Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Now available at www.hpplay.com...anyone tried it? I found it from the music app on the Touchpad. Don't have time to try it now but just wanted to raise awareness.
    Last edited by Siah1214; 07/01/2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Sukiyaki and cyberprashant like this.
  2.    #2  
    Just FYI, first impressions are good..simply because as soon as I opened the app it scanned and imported my iTunes library. It's like it read my mind.
    Just downloaded it before they take it off (if they do), I'll try it later. Thanks for sharing this.
    Sprint Love
    haha downloading this is like getting in a thread before it is locked IBTL!thanks for the heads up man
    it seems to work with my pre- on webos 2.1 and i was able to transfer music to it.It detected it automatically and i had to option to manually or automatically sync music to it via usb cable
    the software doesn't seem to fully identify my Pre2...it just says "Model: Palm device"
    This is a beta, but who knows for how long you can download it. Per HPPlay.com:

HP Play is available for download during a limited time beta period.
    I see pandas.
    Loaded it and thought this looks like Songbird, sure enough I then noticed the little logo at lower right stating it is powered by Songbird...

Hopefully songbird addins like mashtape won't be far away...
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    the software doesn't seem to fully identify my Pre2...it just says "Model: Palm device"
    Think you need to then switch your device to USB mode and it should recognise it as a pre...
    Here is the HP Play.com Forum
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/02/2011 at 11:11 AM.
    I see pandas.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  11.    #11  
    OMG!!!!
    It plays the old DRM'ed songs by opening a quicktime emulator in the background. I'm in love. I wonder if it can emulate it on the touchpad. This is FANTASTIC!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Awesome, so glad I checked out this thread! I have most of my music in AmazonMP3.com (which works on the TouchPad browser and I have a shortcut to it in my app favorites), as well as Google Music beta, and I've been itching to see what HP's dive into cloud music would be like! Downloading now.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Oh, boo, it's just a desktop sync app. I mean, very cool that they have something that will import iTunes playlists and let me sync my music, but I have over 40GB of music and it ain't all gonna fit on my 32GB TouchPad!
    Hmm...

I used the HP Play software and it worked great to sync, but the only problem is it puts the music under a "HP Play" folder, and for some reason when its in there the touchpad doesn't recognize I have music.

I had to manually move all the songs it copied into a "music" folder before it worked.

Did anyone else notice this or its just the one I have?
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Considering it's a beta i'm not going to count it out yet. I appreciated it importing my iTunes library automatically, but I was not capable of synchronizing with my TouchPad. I tried several times and the Synchronization progress was indeterminate and the transfer was very slow. Perhaps it's less stable on OS X. For now drag'n'drop will have to do.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Oh, boo, it's just a desktop sync app. I mean, very cool that they have something that will import iTunes playlists and let me sync my music, but I have over 40GB of music and it ain't all gonna fit on my 32GB TouchPad!
    Lets us know how the 50 GB free drop box works for you.
    The notebook app is beautiful, too bad there isn't a Linux one.
    Quote Originally Posted by fubber View Post
    Think you need to then switch your device to USB mode and it should recognise it as a pre...
    sure I did, and then it tells me "Palm device". But it doesn't really matter how exactly my device is recognized atm. But later it could, because I am pretty sure, that this is the place where they will incorporate HP cloud services for our devices.

Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    As just said, at the moment it is just a synch client. But in my opinion, this is the start of iTunes for webOS. They will expand this app to be the main synching "pivot", for wired-, unwired- and cloud-synching.

Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    Hmm...

I used the HP Play software and it worked great to sync, but the only problem is it puts the music under a "HP Play" folder, and for some reason when its in there the touchpad doesn't recognize I have music.

I had to manually move all the songs it copied into a "music" folder before it worked.

Did anyone else notice this or its just the one I have?
    It takes some time for the music indexer on the device to recognize the new music files. So you may just hang on and try again later.
    Where is the benefit over Salling Media Sync?
    Ruby did say that iTunes synching would be coming back, looks like this is the next iteration of that
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast