Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    Here I thought you were trying to make a point. I got a good laugh out of your 1st post, take credit for it.
    LOL, yeah, both were in jest. But, duh to me, the much easier way is TTS, it's just so new that I didn't think to use it initially.
    I see pandas.
    ive loaded 3 movies and 4 dvds of anime on my TP. Used my pc to encode to mp4 and connected via usb.

I would love to have a netflix app tho.
    sorli likes this.
    I reallllllllyyyyyyy want a netflix app!!!

posted from my touchpad
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Will the TP eventually get a netflix app?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    ive loaded 3 movies and 4 dvds of anime on my TP. Used my pc to encode to mp4 and connected via usb.

I wish I could say the same. I dont understand but none of my videos are showing up. Used handbrake and set it to the ipad profile. Put the TP in usb mode but when I disconnect to check the files never show up!
    Also note that you can stream movies on demand from youtube via flash. Works awesome, watched MIB earlier today.

YouTube - ‪Movies‬‏
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Doh, me forgots TTS. Thanks. Much easier!
    "TTS .. its sorta like catching a Virus... But a good virus... Imagine catching a superpower..."
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenxxmachine View Post
    Will the TP eventually get a netflix app?
    Supposedly yes. But I had a hard time finding anything much on it at all. Some other discussions here and some old articles from near the announcement.

Links:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3001622

HP TouchPad might beat Android and BlackBerry tablets, but not the iPad, analyst says - latimes.com

While there are video/movie alternatives and you can copy videos to the Touchpad and play directly, the convenience and ubiquitous nature of Netflix makes it a must have for a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Wireless using OpenSSH of course.
    What kind of speed do you get with OpenSSH and transferring wirelessly? I'm looking for an alternative to plugging in USB and also hoping for better speed transfer wise since I find USB on my TouchPad VERY Slow.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! Sorli...
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post

Precisely how did you do it: What program to rip? Where did you save the ripped files? What did you convert it to and with what program? How did you"load it" onto your TP? Where did the video file show up, Photos?

Thanks in advance for details!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    I wish I could say the same. I dont understand but none of my videos are showing up. Used handbrake and set it to the ipad profile. Put the TP in usb mode but when I disconnect to check the files never show up!
    i'm having the same problem! Has yours been solved?
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    disconnect without eject to have it rescan file system. Also when you choose ipad profile turn off "large mp4" option
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Precisely how did you do it: What program to rip? Where did you save the ripped files? What did you convert it to and with what program? How did you"load it" onto your TP? Where did the video file show up, Photos?

Thanks in advance for details!
    dvddecryptor and handbrake...both free. Rip to a folder and then select video Ts file in handbrk
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    hulu works for now. Tried it today. Hope HP gets their movie store up. They're burning up money from eager TP owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    hulu works for now. Tried it today. Hope HP gets their movie store up. They're burning up money from eager TP owners.
    Also don't forget about Crackle.com...FREE streaming movies. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by corn13read View Post
    I use this amazing technology apple hasn't figured out yet. it's called "drag and drop"
    Which in most cases works great, but apparently the drag & drop for files has a 4gb ceiling. I have all of my movies, mostly stuff for my kids that I have in mpg format, but slightly larger size b/c most of the viewing is on a 65in screen.

I can format them down for the TouchPad, but really don't want to take on that timely effort if I don't have to? So what is the solution? Ampache is buggy & a ton of effort for video...at least for me. KalemSoft was gold on the Pre, but a complete nightmare as far as TP compatibility. Box.net had a 2gb per file ceiling.

Any unexplored ideas out there that don't involve me reformatting my entire library?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123