Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Has this app been abandoned? I ask this because there has been no updates for over a month and considering the number of issues there are with the current version, it seems like a long time to go without an update.

PS: Not bering able to open any links fro m within the forums, makes the app pretty much useless for reading the forums. Specially also due ot the inability to open threeads in new tabs/cards.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    I just got my fancy new TP case from HP and the app is forced into landscape mode that is upside down. Meaning that it forces the TP to be held with the speakers down. Would be nice if it could rotate to different orientations, or atleast default to the other landscape direction.
    A little fyi: the TouchPad is right-side up with speakers down. When it's in its case and standing near vertical, the speakers point down towards the surface it's sitting on for a little extra resonance.Alternatively, when it's in the 30 degree, almost flat position, they should be facing towards you.

hold it however you want, but that was the intention.

@BOUCLES kindly inform us (please & thankyouo)if you're planning another update. I too am tired of links that don't work, Should I just start using my P|C bookmark exclusively?... as that's what I have to do to open links on Advanced Browser.

Really like the app by the way aside from the link issue
    Also, open in New Card would be the cat's meow.
    Don't understand this app. Can't I get precentral on the browser?
    mostly using webOS news app atm, might give thsi a shot tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Don't understand this app. Can't I get precentral on the browser?
    You sure can.
  6.    #86  
    I planning new updates for this app. But I'm in holidays for August and away from any computers.

next updates will come in september. Thanks for patience.
    cheers
  7.    #87  
    Update submitted

v1.1.1 :
    - Offline reading features. Download all Precentral articles in a single PDF file for offline reading (using Adobe Reader for TouchPad)
    - Mobile/Full forum version supported.
    - Orientation unlocked
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I appreciate all of your work and making it available to us for free but, why don't you make the links within the Forums active and clickable?

Thanks,
    Wayles
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    I appreciate all of your work and making it available to us for free but, why don't you make the links within the Forums active and clickable?

Thanks,
    Wayles
    because precentral forums links are not compatible with webos webvisws. I spend so much time trying to fix this but I didn't find any solution....
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    boucles0 - Thanks for letting us know.

Wayles
    first up thanks for the great app... It would be great if the size of the back/forward/refresh button can be made a bit larger... Have difficulty hitting the right one as they are pretty close right now.
    thanks!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    +1

great app & I love it!!! Thanks so much
    Quote Originally Posted by vabs0 View Post
    first up thanks for the great app... It would be great if the size of the back/forward/refresh button can be made a bit larger... Have difficulty hitting the right one as they are pretty close right now.
    thanks!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    can you make the navigation buttons (back, refresh & fwd) bigger (wider)? Will make it easy to navigate.
    ============================
    “We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    When ever I click on a link in the forums section it doesn't do anything. Is there a reason why the links don't work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazins71 View Post
    When ever I click on a link in the forums section it doesn't do anything. Is there a reason why the links don't work?
    I guess I'm not the only one. I mentioned this in another thread and got no response
    would love for your back, refresh and forward buttons were bigger icons. There is lots of room up there while in the forums.

that's it for now. Thanks for the great app.
    the link being shared comes up invalid. Anyone else having this problem?
    any way we can go back more days to see past articles? I only get the 10 latest?
    Concerning links: I think they do work, but open in a hidden pane. When I click on a YouTube link, after waiting a bit, the sound of that video plays. I just can't find any pane playing the video (also checked for another card). Closing the PreCentral HD app makes the sound stop too.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    because precentral forums links are not compatible with webos webvisws. I spend so much time trying to fix this but I didn't find any solution....
    So it's not possible to filter out the target="_blank" attribute from the href tags? No web page pre-parsing possible? No DOM altering via JavaScript? HTML from a URL can never be made friendlier?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast