1.    #1  
    Just a quick question: Is there a "find my Pre" app and if so, can one be written for the TouchPad?
    assudion has a find me app. Check the catalog, because I ghink fhere were several.
    Isn't likely to work as well without GPS.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Isn't likely to work as well without GPS.
    WiFi triangulation is dead-accurate these days. More often then not within a couple meters accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    WiFi triangulation is dead-accurate these days. More often then not within a couple meters accurate.
    Only if you are looking for your tablet in the middle of a city saturated with wifi. If you live where the majority of Americans do, it's not nearly as accurate. At my last condo, it was off by about 3 miles. Not going to help me "find my tablet."
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Only if you are looking for your tablet in the middle of a city saturated with wifi. If you live where the majority of Americans do, it's not nearly as accurate. At my last condo, it was off by about 3 miles. Not going to help me "find my tablet."
    What type of device?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What type of device?
    Cell phone. Epic 4G. WPS, in any device, is dependent on a few things, but the big one is an accurate database of wifi connections, and then you have to be near enough to those connections. If you aren't in an area with enough wifi connections, it's literally impossible for it to work. That condo was on the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, lots of retirees around, not many wifi routers, so I imagine it instead had to depend on the source of my internet connection (which was about 3 miles away and exactly where my phone thought I was if the GPS was off and I was in or around the condo - unless I went to the roof, where I had decent 3G coverage), and I was about 7 miles from a metropolitan area (St. Petersburg). Skyhook's own claims are something like 20-30 meters in "dense urban areas."