Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Ok lets just cut to the chase here and quit beating around the bush.

Will the Touchpad play video we get from bittorent? That's the big question.
    Only if it's in MXF format.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    It still has a media player. All you have to do is load movies on to it before you leave on a trip.
    handbrake works. use "something" else to decrypt your DVD's for personal use. TOok it on a plane recently w/pre +
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    handbrake works. use "something" else to decrypt your DVD's for personal use. TOok it on a plane recently w/pre +
    You can use:
    DVDFab HD Decrypter. Free to Decrypt DVD and Blu-ray, free to Copy DVD and Blu-ray.

Or this:
    SlySoft AnyDVD HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Ok lets just cut to the chase here and quit beating around the bush.

Will the Touchpad play video we get from bittorent? That's the big question.
    Out of the box? No:
    Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Most video torrents use the AVI or MKV containers; it'd need to be encoded in H.264 using the MPEG-4 container.
    PB and wifi ssh.
    The local library has a better selection of movies, than Netflix, AFAIC... Watch Movies Online, free Movies Online, Watch Films online, Watch Films online for free might be an altenative for you. It has been some time since I've gone there, but they used to have a pretty good selection of tv shows & movies to stream.
    I use this amazing technology apple hasn't figured out yet. it's called "drag and drop"
    Will Handbrake work on commercial DVDs?
    Seriously though, someone need to develop a DivX compatible movie player for the Touchpad.

There is more and more h.264 out there, but most movies and tv series are still using DivX.
    Quote Originally Posted by effetk View Post
    Seriously though, someone need to develop a DivX compatible movie player for the Touchpad.

There is more and more h.264 out there, but most movies and tv series are still using DivX.
    Actually, most are now MKV.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Out of the box? No:

Most video torrents use the AVI or MKV containers; it'd need to be encoded in H.264 using the MPEG-4 container.
    To clarify that further --- most hidef torrent movie files are 1080p HIGH PROFILE H.264 in mkv containers.

It is relatively easy and fast to switch containers --- i.e. import a h.264 movie with a mkv container and export the same h.264 movie with a mp4 container. No "re-encoding" is necessary --- and that's a good thing because re-encoding could take a long time to do (hours).

You can test out a similar container switching technique by downloading a movie trailer from itunes. The trailer is a H.264 movie file in a quicktime .mov container. Fire up Quicktime Pro (which has save as and export functions) --- load the quicktime trailer and then export it to the mp4 format with both the video and audio as "passthrough". It takes seconds to switch the trailer from the .mov container to the mp4 container.

But there is a problem with this --- android tablets use Tegra 2 chipset that doesn't play 1080p HIGH PROFILE files. So you have to re-encode each torrent movie (to 1080p MAIN PROFILE) --- and each movie could take hours to re-encode individually.

OMAP4 chipset can play 1080p HIGH PROFILE files. Currently the Playbook cannot play mkv container --- so you have to switch container format to mp4, but that is much easier than re-encoding.

Qualcomm is super secretive about their specs --- so we don't know whether the TouchPad can play 1080p HIGH PROFILE files or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by cthetford View Post
    Will Handbrake work on commercial DVDs?
    You'd need to use a program to rip it and decrypt it. From there Handbrake can change the format and compress it for use on the TouchPad.
    I recently purchased EyeTV for my Mac and have been recording several movies and hours of programming from my Comcast box. I have them saved in a folder that I plan to transfer over to the TouchPad.

I wonder if you can delete files from the TouchPad without using a computer, like when you're done watching a show if you can just delete it.
    If you use internalz you can. With that said I am not sure where Jay is at with all that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I've been using Kalemsoft Video Player https://developer.palm.com/appredire...icationid=9146 for the past week. It rocks! I can stream every video file I've tried from my PC out to my phone. It is a PDK app so I don't know why it wouldn't work on the TouchPad. I use TorrentTouch Pro, https://developer.palm.com/webChanne...amdev.webuipro formerly webui for webos, to initiate a remote torrent download from my phone. Just a short while later, I can stream it from my home PC to my phone using KalemSoft.
    As I just tried,

internalz got installed as I had it on my pre. And it seems to work out of the box.
    Infact, I can play the music files, the build in music app doesn't seem to find.

I am trying to conervert a mkv movie, I'll post how that worked out in a bit.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Hold up TP to TV and record movies with RF camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    TP doesn't have a RF camera. You'd have better luck using touch-to-share with the TV
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Doh, me forgots TTS. Thanks. Much easier!
    Here I thought you were trying to make a point. I got a good laugh out of your 1st post, take credit for it.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    I wonder if it'll be able to play Digital Copy format videos.. That would make me happy.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    How exactly does one "load up your movies"? Which apps to use? rip from DVD or what? Let's have some details, please.
    Ripit is fantastic on a mac. It even has options to optimize the video for different devices including iPad which is the same resolution as Touchpad. Worth every penny.
    RipIt – Rip DVDs on your Mac to watch movies anywhere – The Little App Factory
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast