Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Wow 50GB for life of account is a great deal
    Bringing Box to HP TouchPad | The Box Blog - Read about new features, interviews and more

They must be using some HP cloud hardware/software
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow for life? that is jus awesome .. holy cow~!! -=X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Glad to hear it's for life and not 30/60/90 day trial.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    yep, i just got off the phone with them and they said its for life! this is GREAT news.

they should be emialing me or calling me with the steps on how to set my account up with the 50 gigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    wow for life? that is jus awesome .. holy cow~!! -=X
    Wow HP must have some great servers their putting to this Box.net cause. I like having 50 gb available to me from this point forward. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Wow HP must have some great servers their putting to this Box.net cause. I like having 50 gb available to me from this point forward. Sorli...
    i know right! thats a hefty amount of cloud storage.
    Oh it's real! Downloading the Box.net client for the TP now that provides 50gb of storage for free for life to all TouchPad users.

Bringing Box to HP TouchPad | The Box Blog - Read about new features, interviews and more

VERY COOL and really interesting! Sorli...
    Pure awesomeness... At a value of $20 a month, it should be marketed as: buy 25 months of 50 gb cloud storage and get a free HP 16gb Touchpad!
    Awesome! Here's the official details from the box.net blog:
    Wow, lifetime? that adds up to a few bucks...
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    bah, would have loved 50gigs of cloud space, but 5 is alright, still better than dropbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by louboy23 View Post
    i just signed up for it via the touchpad, while in the app, a pop up told me i had been upgraded. This app doesnt show the space u have, odd. So i logged online and sure enough, there it says i have 50gb, nice!
    So is it 50, or is it 5.0? 50 seems ludicrous (LUDICROUSLY AWESOME!). I can't help but wonder if this is an error and we're not gonna know until someone fills it up...
    check the link, I'll repost it (the forum is not currently underlining links, makes them not quite as obvious, so I'm adding the underline manually. )

bringing-box-to-hp-touchpad

From the link:

Today, HP’s TouchPad officially enters the tablet mix, and we’re excited to announce the concurrent launch of Box for TouchPad – available immediately for download. We’ve also worked with HP to bring 50GB of free cloud storage to TouchPad users, which lasts the lifetime of the Box account. As the world’s leading provider of personal computers, we expect HP’s launch of the TouchPad to drive further tablet adoption in the enterprise. (emphasis added)
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/01/2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: added box.net direct quote
    I see pandas.
    Seems like this would be a very easy precentral front page article to write up......
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    check the link, I'll repost it (the forum is not currently underlining links, makes them not quite as obvious, so I'm adding the underline manually. )

bringing-box-to-hp-touchpad

From the link:
    Yup. Missed the link before. Thanks! Wow!
    That is amazing. This will recover the whole cost of device in 2 years of use. Not to mention access all your data from anywhere, on any device. AMAZING
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Wow, lifetime? that adds up to a few bucks...
    At a value of $20 a month, we're essentially getting a free 16gb Touchpad after 25 months of the Box.net 50gb service!
    kchan283 likes this.
  17.    #57  
    wow the reviews would be so much better if this was working like a week back, anyone had used it to store stuff?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I agree. No one mentioned it in any reviews, but this is a pretty sweet deal. Dropbox charges $10/month for 50 gigs.
    So Dropbox is cheaper at $10 a month? I think Box.net charges $20 a month for 50gb!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i know right! thats a hefty amount of cloud storage.
    WOW this is amazing and the TouchPad App is pretty sweet. Love having all the space, but now what do I do with it??? Terrible having so much space and not enough music to store online.

I need to find out if anyone has a better client for Mac computers to transfer files back and forth between workstations and box.net.

What do you guys/girls plan to use your Box.net storage? Sorli...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast