1.    #1  
    Any news on Pandora HD?

Would love to have Pandora as an app on the TouchPad. I'm guessing it will run via web but would like the app more. Anyone know anything? Will the phone app at least work? I guess it doesn't need to fill the screen!
    No HD (tablet optimized), but you have nothing to worry about.

One of the reviews I was reading today had a video and one of the apps demo'ed as an example of what legacy apps look like in the emulator was the Pandora designed for the phones. It shows up in the emulator, does not rotate, but works and plays music just the same, and when you change cards what does it matter.

For what it's worth, while I was looking at the Galaxy Tab 10.1 at BB last week, I opened Pandora and was surprised it didn't fill the screen but was about the same size as a phone app but I believe it did rotate.

Pandora to me is one of those simple low feature apps that just works. Open it, pick your radio station, move on to the next card/task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    No HD (tablet optimized), but you have nothing to worry about.

One of the reviews I was reading today had a video and one of the apps demo'ed as an example of what legacy apps look like in the emulator was the Pandora designed for the phones. It shows up in the emulator, does not rotate, but works and plays music just the same, and when you change cards what does it matter.

For what it's worth, while I was looking at the Galaxy Tab 10.1 at BB last week, I opened Pandora and was surprised it didn't fill the screen but was about the same size as a phone app but I believe it did rotate.

Pandora to me is one of those simple low feature apps that just works. Open it, pick your radio station, move on to the next card/task.
    The good thing is that the mini player that used to sit in the dashboard works perfectly in the notifications area.
    If it runs in emulator mode do the notifications still work the same?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    If it runs in emulator mode do the notifications still work the same?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    They work exactly the same.
    I noticed the same thing with 8tracks. Runs in emulator with some issues (mostly fonts... weird) but the music plays great and the dashboard controls does too. So i'm happy with that.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Pandora's website works as well
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Now that I have a TouchPad I have two things I noticed when using the legacy Pandora app. One issue is after I reboot the tablet Pandora forgets who I am and asks for my credentials again.
    I had this happen probably three times now because another program I was installing required a reboot or wouldn't finish.

The second thing is while using bluetooth headphones the audio would skip every 15 seconds or so. I've eliminated the headphones as the problem because they work perfectly while listening to local music and movies as well as streaming other music and video over wi-Fi, so I'm left thinking its the app. And took mosdl's advice above and went to the website and it works perfectly with BT headphones.

So my final Pandora advice is to use the app if not using BT headphone as you get the controls in the notification bar at the top and to plan on using the website if you use BT headphones.
    I had the same problem using BT headphones with Pandora app. I'll check out web site next time with them.