Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    idk if this is anything different or not, but the box.net client in the app cat says it's .99 but when you click on it, it says free download. It's not an app that I've paid for before either.

Edit: or maybe I have bought it already and just forgot.. Someone else should heck
    IDK what device you are using but on my verizon pre plus, it wants to charge me 99 c.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    IDK what device you are using but on my verizon pre plus, it wants to charge me 99 c.
    sprint pre - 1.4.5. I just downloaded it and signed up for service. It's telling me I get 5 gb of space when the intro only said 1. Downloading the app was free for me.

Edit: ya, turns out I had already bought it, just forgot.
    Last edited by wesleymarin; 06/26/2011 at 10:22 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    sprint pre - 1.4.5. I just downloaded it and signed up for service. It's telling me I get 5 gb of space when the intro only said 1. Downloading the app was free for me.

Edit: ya, turns out I had already bought it, just forgot.
    plus 5 gigs is what iOS users have also
    I signed up through my TouchPad and my account manager says 5.0gb of available space. I guess it was a typo. How someone can let an error like that get this far is beyond me.
    bah, would have loved 50gigs of cloud space, but 5 is alright, still better than dropbox.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I signed up through my TouchPad and my account manager says 5.0gb of available space. I guess it was a typo. How someone can let an error like that get this far is beyond me.
    Man are you sure, try contacting box.net and see if they can fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Man are you sure, try contacting box.net and see if they can fix it.
    I submitted a ticket, will update.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i just signed up for it via the touchpad, while in the app, a pop up told me i had been upgraded. This app doesnt show the space u have, odd. So i logged online and sure enough, there it says i have 50gb, nice!
    the box.net client in the 1.4.5-2.1 catalog is not an official app from box.net, they didn't want to bother making one for the webOS community, so I stepped up and made one, you get 5 gigs of space on the free account.

abe

the app for the TP was made by box.net
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    It is a free app and it is 50GB don't know for how long haven't seen anything on my TP or on the website.
    But i use it for 2 Days now.

And the App from the TP App Catalogue is directly from Box as it seems
    when I opened the app it said my account was upgraded and now lists 50gigs of space!!!!
    great when is expiration?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    great when is expiration?
    It doesn't say. Next to my account type it says personal+50 (monthly)
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    It doesn't say. Next to my account type it says personal+50 (monthly)
    wow could be indefinite, similar to the 5 for personal on website

edit
    confirmed by wired, seems to de rigeur for tablets to have some free cloud
    storage whether its google or amazon
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...hpad-box-cloud
    Last edited by bluenote; 07/01/2011 at 02:07 AM.
    Box.net was a launch partner on February 9th, so this deal has been in place likely since before that, and is a great way for them to upgrade their profile. I suspect as storage and cloud services become more and more prevalent, the free space will continue to increase for all of the players, especially with Amazon's current cutrate pricing of $1 a GB / per year.
    Wow I don't know about you all, but 50GB free cloud storage is a game changer for me. As soon as I return to a webos phone and start using freetether again, i'll be in heaven.

I would think that this partnership would go a long way towards making the touchpads's price seen appropriate to the naysayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Wow I don't know about you all, but 50GB free cloud storage is a game changer for me. As soon as I return to a webos phone and start using freetether again, i'll be in heaven.

I would think that this partnership would go a long way towards making the touchpads's price seen appropriate to the naysayers.
    I agree, 50 GB is huge. I personally don't use cloud services much, concerned about privacy and security, but I will give this a go.

As far as the naysayers go, you could give them a free TouchPad with 100GB of free storage and they still would find something to complain about.
    That is amazing. I mean if you get it for 1 year that is 240$ off list prices
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i cant believe HP doesnt advertise this~!! 50 gigs is simply awesome~! i wonder if even icloud will be able to match this~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    You get 5 gigs free with icloud.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast