Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gbafam
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if touchpad will launch with an app that will annotate (highlight, allow for notes, etc) pdf documents? I would guess that the a number of vendors will show up eventually with apps, but I'm wondering if there will be one (Iannotate or whatever) available immediately?
    KateD likes this.
    might have to wait for the quickoffice update to editable documents before that will happen. Or a completely different app. Hope it comes soon though.
    The pdf reader of the touchpad does not allow this yet. That kinda sucks for now... I really hope thats something they are planning on adding. Either that or some resourceful homebrew dev can take on this opportunity to patch up the pdf reader.
    This is a big deal for me, too. I purchased the TP thinking that I could use it for PDF annotation - and am more than disappointed that I cannot...
    I agree that we really, really need a full-function PDF reader that allows highlighting, annotation, copying, and all the other functions we have with Windows and Android applications.

I mainly use my TP for reading, and most of what I want to read is in PDF format. Without a full-service PDF reader, the TP isn't much more than a toy.

I doubt HP will be putting much money into developing apps for a platform it's abandoning, but maybe Google will invest in a patch that will allow Android apps to run under webOS, thus opening up a whole new (if admittedly relatively small) market for its Android developers.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I agree, this is a critical need. I'm surprised no one has put this out yet.