon
    79. Twitter
    80. viber,
    81. Virgin Media
    82. Visual voicemail
    83. VLC/Mplayer/Etc
    84. VNC Support
    85. Vudu
    86. whatsapp
    87. wIRC
    88. Wordpress
    89. Words with Friends
    90. Wunderradio
    91. yahoo finance
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    beau2113 and vanzanthp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I would like to see an app like GOODREADER on the iPad. You can store word docs, pdf files, etc... You can also use (within the app) the browser and find PDF files to download directly into goodreader.

I'd like a grooveshark app...

I'd like a calculator of course...

I really wish there were Epocrates....

A good news reader app...
    Grooveshark through the website acts as full site (so you don't have to pay) just a heads up if you didn't know

This isn't from personal experience but a P|C reader who was playing with a demo unit
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Grooveshark through the website acts as full site (so you don't have to pay) just a heads up if you didn't know

This isn't from personal experience but a P|C reader who was playing with a demo unit
    Plus, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow a dev to do one of their apps. Just look at the Groovee app. It doesn't even work anymore.

Also, does the Touchpad really not have a Google Reader app? How's Feeder in Mojo Emulation?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    How about a Modified touch-to-share app that will TSS pictures? Like load a pic to a webpage or something then you can transfer pics already!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    BMIC50 likes this.
    One app that I would love to see developed would be for coaching. I plan on using my TP a lot for coaching my competitive hockey team, and it would be neat to have an app that would:
    - Be able to use as a hockey white board to draw things in front of the kids
    - Be able to create drills in advance and store them so I can pull them up whenever, would be cool if the could be 2d versions of the white board where the players actually move.
    - Be able to have a lineup card with player stats able to pop up for each player.
    - Be able to insert league stats and keep track of the rest of the league that way.

ETC.. etc..

have more ideas for a app like such, would be amazing.
    BMIC50 and cccaldwell like this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Apps that the TouchPad needs for me not to sell it:

1) RDP app - This is a MUST and I hope somebody has one soon because I can't do half the crap I do at home without it.

2) SSH app - I cannot believe there aren't any ssh apps in the market. Am I not searching correctly? Seriously, if I had known it was this bad I would not have bought a TouchPad. How am I suppose to SSH to my linux boxes? I WILL PAY FOR THIS APP.

3) Movie player app - I don't see anything in the market that can play AVIs, MPGs, FLVs, etc. My HTC Evo plays AVI rips of DVDs just fine so I'd assume the TouchPad has enough raw CPU power to do the same.

4) File browser - Maybe one already exists, but I can't find it. It's nice that I can mount my TouchPad as a drive on my PC and browse files and folders, so why not from the TouchPad interface?

I'll probably think of more. My phone is an HTC evo and my music device is an Apple iPod, so I'm pretty used to lots of apps. :-)
    konus, irwinr12 and cccaldwell like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Apps that the TouchPad needs for me not to sell it:

1) RDP app

2) SSH app
    forgive my ignorance. What are these referring to? Remote desktop maybe? Don't have a guess as to the other.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    how about an app for galaxyzoo? There are droid and ios apps but not webos. It would be a nice for us galaxy classifiers.
    Last edited by Calcmandan; 07/02/2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: grammar fix
    We really need a video player for the touchpad that can play divx, xvid, etc. Port VLC or one of the other popular open source players to webOS 3.0 please!
    cccaldwell likes this.
    We really need a video player for the touchpad that can play divx, xvid, etc. Port VLC or one of the other popular open source players to webOS 3.0 please!
    1) A task manager that syncs to the cloud (data stored on box.net?) so that tasks / reminders stay synced between my PRE and the touchpad.
    2) Ditto with a password vault of some sort. I use Keyring on the PRE.. would be nice if that data was also available while I'm using the touchpad.
    3) Freemind ported to the Touchpad.
    Last edited by cthetford; 07/02/2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Probably a tiny minority here, but I use tomboy on my Ubuntu installs to jot down simple notes. Nothing was developed that syncs with it or other Ubuntu One fuctions.
    mivoligo likes this.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast