1.    #1  
    I know that Dish has apps for other platforms. One for webOS would be nice!
    Absolutely. I'd download it immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Absolutely. I'd download it immediately.
    go to DISH Online - Your TV Everywhere. Watch. Record. Rent. and login. Flash viewing works, although their site seems very slow. Pretty cool though. Trying to get dvr viewing to work....
    Tried dishonline.com and was able to log in but when I clicked on a show it just sat there for a bit and nothing. Tried it on a few different browsers for my desktop and all the site gave me when I tried to log in was the 502 Bad Gateway error.

Oh well I guess I will try again later.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Tried dishonline.com and was able to log in but when I clicked on a show it just sat there for a bit and nothing. Tried it on a few different browsers for my desktop and all the site gave me when I tried to log in was the 502 Bad Gateway error.

Oh well I guess I will try again later.
    yeah I'm getting the same thing. I chatted with an online rep earlier today and asked him if they were having server issues and he said yes, they are doing maintenance, so I am sure that is it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I had the same server issues earlier today, but it has been working the past 2 hrs. So I tried it out, watched the objective.
    overall it was good as streaming netflix or dish on a pc. I did run in to a major problem trying to get content from the starz/encore family. It requires you have an additional plugin installed, which we obviously cant install. So until the app comes out, starz/encore is off limits. I only successfully watched a hulu clip and an ifc film.
  7. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laxsu19 View Post
    I had the same server issues earlier today, but it has been working the past 2 hrs. So I tried it out, watched the objective.
    overall it was good as streaming netflix or dish on a pc. I did run in to a major problem trying to get content from the starz/encore family. It requires you have an additional plugin installed, which we obviously cant install. So until the app comes out, starz/encore is off limits. I only successfully watched a hulu clip and an ifc film.
    EPIX movies work as well assuming you have access to them (I think they are on free weekend right now).
    Currently watching "Iron Man 2" on the wife's TP. Works very well.

CFC
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    EPIX movies work as well assuming you have access to them (I think they are on free weekend right now).
    Currently watching "Iron Man 2" on the wife's TP. Works very well.

CFC
    A lot of the movies on Dishonline.com won't play because it keeps asking me to
    install "Dish Online Video OPtimizer" plug-in. Unfortunately, it cannot be installed
    on the Touchpad.

Some videoos will play, but not a lot...
    I'd love to see a Dishnetwork app.
    I have the sling adapter to watch live tv with dish online but says it will not work with the webOS browser. Tech says only android and iPad are supported.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    A lot of the movies on Dishonline.com won't play because it keeps asking me to
    install "Dish Online Video OPtimizer" plug-in. Unfortunately, it cannot be installed
    on the Touchpad.

Some videoos will play, but not a lot...
    I tried to download the Optimizer and I have a file names WidevineMediaTransformer.dmg.

Webos does not have a file handler to run this program.

Any ideas?

http://dishonline.zendesk.com/entrie...m-requirements
    Last edited by Dale46; 09/19/2011 at 06:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    mike73--it is true we have no sling player app. They supported Palm in the Treo days, but have never supported webOS. Not ever.

I have read in articles discussing the Netflix split, that Dish bought blockbuster and is planning to get in to the movie streaming business. Dish had no comment and I don't know if we would need an app or plug in, but maybe we will be able to view these down the line.