Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree4Likes
    Hi All, any of you using Textone on your WebOS devices? It would be great to increase the number of users for WebOS platform, so the developers will be interested in continuing support the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niben View Post
    Impostah says Application not found.
    Having the same problem. Can't seem to find any TextOne-ipk's anywhere..
    Try write com.textone.app in dummymaker.
    Just as an update on any updates for TextOne for webOS, I e-mailed about the update for picture messaging and they said that they are waiting for a "strong signal from HP/Palm about the future of webOS"
    Send and receive pictures

Leave comment for new features...
    Rnp likes this.
    I replied to the e-mail stating that I think it's still worth developing the update because picture messaging is such a basic feature now that we are missing and that the uncertainty isn't stopping other developers. I also mentioned that there are a lot more owners of webOS devices due to the fire sale. Their response? "If there is no platform, there is no point developing on..." I interpret that as saying that webOS doesn't exist. They don't seem to want anything to do with webOS anymore.

Am I being unreasonable?
    Last edited by friskies64; 10/17/2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    Hello,
    I am a Palm Pre2 user in the Netherlands, the smartphone was bought in the UK. Missing an app like Whatsapp I tried to get my hands one TextOne but to no avail. Through my Pre2 the App Catalogue says Connection Error and through PC I only have the option to send the link to phonenumbers in the US, UK a.o. but not to my own number.
    Would you know a way to circumvent this? Thanks in advance, Hugo Arlman
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I noticed that its behavior became a bit erratic. Although I received messages, the ones I sent were delivered hours later.
    The same goes in group chats where my friends (both iOS and android) could send things and I would get them instantly, but my messages made it hours later.
    Anyone else experiencing problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Changed the link in the first post to make it mobile friendly (and open in the app catalog)
    link is not working in my pre2, neither in my PC...pl provide working link
    pl provide the link..somebody plsss..
    Anyone can share a link for download HD version? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    Anyone can share a link for download HD version? Thanks.
    There is no HD-version. In fact, there isn't even a phone version anymore since they dropped support for webOS entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    There is no HD-version. In fact, there isn't even a phone version anymore since they dropped support for webOS entirely.
    someone must have a .ipk somewhere though, anyone have a .ipk of it?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It still works for me and it's the main reason I haven't doctored my phone the past months as I use it every day to talk with my friends with android or iOS phones.
    However I don't think it can be "installed" again.
    I exported an .ipk and tried it in my TP but I couldnt connect.
    I sent the same .ipk to an other guy from this forum and he told me the same.
    If anyone is interested I can send it to him, but I'm not optimistic.
    It installs fine but then you neither can register with a new account, nor login with a previous account.
    As I said it still works in my phone and I'll be glad to send it to whoever wants it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    it still works in my phone and I'll be glad to send it to whoever wants it.
    Well, I'd like to try it on my Pre 3. I've snatched a certain "com.textone.app_0.9.10_all.ipk" package that's easily found on a web site. It installs in a breeze with Preware, but icon doesn't show in launcher until a Luna restart - bad sign. The first time I installed it, at least started, asked me for a user name, and got stuck. Today, after reinstall, it doesn't even start.

Se please, send me your package if you will, I'd like to give this a final test.

Meanwhile, the quest for the much loved&hated WhatsApp goes on... One day some guy pops up saying he almost has it, only to dissapear immediately after.,,
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

I use TextOne on my Pre3! I did back it up and wanted to use it on my Veer also. It installs, but Account-Login is not possible

I even tried setting up a script for Save/Restore to move it to my veer. But it seems that it doesn't store any data. I assume that the service that runs in the background does the data storage.

Did anyone successfully copy TextOne AND log into profile with the new device?

My Pre 3 shows 3second lags several times a day. Thus it is time to doctor it. That would mean the loss on TextOne right now

Thanks for any tips!

MGMFT
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I just answered in the other topic you posted.
    Unfortunately it seems you can't install it again.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I use TextOne (push messaging on webOS) a lot. But it is not available anymore in the App Catalog. Thus if you install a new device/profile or have to docotor your pre, you will lose TextOne Even if you back it up and reinstall manually after doctoring! If you want the app back, please show the developers, that the webOS community is still alive (even if on life support )

Make yourself heared!

TextOne – a messenger that left webOS! webosq

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TextOne/120482644665674

https://twitter.com/#!/processone

https://plus.google.com/111639774070983253417/posts
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678