1.    #1  
    First article on the round of interviews that were probably done by Kerris last week in NY. The fact that is in Fast Company not only shows the inevitable breadth of coverage that will occur for this launch but also shows there is interest in the fast growing tablet market (Fast Company markets to CEOs and focuses on growth areas)

Note: interviewer says he has had a demo unit for the past week

Kerris confirms 300 TouchPad apps at launch

"We don't do Android" (McKinney)

'We're HP. We're going to ship a lot of units--that's inevitable. We're an easy investment. Most of the developers that are on the iOS platform can have their apps up and running here in a matter of days." ...

Our whole belief is that the entire experience is going to go to HTML5," McKinney explains. "You won't need anything funky--if you develop an application, you know what your test platform is? Any HTML5 browser. It gives a footprint in size and scale to make [WebOS] attractive to app developers."

"On one hand, you have a beautiful product, but it's a walled garden," says Kerris, referring to Apple's iPad and iOS. "On the other hand, you have a plethora of products, but it's the Wild, Wild West. Somewhere in the middle we can have a great impact--we offer a happy medium."

My conversation with Kerris begins to wind down. Soon he'll hand me the TouchPad that I've been playing with now for the past week.

Before leaving, I ask him how his time at Apple has influenced his experience at HP. "When I was at Apple, it was during the whole emergence of OS X out of OS 9," Kerris says. "When we launched, it didn't have Microsoft, it didn't have Adobe, it didn't have Quark. All the naysayers said, 'There's no way--it's over, Apple.' And it's certainly not."

"Yes, we have a huge challenge," he continues, shifting his thoughts back to HP. "But in my eyes, it's fun to be the underdog, especially when you believe in the products so much. Let everybody else say, 'You guys are too late--there are already hundreds of thousands of apps.' Yeah? Well, so what? We're in the very, very early stages here, and we have the environment that was built for this stuff."

My iPhone, which rang several times during our meeting, was finally set to silent. '

http://www.fastcompany.com/1762959/h...d-ios-android?
    I hope our browser gets better if they are going to relie on HTML5. Right now half the websites doesnt load properly, and even blackberry playbook has a better acid score than pre.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I hope our browser gets better if they are going to relie on HTML5. Right now half the websites doesnt load properly, and even blackberry playbook has a better acid score than pre.
    You are talking about the PrePlus or the Pre2 on 1.45 or 2.1?

This article is about the TouchPad.

As an aside, I predict a ton of press this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    You are talking about the PrePlus or the Pre2 on 1.45 or 2.1?

This article is about the TouchPad.

As an aside, I predict a ton of press this week.
    Yup you are right, I hope TP browser is not worse or SAME as 1.45 or 2.x browser.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I still find it amusing that they always say "We use HTML so porting apps is easy!" iOS apps are generally written in Ovjective C and Android apps are generally written in Java (not JavaScript). I know all of the platforms are looking to embrace HTML as a language for standalne apps in some form or another but we're not there yet. As long as hybrid pdk apps can support a good amount of existing C family code we should be alright

- Phil -
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I can't stand the Pre's browser. It always locks up my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7.    #7  
    I had a chance today to read this article closely. The author compliments webOS by calling the software "slick", a good sign since he has been using the TouchPad for over a week.
    Great article by a very prominent magazine, thanks bluenote.
  9.    #9  
    you're welcome. I think HP will get a flood of publicity, it is already getting articles from a range of pubs--from the major ones like Fast Company to the specialized pubs like Var and CRN that deal with the channel. That and the number of HP direct and indirect sales force will be sure to put this product in front of a lot of consumer and corporates.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    you're welcome. I think HP will get a flood of publicity, it is already getting articles from a range of pubs--from the major ones like Fast Company to the specialized pubs like Var and CRN that deal with the channel. That and the number of HP direct and indirect sales force will be sure to put this product in front of a lot of consumer and corporates.
    Great article,I just hope they do the same with future smart phones.