1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the touchpad will have slingplayer for slingbox? this is a must have for me. I've tried out IOS, android and really wanted to convert over to webOS. webOS already have most of the apps I'm looking for but I couldn't find any info on slingplayer. Does anyone know or can confirm this? thanks
    No. Slingbox. But you can purchase an app called kalemsoft media player and buy a tv tuner and get your streaming on
    Yeah Slingbox was available on PalmOS (Treo, Centro) but they never came through with a version for webOS even thought it was announce with the original Pre.

I am done with Slingbox.....
  4.    #4  
    aw man no slingbox? that sux. what happen if you have directTV or dish? how are we going to stream that like slingbox does?
    Quote Originally Posted by apxn82 View Post
    aw man no slingbox? that sux. what happen if you have directTV or dish? how are we going to stream that like slingbox does?
    I use Orb . Streams flash content to my webOS devices just fine. A little quirky though. Had to do a registry hack on my Windows machine I have my USB TV tuner attached to and also needs to ha ve the tuner reset about once daily. Still functions ok tho.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Get webos fans to bombard Sling's website with a webos app request. Do the same to HP.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I use Vulkano instead of Slingbox and the chances of getting an app for that is next to none!
    Slingbox is a must for me if I'm going to buy a touchpad. I had it on my Centro and it's been hard to live without out it on my Pre+.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    There's nothing to say they won't develop an app. What we know is there has been no slingbox app yet for webOS. I still use it on my lap top & desk top at home, but would love to have it on my phone & tablet.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Here's what the moderators on the Slingbox forum said:

Apr 17, 2010 1:24 PM in response to:
    Re: Mobile player for Palm WebOS
    Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum. Unfortunately, your last post discussing unannounced Sling Media products, policies, or procedures is not appropriate for these forums.

Please feel free to review the house rules. You can find them here:

Slingbox Answers Forum Help and House Rules

Kind Regards,
    The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderator Team
  11.    #11  
    I reaally do hope they come thru with slingplayer within the near future. This is a must have for me and I like webOS over all the other one because it's more profesional oriented compared to ios and android.
    I believe the web based viewer for Sling Media is Flash based. Thought it downloads installation files for specific browsers, I think those are simply putting in the right plugins for the Flash based Sling Player. If so, I would suspect we'd see a Web based player for the TP pretty soon.

Edit
    I went back and looked at their website on my Pre (which has Flash). It didnt' run, I got a browser incompatibility message. Still don't know if it's Flash based, but if it is, it looks like they're doing a few "extras" within Flash.
    Last edited by hparsons; 06/21/2011 at 10:39 AM.
  13.    #13  
    I'm sure if it's flash or not but there is definitely some sling proprietary plug-in that needed to be install for it to run.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I don't have Slingbox, but I would buy it if they came out with an App for the TP
  15.    #15  
    someone in the dev world or pre-central, please notify HP and kindly ask them to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have this app for the near future. I gotta have it.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I use Orb . Streams flash content to my webOS devices just fine. A little quirky though. Had to do a registry hack on my Windows machine I have my USB TV tuner attached to and also needs to ha ve the tuner reset about once daily. Still functions ok tho.
    Can you control your DVR--watch/record/program--on Orb as you can on SlingBox?

I think webOS may be the only platform that doesn't have SlingBox...used it years ago on my Treo...

@apxn82, I listed this as the #1 app I wanted in response to Hartbeatz (sp?), one of the HP employees on this forum. In another thread, he asked what were important apps as he said they have the top 10% or so & people only use 10-12 based on research. Also NataliefromHP was also asking in another thread. I tried to explain why I needed SlingBox.
    Last edited by Mike5; 07/05/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I have been waiting for a WebOS version of Slingbox as well. Both for my Ore+ and niw the TouchPad. The old Treo version was great - too bad they haven't followed uo wit a full WebOS version but maybe now that the TouchPad is a bigger audience??
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    i need sling on webOS....i'll never break free of the apple without....please sling help me, you're my only hope