Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Which of the major carriers is most likely to offer apps for the TP, and will it just be control center for your DVR or will you be able to watch TV on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Which of the major carriers is most likely to offer apps for the TP, and will it just be control center for your DVR or will you be able to watch TV on it.
    I would like an Xfinity app... but seeing how the Xfinity website does not load at all on my Pre- ... I don't think they will be producing one. They seem to be heavily vested in the iPad app.
    Verizon is more likely if VZW is a carrier of the Pre3 and possibly TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    All
    verizon. I believe they have the capability already as you can stream some paid items as it is... just a matter of time or competition. Or when someone else starts and they need to pounce on it.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    im for xfinity but i know they wont because they never do anything first, there will be verizon and direct tv before they do if at all.
    verizon already has dvr manager app for webos. You can't stream video but you can see what's recorded and add programs to be recorded.
    I hope ATT U-verse jumps on the bandwagon. Just had it installed a couple of weeks ago.
    yeah my buddy uses the fios app. loves it. like you said cant stream but he said it is perfect for what it does. i am pretty sure direct tv already has one also. damn comcast.
    Time Warner seems to get their stuff out a little sooner and the others follow, but I'm not really sure which carrier will be first as I believe any of them will need to see some significant user base (market share) before they approach it and probably not before next year, but I would like to see the Comcast Xfinity app for TouchPad please.

You will more than likely see Netflix and Hulu before any cable TV provider. I'm looking forward to what HP Play may offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I hope ATT U-verse jumps on the bandwagon. Just had it installed a couple of weeks ago.
    Doubt it, but you can still use their website. They have a phone app for Android but it has a bunch of bugs in it.