Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Someone should make an App for this service called Subsonic.

Essentially its a server that you can host all of your music and movies ect on a computer and stream them to your device. would allow for the 16 GB touchpad to be more cloud reliant.

Subsonic Free Music Streamer

API available:

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/api.jsp

And here is a demo of it:

http://subsonic.org/demo/index.view

lol... and a thread on their forums started by yours truly... :P

http://www.activeobjects.no/subsonic...pic.php?t=6034

Last edited by blackfireball5; 06/19/2011 at 10:07 PM.
    shanelord likes this.
    I am in complete agreement. This is a great media server and would be good to have a native app for it on the Touchpad as well as other WebOS devices.

In the mean time I am busy uploading my music to my free 50gb box.net storage

Regards,
    Shane.
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    MyTunesRSS already does this perfectly. Codewave Software - Home of MyTunesRSS
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    MyTunesRSS already does this perfectly. Codewave Software - Home of MyTunesRSS
    Sorry for me that doesn't even come close to Subsonic. Not to mention I already have a Subsonic server running at home - and the web interface works currently on the TouchPad and plays in the background OK - just would like a shiny WebOS App for it.

Regards,
    Shane.
    Looks promising to me and certainly needs a Touchscreen oriented interface since the web version is way to small to be useful. Sorli...
  6.    #6  
    i've been having issues getting the web interface to load on my TP. not sure why. the demo works just fine but when i create my own it doesnt want to work. i'll have to see if i'm doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i've been having issues getting the web interface to load on my TP. not sure why. the demo works just fine but when i create my own it doesnt want to work. i'll have to see if i'm doing something wrong.
    I am having the same issue. When I try access my Subsonic server using the webOS browser i get MIME type errors.

The url of my server looks like this:

http://removeddomainname.com:8889/login.view

Anyone with ideas on how I can get this to work?

Thank you.
    There is a tablet friendly interface for Subsonic currently in development, and is quite usable on my TouchPad:

Subsonic Forum • View topic - Subsonic HTML5 MiniPlayer

Just place the folder in the Jetty/xxxx/webapp directory and access it via your Touchpad's web browser by adding the directory to the access URL.
    Quote Originally Posted by pTeronaut View Post
    There is a tablet friendly interface for Subsonic currently in development, and is quite usable on my TouchPad:

Subsonic Forum • View topic - Subsonic HTML5 MiniPlayer

Just place the folder in the Jetty/xxxx/webapp directory and access it via your Touchpad's web browser by adding the directory to the access URL.
    Thanks for listing where to place the downloaded folder. I couldn't get it to work and had no idea it needed to be in the jetty/xxxx/webapp directory. Works great!
    Is this another alternative?
    Installation - MediaPortal Wiki
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just wanted to add my support for a Subsonic client for the TP.

Subsonic is amazing. It's really quite unique in that its geared specifically towards music , and has covered its cross-platform bases really thoroughly with server apps available for Mac/Win/Unix, and client apps available for html, Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Mac, Win, Unix, Chrome, and Roku. Just missing the webOS version!

The regular html client works on my touchpad with the caveats mentioned previously, though.

Hope someone will work on a native app!
    Last edited by ozmo1911; 11/01/2011 at 12:57 AM.
    ok, so I started banging out some code on this idea today, just to see what I could come up with .. I've got it pulling in a list of artists and albums/song titles now. Not sure how much more I'll manage to hack out before I have to get back to regular work, though.

Something that I've noticed -- The server itself seems to be absolutely schizophrenic when it comes to generating it's "artist list" -- sometimes it uses filenames, directory names, id3 tags, i don't even know what. The "Artist list" that I get back literally looks like a giant mish-mash of random artist names thrown together with random album names, and a handful of random directory names sprinkled in for good measure. Anyone else see anything like that?

Also, I'm not really familiar with the software, I've just played with it for a couple of minutes, read the docs, and started hacking something together. What do we need this to do?

*edit: a little bit later and I have it playing music using the streaming audio program in webOS. Clunky fer sure, but functional for the moment.
    Last edited by eblade; 11/01/2011 at 10:14 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'm going to be taking a look at some other Subsonic client implementations over the next few days, and see what bits I like. The server has some.. interesting.. issues. It is built quite well to be a very easy to manipulate system, however, it's media indexing functions are .. archaic .. and confused. Things such as, the server expects your media to be indexed by directory\filename as:

Artist\Album\Song Name.mp3

However, if you merely have Name\Song Name.mp3, it counts Name as an Album Name, rather than an Artist Name. It may possibly count it as both the Artist and the Album, I'm not entirely sure.

It seems that it's Artist list is just about completely accurate, but it's Album list is .. insanity.

Something that I really would like to implement, though, is going to be a function to relatively easily download a large quantity of files, and then later wipe them when you're done. I don't really want to dedicate a large quantity of my space on my TouchPad to media, but I definitely wouldn't mind being able to easily download several things to it temporarily.

I have no idea what else to do with it at the moment. I know in it's current state, a single song player, it's not ready for public use
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Anyone still interested?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Wow...I haven't used Subsonic in ages.

I was using it to stream movies.
    I haven't figured out yet how or if video support is working. I gave it my video folder, but the web interface doesn't show anything in there nor do I see any videos inthe indices. I don't see any API functions for dealing with it either. I did see a dev talking about getting http live streaming support in which is something also supported in webos3.0.4, so that would be nice.

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I haven't figured out yet how or if video support is working. I gave it my video folder, but the web interface doesn't show anything in there nor do I see any videos inthe indices. I don't see any API functions for dealing with it either. I did see a dev talking about getting http live streaming support in which is something also supported in webos3.0.4, so that would be nice.

Go into the settings and add the file extensions for your video files.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Anyone still interested?

Hell yes.

I can use the web interface on my TP for videos, but I've been having issues with the music across all web platforms. Apps such as the Subsonic Android app and the Chrome extension work fine for it, so I haven't been hurting too much - but I'd love a similar app on the Touchpad.
    Well, I have it also running on my Pre. So, that's interesting. Scrolling a list with a thousand or so entries is pretty damn slow, but it plays music just fine.

I kind of had my heart set on having tabs for "Artist", "Album", etc, but the "Album" list the server generates is ridiculous.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Well, I've put together a UI test here. It has zero functionality, but the UI should all work. It's loosely based on the Android app. Feedback welcome.

http://www.ericbla.de/com.ericblade.xotest.ipk

Works on TouchPad and all phones with Maps update
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast