Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    This app is better than nothing, but still has a long way to go.
    Here are some ideas, concerns I found:
    1. It doesnt work with play-pause-buttons on my mac keyboard
    2. The list should scroll to the currently playing song
    3. Photo syncing with resizing would be VERY nice
    The good thing: it works nicely with my pre- running webos 2.1
    just tried synching with my TP, and it seems to work fine. HOWEVER, it does NOT sync Smart Playlists from iTunes, which is a huge deal for me because I have so many smart playlists that I can't just recreate with APPly.

the good news though, is that Salling Media Sync continues to work awesomely as it does when I bought it.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Oh, boo, it's just a desktop sync app. I mean, very cool that they have something that will import iTunes playlists and let me sync my music, but I have over 40GB of music and it ain't all gonna fit on my 32GB TouchPad!
    you know every touchpad comes with 50 gigs of free cloud storage right? Just DL the box.net app and they give you a free upgrade!
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Oh, boo, it's just a desktop sync app. I mean, very cool that they have something that will import iTunes playlists and let me sync my music, but I have over 40GB of music and it ain't all gonna fit on my 32GB TouchPad!
    Use the Amazon.com Cloud Player.
    Looks like the hpplay.com site is down as of this morning - anyone else able to access it?
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    Looks like the hpplay.com site is down as of this morning - anyone else able to access it?
    i thought it was me.
  7.    #27  
    Congrats to everyone that got it before it got taken down!! :P Problem is the music app references hpplay.com so there's going to be alot of confused new touchpad owners...
    hm...I have the installation file still here.

Anybody remembers what the legal text said? Did it forbid re-distribution of the file?

Otherwise I would upload somewhere...
    I can't find it. When I put in the website or click on the link nothing happens. Anyone able to play audio books from audible?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    When I tried to use it to sync, it only copied over the folders and not the songs themselves... And when I try to drag-and-drop, the Touchpad only recognized a few of the songs.

However, after a reboot, it started recognizing all of the songs.

weird.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the beta to my computer now. So if it was down this morning they have pulled It back up for at least a little while.

This is my first post from my new touchpad and I have to so that so far I am loving it.
    The website that is up under hpplay.com now is a new one. Definitely anotherone as yesterday...more information on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    When I tried to use it to sync, it only copied over the folders and not the songs themselves... And when I try to drag-and-drop, the Touchpad only recognized a few of the songs.

However, after a reboot, it started recognizing all of the songs.

weird.
    [Used Mac client]

Seems quite buggy to me, too. I sync'd, and it copied over 8gb of music. Touchpad's music app reported no music on the device still after un-mounting. Drag and dropping a song worked okay. I tried rebooting, no change.

Going to erase and try re-syncing again. Likes to sit on "Mounting Device" for ages.
    Last edited by Oh4Sh0; 07/02/2011 at 12:59 PM.
  14.    #34  
    Yeah the site must have been taken down so they can revamp it. More information now. It's a wonderful service and I'm really happy that I can FINALLY get rid of iTunes.
    Why isn't PreCentral.net posting a article on HPPLAY.COM on their front page? Is it because the program is still in Beta form? It seems to be running fairly smoothly so far, and the Website has already been updated with new information and instructions.

Just curious as to why no official article on it from PreCentral.net when Webosroundup.com had it on their site yesterday morning I believe.
    I've been using Songbird for many years... & just like I used to try and tell the Pre- guys Songbird works great for all aspects of media that need to be transferred to/from your device... No real need for HPPlay which is a torn down version of Songbird.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I'd always used DoubleTwist for my Pre, and it worked pretty well. Didn't bring in new playlists automatically, IIRC.

Looks to work for TP too, but I haven't actually tried syncing with it.
    double twist would be nicer if they supported AirSync for WebOS, but until they do it is not worth switching from my SunBird setup.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Anyone aware of a way to get Songbird to import smart playlists from iTunes?
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh4Sh0 View Post
    [Used Mac client]

Seems quite buggy to me, too. I sync'd, and it copied over 8gb of music. Touchpad's music app reported no music on the device still after un-mounting. Drag and dropping a song worked okay. I tried rebooting, no change.

Going to erase and try re-syncing again. Likes to sit on "Mounting Device" for ages.
    Try renaming the folder HPPlay (I think that was the name) to Music. It worked on mine.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast