1.    #1  
    Spoke to a few HP reps demoing the TouchPad at a vendor conference and each said that doc editing of word excel exists now from docs sent by others to you (you will not be able to create new docs currently).

I did not speak to the head HP rep as he was demoing in a session to an overflowing house

The people who came by the booth were very receptive. Saw someone from one of the big publishing houses (good luck HP).

HP rep told me that 32 gigs of free storage was coming with the TouchPad

Saw apps for Facebook, Kindle, Audubon, BrainPop, HP Cloud Services (but nothing active when press it). Music app did not have any music on it unlike the one I saw at BestBuy and HP rep cautioned me that these were demo units.

Disclaimer
    No animals were harmed in the making of this post. Writer of this post is not liable for any current or forward effects to you upon reading this post including if you should blow up like a purple balloon when the oompa loompas come to see you.
    Hope your right but.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Spoke to a few HP reps demoing the TouchPad at a vendor conference and each said that doc editing of word excel exists now from docs sent by others to you (you will not be able to create new docs currently).

I did not speak to the head HP rep as he was demoing in a session to an overflowing house

The people who came by the booth were very receptive. Saw someone from one of the big publishing houses (good luck HP).

HP rep told me that 32 gigs of free storage was coming with the TouchPad

Saw apps for Facebook, Kindle, Audubon, BrainPop, HP Cloud Services (but nothing active when press it). Music app did not have any music on it unlike the one I saw at BestBuy and HP rep cautioned me that these were demo units.

Disclaimer
    No animals were harmed in the making of this post. Writer of this post is not liable for any current or forward effects to you upon reading this post including if you should blow up like a purple balloon when the oompa loompas come to see you.
    32 gigs free with $599 model......wait wait I know a rep story too...
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Can't you just keep a copy of "blank" .doc file on the tablet so that you can create new files???
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    32 gigs free with $599 model......wait wait I know a rep story too...
    Only 1 rep said this and he wasn't quite sure of his details so I also was skeptical. However, Amazon is essentially giving away 20 gigs for a year with a purchase of one $0.99 album so not inconceivable that HP would try to match that in the hopes of creating loyalty to their cloud services and the hope that you buy more software, music, media and hardware devices from them. That may be worth the incremental cost of giving away hardware space on some HP servers in the cloud for the first year.
    Only 1 rep said this and he wasn't quite sure of his details so I also was skeptical. However, Amazon is essentially giving away 20 gigs for a year with a purchase of one $0.99 album so not inconceivable that HP would try to match that in the hopes of creating loyalty to their cloud services and the hope that you buy more software, music, media and hardware devices from them. That may be worth the incremental cost of giving away hardware space on some HP servers in the cloud for the first year.
    Amazon cloud can only be used for storing MP3. I am hoping box.net deal, one can store anything they want.
  7.    #7  
    Amazon cloud can only be used for storing MP3. I am hoping box.net deal, one can store anything they want.
    Amazon cloud can be used for storing docs.
    Box.net deal is from box.net and so different than possible HP cloud deal mentioned by the HP rep
    Amazon cloud can be used for storing docs.
    Box.net deal is from box.net and so different than possible HP cloud deal mentioned by the HP rep
    when I tried my 20 gigs of space on amazon, the only way I could load files was to search through amazon app and the only thing the app searched was music
  9.    #9  
    when I tried my 20 gigs of space on amazon, the only way I could load files was to search through amazon app and the only thing the app searched was music
    from amazon.com

What is Amazon Cloud Drive?

Amazon Cloud Drive is your personal hard drive in the cloud. Store your music, videos, photos, and documents on Amazon's secure servers. All you need is a web browser to upload, download, and access your files from any computer. Get more details about using Cloud Drive
    5 GB of Free online storage

Your Cloud Drive comes with 5 GB of free storage—enough space to store up to 1000 songs. This space is yours to use as you like and you will never be charged for it.
    Demo unit for Box.net mentions that 50Gig of storage for the Touchpad is included. Not sure if its just a limited time period.