Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I dont know why i didnt think of this before. Teamviewer has a web login that is Flash based.

I just tested it on my phone (2.1 Sprint Pre - with Flash) and it worked beautifully.

Don't get me wrong, i still would like to have a dedicated app but why would we need a dedicated app when the web login works just as good?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I dont know why i didnt think of this before. Teamviewer has a web login that is Flash based.

I just tested it on my phone (2.1 Sprint Pre - with Flash) and it worked beautifully.

Don't get me wrong, i still would like to have a dedicated app but why would we need a dedicated app when the web login works just as good?
    Great find, I will definitely try it when my TouchPad arrives, Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    Great find, I will definitely try it when my TouchPad arrives, Thanks!
    your welcome bud! someone should go try it now on a demo unit!

i cant wait to try this on mine!
    Well ill be a son of a monkey. Koodos to you. You might have just sold the touchpad for me. Assuming I have a 10% coupon I think I do at home for BestBuy.

I been using Teamviewer on the PC and my Android for a good couple months, had no idea they had a web interface.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Well ill be a son of a monkey. Koodos to you. You might have just sold the touchpad for me. Assuming I have a 10% coupon I think I do at home for BestBuy.

I been using Teamviewer on the PC and my Android for a good couple months, had no idea they had a web interface.
    haha, i knew about it but never made the connection. :P thanks.
    gxdunn likes this.
  6.    #6  
    i may have some bad news for all of you. i'm hoping this was an isolated incident but i went to a walmart today and attempted to use the web login. to my surprise, both times i tried it, it gave an error.

i took some video of it but the video is pretty bad and my friend has it.

PLEASE if anyone can try this out on a NON-demo unit touchpad, i would greatly appreciate it. i'm hoping its some small thing that teamviewer can fix really quick. i'm surprised it was able to work on my pre- but not the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Because I care enough to share this information, I did a 40 minute connection with my friend Jakeee using a Touchpad and the Teamviewer web interface. It's not the best quality but it does work.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubby323 View Post
    Because I care enough to share this information, I did a 40 minute connection with my friend Jakeee using a Touchpad and the Teamviewer web interface. It's not the best quality but it does work.
    would you mind elaborating for me? was it a demo unit? what kind of connection were you on? ect
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    would you mind elaborating for me? was it a demo unit? what kind of connection were you on? ect
    The flash Teamviewer experience is very similar to the android app experience. And I think that is what he is saying (like myself), I can agree the experience IS NOT grand. But its available and thats something. If I can find a Touchpad to try Teamviewer on. I will update with a different perspective . But again, Touchpad comes out tomorrow. I assume more people will chime in.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    The flash Teamviewer experience is very similar to the android app experience. And I think that is what he is saying (like myself), I can agree the experience IS NOT grand. But its available and thats something. If I can find a Touchpad to try Teamviewer on. I will update with a different perspective . But again, Touchpad comes out tomorrow. I assume more people will chime in.
    lol. yes, including me with my own.

i think it didn't work for me because i was using my phone as a mobile hotspot and i didn't get good reception in the walmart. it must not have had the necessary bandwidth.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Sorry for the late reply, but since the NDA is lifted, i can tell you I was on my developer touchpad running the release software working on my app like a beast... on my Touchpad.
    blackfireball5 likes this.
  12.    #12  
    sweet. thanks.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I just tried it on the Touchpad and it's not quite working. If I have it scale the view, then text (in things like emails) isn't readable. If I have it show in the original resolution, the display looks perfect, but you need to scroll around to see the whole desktop. Scrolling doesn't seem to work. It moves the whole browser window, but doesn't seem to let you scroll within the window.

Thoughts?
    It does seem to work nicely, however I can't seem to bring the keyboard up on the Touchpad - am I missing something?

Using the Windows on screen keyboard would work but I would prefer to the use Touchpad keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by scottswigart View Post
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I just tried it on the Touchpad and it's not quite working. If I have it scale the view, then text (in things like emails) isn't readable. If I have it show in the original resolution, the display looks perfect, but you need to scroll around to see the whole desktop. Scrolling doesn't seem to work. It moves the whole browser window, but doesn't seem to let you scroll within the window.

Thoughts?
    I had this problem too and was manually clicking the scroll bar each time I wanted to move around. I just noticed if you press and hold the scroll bar it highlights and you can move it.
    Last edited by markdwaterman; 07/14/2011 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by markdwaterman View Post
    It does seem to work nicely, however I can't seem to bring the keyboard up on the Touchpad - am I missing something?

Using the Windows on screen keyboard would work but I would prefer to the use Touchpad keyboard?
    Is there a way to bring up that onscreen keyboard on a lock screen to enter a password?
    try tapping in adress bar
    That does bring up the keyboard but just for the webos browser address bar. I do not see a way to bring up the keyboard inside the teamviewer browser session.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Is there a way to bring up that onscreen keyboard on a lock screen to enter a password?
    On Windows 7 you can click the "Ease of access" button near the bottom left of the lock screen and then select the windows onscreen keyboard.

On Windows XP, which I'm running, it doesn't seem as simple. The shortcut is Windows+U but I don't think we can execute that on the Touchpad using the Flash based TeamViewer.

I guess an alternative would be to add a scheduled task that starts osk.exe on system start up so it loads at the login screen.

It's a bit clunky but it'll do until a real solution is available...
    Hey guys - I emailed the sales@teamviewer.com e-mail address. At least the reply doesn't shut the door, but I'm sure it would help to have many of us e-mailing them about webOS support:

TeamViewer for iPhone and iPad have been an incredible success which makes it quite likely that we will port TeamViewer to other mobile devices in the near future. At the moment we are involved in numerous other development projects which is why we cannot make any statements on the realization or a final release date.

We would be pleased to add to our mailing list so that you would be one of the first to know when a TeamViewer for WebOS devices will be released.

Please let us know if you would like us to add you to the WebOS mailing list. In order to add you to our list we would kindly ask you to provide us with your country of residence.
    Ok, so I just tried the Flash site for TeamViewer and it works!...but I couldn't get the keyboard to come up. Has anyone else been able to.

Please try and e-mail them regarding a webOS version - this would be great for webOS for business customers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast