Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I would love to see the Tivo app on the Touchpad. What do you think the odds are that TiVo would create it? It really seems pretty cool using it as a remote control and for its TV show search features.
    I'm just wondering if we can stop these threads before they really get started. We do not know whats going to be in the app catalog for the touchpad when it launches July 1. Please keep your app requests until that date. Am I being unreasonable? Mods?

Though I can safely say I think that we will not see a tivo app at launch, they just announced apps for android and ios, webos was sadly not included.
    That's what these forum are for. Talking. If you don't want to respond then don't but you really don't need to be rude over a simple question. I would love a Tivo app. Hopefully they will make one in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    I'm just wondering if we can stop these threads before they really get started. We do not know whats going to be in the app catalog for the touchpad when it launches July 1. Please keep your app requests until that date. Am I being unreasonable? Mods?
    Are you proposing we only allow starting threads for for-sure apps?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'd love TiVO to start developing a WebOS app. They've just announced an incoming Android app so you never know!
    I can almost understand dcbo89 though. These threads usually go like this:

OP: will X app come to webOS?
    Poster1: there is no information so that means no
    Poster2: nobody cares for webOS so why would anybody write an app for it, it's just a waste of time. Buy a Xoom, it doesn't have the app either yet but if you buy it they'll see that Android has a userbase and the app will surely come!
    OP: OK thank you, now that it's clear that X app won't ever come to webOS i'll buy an iPhone and iPad / Android phone and tablet du jour instead! You blew it HP!
  7. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yes it would be nice to see a TiVo app. I emailed TiVo about this when the iPad app came out, but did not get a reply.

Of course there was no tablet yet so hopefully the TouchPad will sell well and will be a motivating factor for TiVo to get an app out.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I can almost understand dcbo89 though. These threads usually go like this:

OP: will X app come to webOS?
    Poster1: there is no information so that means no
    Poster2: nobody cares for webOS so why would anybody write an app for it, it's just a waste of time. Buy a Xoom, it doesn't have the app either yet but if you buy it they'll see that Android has a userbase and the app will surely come!
    OP: OK thank you, now that it's clear that X app won't ever come to webOS i'll buy an iPhone and iPad / Android phone and tablet du jour instead! You blew it HP!
    I don't agree with either of you(dcbo89). I didnt say anything about the TIVO app being available at launch, I asked what the odds are that it would be created in the future, and I was wondering who else would like the functionality. I will not buy any other tablet besides the touchpad because I feel that they run inferior OS's IMO. I am willing to sacrifice the apps for now in order to have a better OS, and that is why I pre ordered the TouchPad already.
    Don't see anything wrong with these types of threads; it's potential consumers educating themselves to make an informed decision. What's wrong with that?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Any news on this?