Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    <<threads merged>>
    Wow, I didn't know that box.net normally cost 20 bucks per month for 50gb. This is a sweet deal!
    This is the feature thats starting to tempt me even with the lack of video out. 50Gigs of cloud storage is HUGE! I have no idea why NOONE is making a big deal over this, not one review I've read/watched has even mentioned that you get ANY cloud storage.

50 Gigs of off site storage is massive. The tablet may only go up to 32 but with this, just .......
    how do you access media with box.net in the media app?
    I have 50 gb's free its awesome! <3
    This looks like 50 gig personal of free storage.
    But does not have the features that the business accounts have--ie password protected sharing, sync desktop files, full text search, Google apps integration.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I understand the offer is for LIFE, as long as you own a Box.net account. What I want clarification on, is if there is an expiration date to sign up/open an account. I plan to buy my TouchPad later in the month.
    Don't know expiration date of offer, I imagine it will be available for awhile.

The personal account has a 1 gig limit on file size. I believe that would exclude many movies.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    how do you access media with box.net in the media app?
    after you ul the files to box.net from ure comp, just use the app in the TP to select them and DL them. Ive been doing that to load all my music pix and vids now with no hiccups!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I'm not familiar with box.net, been using dropbox and zumodrive. Is it true that with this account you have to upload/download files from some interface instead of just having a drive or folder automatically in the cloud? And they charge twice what dropbox is charging? Strange...
    Quick question: can you use it as true cloud storage? Does box.net show up as a folder in photos like Facebook does? Is it a cloud folder you access/stream from live, or do you have to sync files to the local storage first?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netmarshall View Post
    Quick question: can you use it as true cloud storage? Does box.net show up as a folder in photos like Facebook does? Is it a cloud folder you access/stream from live, or do you have to sync files to the local storage first?
    unfortunately it does not. You have to DL them to you TP once you upload them. Still its really nice way to back up and share all ure stuff. Hopefully HP can integrate it better with synergy...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Don't know expiration date of offer, I imagine it will be available for awhile.

The personal account has a 1 gig limit on file size. I believe that would exclude many movies.
    you can always split them up in zip or 7z files
    Make sure you download "Box for Touchpad" and NOT Box.net or it will cost you a buck and not get you anywhere. DUH!
    Just type 'box.' It should be pre-installed. Then create an account or sign in.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Question on how this works. It kind of assumes that the QO editing is coming PDQ, but bear with me....

If I have a whitepaper I'm authoring, and I want to be able to work on it both on the TP and my desktop (not at the same time), does that mean I'd have to start it on the desktop, intentionally upload via Box, intentionally download to my TP, edit, upload, download to PC, edit, repeat? Or can I put the file in a specific directory to have it synced?

What I'm understanding is the former, but I want to be sure. If it's the latter, I'd be likely to get a TP and take Quick Office on faith. At this point, though, the TP sounds like it's full of almost awesome on every front. C'mon, HP, knock just one ball out of the park and I'm in.
    For those asking about the 50GB issue, I submitted a ticket about not having 50GB on my box.net account. Here's the reply:

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

This feature will be pushed out later today. Just keeping checking in
    You'll need to log out and log back in at the time.

Sincerely,
    Box Support
    That was Friday afternoon and I'm still at 5GB. box.net does not have a free sync feature like dropbox or Live Sync, but the integration with TouchPad will make it nice to use.
    I posted this question in another thready, but wanted to pose it here too... Can someone confirm that the 25MB limit is not in place and that you are in fact able to upload files over 25MB and up to 1GB?
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    I posted this question in another thready, but wanted to pose it here too... Can someone confirm that the 25MB limit is not in place and that you are in fact able to upload files over 25MB and up to 1GB?
    confirmed.
    I was able to upload a 50mb video (from my computer), then use the box app on touchpad to download it to device.

Still working on how to play it tho
    Quote Originally Posted by sevensoft View Post
    confirmed.
    I was able to upload a 50mb video (from my computer), then use the box app on touchpad to download it to device.

Still working on how to play it tho

Yeah it takes a bit of time tethered to a 3G phone to download (1 or 2 min). The video I tested was 19mb and it started playing automatically after box downloaded it to my device, it was a mp4 file. It also automatically showed in the photos and videos native app after box downloaded it to the device.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast