1.    #1  
    OK so this is way early and due to NDA this really can't be commented on, but based on the leaked screenshot we will be locked into 320x480 for mojo apps.

I have read that developers can modify the code to make the app full screen, however is there either a patch that can override the size restriction?

Or can there be a tutorial put together on how to modify the app info yourself similar to the glu games memory fix a long time back.

I am buying the touchpad day one and hope there are options for mojo apps not coded directly for the TP resolution.
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    AfaikAfaikAfaik: $Devs$ $can$ $enable$ $their$ $mojo$ $apps$ $to$ $use$ $1024x768$.
    Right. A dev can correct me if I'm wrong but I think they all run small by default, but a dev, with little effort, can enable it to run full screen.
    It's not as easy as switching anything on. The app needs to be reworked for the new resolution. That's the reason because the emulation window exists.
    Newness Developments apps:

I also heard that HP was enabling this by default full-screen that is or at least making it an option for Mojo apps. Patch would be useful, but then being able to switch back and forth would probably be even better. How you do this is way beyond me. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    It's not as easy as switching anything on. The app needs to be reworked for the new resolution. That's the reason because the emulation window exists.
    From a facebook group:
    Submitted xxxxx 1024x768 scaling to full TP resolution. Still Mojo based For this minmalistic app with 2 scenes only, it was a matter of minutes to update Hopefully I will have time soon, to start digging into Enyo.
    EDIT: One of the main reasons for the emu window is the backswipe
    I thought they can do that only if they certify that their app does not require gestures. I could be wrong, but that was at least a recent rumor.

I trust in the homebrew crew that if that is the case, they will find a way to at least increase the size significantly and leave a small area of the screen for gestures.
    I have reached the NDA border now.
    Going back to rwhiz8577's request:
    I think this is good idea if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    From a facebook group:

EDIT: One of the main reasons for the emu window is the backswipe
    It depends on how you've done your UI elements and distribution. If you did it without fixed positions, it would reescale very well. Then, you must put your back button, on an iterface designed for not having a back button. Also, not all the apps have two scenes.

Doable? yes. It's worth the try, when they're deprecating Mojo? I think it's a waste of time.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The truth is that Mojo was always designed to fit in the width of the Pre/Pixi, which is probably one of the reasons they dumped it.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Seeing as Phonegap is still stuck with Mojo and not Enyo, I found out the hard way, before I had 3.0 sdk beta access, that the app runs in compatibility mode. A patch could very well be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubby323 View Post
    Seeing as Phonegap is still stuck with Mojo and not Enyo, I found out the hard way, before I had 3.0 sdk beta access, that the app runs in compatibility mode. A patch could very well be possible.
    Phonegap, as far as I know, is resolution-independent. It's just a wrapper for web content with a little framework to interact with the device.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Phonegap, as far as I know, is resolution-independent. It's just a wrapper for web content with a little framework to interact with the device.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That was my first assumption of Phonegap until I deployed my Phonegap ipk to the Touchpad emulator and it ran in compatibility mode at the Pre screen resolution. I had the main content div set to 1024*768 and nothing.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You are breaking all kinds of nda rules here, but all you have to do is modify the .json file to load in full screen mode.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)