Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Loq
    Neither can at least not yet since it would take some way of converting the "smart" filtering to plain playlist that would play on WebOS at least at first. I expect it will be coming, soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Try renaming the folder HPPlay (I think that was the name) to Music. It worked on mine.
    Or just give it some more time for the media indexer to get to know the music files. I donÄt know how much more time, but maybe 1 hour or 2?
    as some have pointed out, the issue isn't hpplay, it is the media indeed. It seems to take hours before it notices new songs.

The workarounds seem to be:
    1. Rename the folder, or even change a folder property. The media indeed then immediately sees the changes.
    or
    2. Reboot.
    I downloaded to the PC, worked fine, imported everything. I haven't tried to sync yet with the TP. Is there some way to determine what syncs and what doesn't? I don't want everything on my computer to end up in the TP, and there doesn't appear to be a setting on the PC client.
    Loq likes this.
    It's..... very ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I downloaded to the PC, worked fine, imported everything. I haven't tried to sync yet with the TP. Is there some way to determine what syncs and what doesn't? I don't want everything on my computer to end up in the TP, and there doesn't appear to be a setting on the PC client.
    See this page for details on manual vs automatic sync: HP Play Beta first time user checklist
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    So, um, why is the site in French when the program only comes in English?

Edit: Importing iTunes Library. This could take a while (and a lot of memory).
    anyone know how to manually import/add an album cover. some of mine didn't come with the iTunes import. Maybe a drag and drop. yet to try it as I am not on that PC right now. would like the covers to show up on my TouchPad.

Thanks
    My mac says "This application cannot be opened because it is not supported on this type of Mac."
    I have a first-generation Intel Core Solo Mac Mini. What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    My mac says "This application cannot be opened because it is not supported on this type of Mac."
    strange. It opened and sucked up my itunes playlists from my macbook lickety split before I knew what was happening.
    this takes a while to mount the Touchpad... on Windows... anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    perhaps it'll only run on 64-bit machines? IIRC that's the only difference I remember with the first intel mini's. The core solo is only a 32-bit processor.
    said on the site works with veer touchpad and pre3...so no pre2? *** was the point of that phone then, Its not like it lacks the horsepower to run the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    said on the site works with veer touchpad and pre3...so no pre2? *** was the point of that phone then, Its not like it lacks the horsepower to run the app.
    you sure it won't? i imagine it would work on any usb drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Oh, boo, it's just a desktop sync app. I mean, very cool that they have something that will import iTunes playlists and let me sync my music, but I have over 40GB of music and it ain't all gonna fit on my 32GB TouchPad!
    Thats why I hate "syncing" music. I prefer the drag and drop method.
    worked great with my Pre2
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    downloading it now!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    anyone know how to manually import/add an album cover. some of mine didn't come with the iTunes import. Maybe a drag and drop. yet to try it as I am not on that PC right now. would like the covers to show up on my TouchPad.

Thanks
    goto file / view metadata and then there is an option bottom left.
    It's supposed to work with any WebOS device according to the response here: What devices are supported with HP Play?
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    have any of you been able to sync any of your smart playlists? I've been trying to get my recently added playlist on there to no avail.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast