Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Had a nice email conversation with one of their support agents, MickaŽl. He's a really nice guy and let me know that a lot of features/fixes are coming.
    Yes, I knew about this thread thanks to Jake and I just join Pre Central !
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    it uses only data so there shd be no charge beyond data usage
    I confirm this: No other fee than data. If you are on unlimited plan, you are safe (of course, be careful abroad on roaming, wifi is fine).
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Had a nice email conversation with one of their support agents, MickaŽl. He's a really nice guy and let me know that a lot of features/fixes are coming.
    I just installed this and its pretty basic. One of the options I really wanted from Whatsapp is the multichat. Is that a future feature with TextOne?
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    IamMedina -TextOne ID, add away.
  5.    #25  
    Installed the latest beta. The preferences panel now works great. Decided to go with a single ID (palmdoc) for all my devices. For incoming messages the iDevices will receive them but not the Pre2. Sending messages from the Pre2 works fine.
    I guess we'll have to wait for multiple installation support for the webOS client.

Overall nice work so far
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    I just installed this and its pretty basic. One of the options I really wanted from Whatsapp is the multichat. Is that a future feature with TextOne?
    It has group chat.
    Installed the latest beta. The preferences panel now works great. Decided to go with a single ID (palmdoc) for all my devices. For incoming messages the iDevices will receive them but not the Pre2. Sending messages from the Pre2 works fine.
    I guess we'll have to wait for multiple installation support for the webOS client.

Overall nice work so far
    I received messages from my friends iPod Touch, so I'm guessing that's an issue only with single IDs...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Also I'm Jake_M if you guys ever wanna chat me up!
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    what about notifications? I don't get any. I have to open the app to see if someone text me.

edit: nevermind. As soon as I posted this I got a notification. I did update the app so maybe that was it
    Last edited by delacro; 06/24/2011 at 08:50 PM.
    what about notifications? I don't get any. I have to open the app to see if someone text me.

edit: nevermind. As soon as I posted this I got a notification. I did update the app so maybe that was it
    Yeah 0.9.4 has working notifications, and you in the preferences app you need to have that checkbox at the bottom checked.
  10.    #30  
    Group messaging works great. It would be nice to be able to save one's favorite contact groups.
    This link will work if you click on it with your webOS device
    Using http instead of https will take one directly to the app
    nice finding, i already wondered how to open beta apps now the feeds are gone.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi,

I installed TextOne - it's cool app, but I don't understand why would I need additional messaging app/infrastructure instead of using some existing IM like GTalk, Yahoo...

Those IM services have been around for quite some time and almost all smartphones have native clients.

I must be missing something ?

ps. I found that BB app should be available in Q2 - anyone knows if it is really comming ?

Thanks

Excuse my ignorance : it's seems that everybody is introducing new messaging aps, even Steve Jobs. There is a good article at ProcessOne blog http://www.process-one.net/en/blogs/...medium=twitter
    Last edited by kresom; 06/25/2011 at 05:39 PM.
  13.    #33  
    Why is this better than say gtalk or yahoo messenger? Same reasons for the huge popularity of Whatsapp
    - multi-platform support in a single easy to use and understand app. (versus multiple applications in multiple platforms to support a single service eg gtalk). It's also perception that this is a simple 'texting' app versus a 'messenger' app. Same thing but SMS/text is what the average user is familiar with.
    - bg push notifications means the app doesn't have to be running all the time. I hope this means battery savings cos with the webOS messaging app as 'online' all the time it sucks juice.
    - free service
    Why is this better than say gtalk or yahoo messenger? Same reasons for the huge popularity of Whatsapp
    - multi-platform support in a single easy to use and understand app. (versus multiple applications in multiple platforms to support a single service eg gtalk). It's also perception that this is a simple 'texting' app versus a 'messenger' app. Same thing but SMS/text is what the average user is familiar with.
    - bg push notifications means the app doesn't have to be running all the time. I hope this means battery savings cos with the webOS messaging app as 'online' all the time it sucks juice.
    - free service
    I've had the background service running and my battery life hasn't been bad really.
  15.    #35  
    btw kresom thanks for the link to the ProcessOne blog article. Looks like they have big plans in the messaging arena and looking at their TextOne roadmap things look good!
  16.    #36  
    Changed the link in the first post to make it mobile friendly (and open in the app catalog)
    Quote Originally Posted by mremond View Post
    Yes, I knew about this thread thanks to Jake and I just join Pre Central !
    Welcome to Precentral. They need to setup a developer forum for you like the other developers. I am sure one of the moderators can make that happen for you. Great app! I notice on my iPod it can create a link to the contacts. Is that coming for webOS as well?
    Multichat is already there. You can add many contacts to the conversation.

Actually, it is less basic than you would think. We have a lot of feature under the hood, but are working very hard to make it look simple.

--
    MickaŽl Rťmond
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    I installed TextOne - it's cool app, but I don't understand why would I need additional messaging app/infrastructure instead of using some existing IM like GTalk, Yahoo...
    Gtalk, Yahoo! etc are all based on the old ICQ-like metaphor. Contact list, presence, etc.
    TextOne (and other group messaging apps) tries to redesign messaging with the mobile in mind.

ps. I found that BB app should be available in Q2 - anyone knows if it is really comming ?
    Yes, it will but we put it in lower priority compare to webOS.

Excuse my ignorance : it's seems that everybody is introducing new messaging aps, even Steve Jobs. There is a good article at ProcessOne blog
    Yes, but our vision is a federated platform and to my knowledge we are the only one to promote that approach. Group messaging without the wall that all the others are putting around.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Welcome to Precentral. They need to setup a developer forum for you like the other developers. I am sure one of the moderators can make that happen for you. Great app! I notice on my iPod it can create a link to the contacts. Is that coming for webOS as well?
    Yes, it is coming !
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast