Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...om.textone.app

It's in beta but works well. As it has iOS and Android support, I hope it becomes a Whatsapp killer an advantage I see is that it can be installed on non-phone devices like the iPad
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 06/26/2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    k4llle and Rnp like this.
    looks cool, is this ad supported and is it one of those apps that shares user information?
    Any link directs to App Catalog to download? I don't have a phone number of any the supported countries.......
    can I text to Australia w it without charge from US?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    of course, can't use on our legacy devices
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    of course, can't use on our legacy devices
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...om.textone.app

Available for:

Palm Pre, HP Veer, Palm Pre2

It said it is available for Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...om.textone.app

Available for:

Palm Pre, HP Veer, Palm Pre2

It said it is available for Pre
    me:

VZW Pixi Plus. 1.4.5.1

none of the above, or 2.1
    i am now installing it on my 2.1 pre and i will let you guys know how it goes.Funny that they acknowledged us after we begged whatsapp over the last few months.I hope their blackberry app comes through fast so we can connect to as many platforms as possible.I am going to post up about them on my fB wall to give them as much exposure as possible
    Oh this is fantastic and would be great if my iPhone and Android users jumped on-board, but at least my wife and I can use it and will make things MUCH Easier if we have to switch to the more expensive SMS providers like ATT and Verizon.

Also like the fact that it is completely webOS integrated, has a preference option to allow msgs to be received even when closed, and it's super fast (unlike SMS that is so reliant on phone coverage for communication).

Also, are you the app developer or is this TextOne specific product ported over to webOS 2.1? Either way, thanks for the link and info! Sorli...
    works when i sent an email to my username@text-one.com account but i have no contacts yet but i will let you guys know how it affects battery life also
    Can anybody post a direct link to App Catalog? I don't have a phone number from any of the supported countries.
  12.    #12  
    Use impostah and install with app ID com.TextOne.app
    It works fine as it is but the Preference panel is buggy - the buttons don't work and the setting for running in the background doesn't stick.
    On the iPhone the push notification works . Haven't tested on Android yet.
    I am also not sure about installing with the same TextOne ID on multiple devices and how that would work out.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 06/24/2011 at 04:09 AM.
  13.    #13  
    This link will work if you click on it with your webOS device
    Using http instead of https will take one directly to the app catalog

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...om.textone.app
    yes the Preferences "keep connection when app not opened definitely does not stay"I kept the app open overnight but when i woke up it had disconnected but i guess these are some of the kinks that they have to work on
    yes the Preferences "keep connection when app not opened definitely does not stay"I kept the app open overnight but when i woke up it had disconnected but i guess these are some of the kinks that they have to work on
  16.    #16  
    although the box is unchecked, push notifications are working
    dev @mickael on twitter says the system is not yet 'multi-installation' aware. I guess that means if you have the same textone ID on more than one device, only one will get the notification. However that will change next week according to Mickael.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    can I text to Australia w it without charge from US?
    it uses only data so there shd be no charge beyond data usage
    I get some weird Mojoservice error about Connection Timeout on my regular phone. I tried installing it to my dad's old Pre and tried messaging my regular phone from that account and I didn't receive a message. I tweeted them saying I had loads of feedback so hopefully I'll be able to properly convey to them what exactly is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Had a nice email conversation with one of their support agents, MickaŽl. He's a really nice guy and let me know that a lot of features/fixes are coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Use impostah and install with app ID com.TextOne.app
    It works fine as it is but the Preference panel is buggy - the buttons don't work and the setting for running in the background doesn't stick.
    Actually, the preference panel was not wired. It was supposed to be hidden in beta build. Sorry about that.
    Beta 0.9.4 submitted today will have a working preference pane.

Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    On the iPhone the push notification works . Haven't tested on Android yet.
    I am also not sure about installing with the same TextOne ID on multiple devices and how that would work out.
    For same ID on multiple device it require change on the server and client. This will be ready for TouchPad launch, where multi devices will be mandatory.

For push notification, it works on WebOS. We have a few case we chase down when the app do not reconnect. We will be adding reporting tool on monday to have users report problem in there specific configuration.

Thank you for your interest !

--
    MickaŽl Rťmond
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast