Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beanis
  1.    #1  
    I've realized that this is such a big deal to me that I am willing to pledge $10 to whomever creates a patch that offers a usable and functional split keyboard.

I would like to ask who else would pledge $ to motivate the patching community to find a way to make this happen.
    dadueler likes this.
    What is a Split Keyboard?

Must be an Android Tablet interface that makes typing on large screens easier.
  3.    #3  

Actually Microsoft showed it off first for their Windows 8 demo, then Apple said they are doing it for iOS 5.
    windows phone has announced this, and I think iOS 5 also. Puts the entire keyboard within reach of thumbs... I really want this!

Does it have to be a patch or homebrew? can't someone release an app that changes the keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post

Does it have to be a patch or homebrew? can't someone release an app that changes the keyboard?
    This is what I have been hoping, would be nice to see it in the app cat. Hey wIRC is in the app catalog now...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post

I know Android allows you to select (and change) keyboards. I'm not sure if webOS allows this via app, which is why it'd have to be a patch. It'd be great to add it as an option where webOS has the 'size' button on the TP. S, M, L, Split, Swype.

Yes please!
    Microsoft has had it for origami for a whiiiiiiile.

In anycase, I'd love to see a Dvorak patch. I'd pledge (or raise my glass) to that......
    Where does the keyboard "app" live?
    Does anyone know?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm dying with this stock keyboard. No cursor move button/ no forward delete button. Help!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...s-patches.html

and somebody has figured out that thorn symbol acts as Control key(also a combination with [ acts as Esc) so I'm sure there'll be a patch for this adding the thorn symbol as Ctrl key.