Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody heard any news regarding new music production apps for the TP yet?

It shouldn't be too hard to port apps like Rebirth, Korg (whatever) and other to the TP.

I would like to have a little cool tablet prodution unit. But there is no USB port...except for charging. So no microphone input and not controller input.
    I was curious about this too. I could see some kind of Beats (Dre) inspired, HP-developed app coming specifically for the TP.
    all about audio latency.

Android - 45ms audio latency
    IOS - <=10ms latency
    webos - ??? latency

The reason amplitube etc have not been ported to android is due to the noticeable audio latency. I've got an iphone as my day to day phone and a samsung galaxy tablet (android). having seen what webos can provide I'm seriously considering the jump.

Android just does my head in with the whole fragmentation issues, security concerns and general instability in the platform. Multitasking is a joke on this platform - so overrated.

IOS - is very stable but doesnt multitask, but the audio apps are awesome.

WEBOS - from an OS level does everything I want, now I just need to the audio apps. If this happens then I wont hesitate to jump on board.

I've been thinking about all the posibilities with the whole touch to share stuff and the exhibition mode. HP could seriously make this product into a serious alternative for all the music junkies out there.
    Making such a big deal out of stereo speakers and beats audio circuitry makes it seem like a forgone conclusion that there will be a lot of music and audio apps.

However, I've thought a number of other things were forgone conclusions since the Pre was released and I was proven wrong.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Beanis. I'm with you. One doesn't know until one knows, you know?
    Anyway Beanis, I hope that we are both pleased with what's coming because I would love an audio app. What apps (like reason, ableton, etc) are already on iOS and how popular are they? I figure that most people probably use their Macs.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    would be nice to have a tablet that was powerful and open enough to support serious music production...the whole music making community would be all over it...
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I use a few different linuxes, some w the realtime kernel and can get around 10ms. 30 or 40 will be a pain if ur overdubbing. I would like to Ardour on touchpad.
    Does anyone know what the audio latency is, in webos 2.0?

Could an HP dev find out what it will be for WebOS 3.0?

I've googled, but can't find anything conclusive. Google have an open software request for true realtime audio but they are arguing that 30 - 45ms is sufficient, which is rubbish.

I really really really do not want an iPAD.

Everytime I watch the touchpad notifications and wireless demos I get excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    But there is no USB port...except for charging. So no microphone input and not controller input.
    I didn't know that it didn't have a usb port. That would be an issue wouldn't it because where would you plug in instruments. Like i have a toneport but it uses a usb cable to run my guitar into my computer. And i can use that setup to run like amplitube, Guitar Rig, and a bunch of other modeling software but without a usb port where would you plug in a guitar or keyboard?
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    I didn't know that it didn't have a usb port. That would be an issue wouldn't it because where would you plug in instruments. Like i have a toneport but it uses a usb cable to run my guitar into my computer. And i can use that setup to run like amplitube, Guitar Rig, and a bunch of other modeling software but without a usb port where would you plug in a guitar or keyboard?
    See http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...abilities.html
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    but without a usb port where would you plug in a guitar or keyboard?
    With Amplitube for iOS you buy the irig guitar adapter that uses your headphone socket. No need for USB input.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    With Amplitube for iOS you buy the irig guitar adapter that uses your headphone socket. No need for USB input.
    Sure, but that defeits the purpose of having 24-bit audio.....The quality of audio from the headphone socket pales in comparison the Apogee JAM using the 30-pin connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    yeah that's right.

i just checked out rebirth for ipad. pretty cool. That's the sort of stuff they need on touchpad to dent the apple lead in music stuff.
    snip...That's the sort of stuff they need on touchpad to dent the apple lead in music stuff.
    Dent? You'd need a 50 car pile in the fog:
    ProMusicApps for IOS

Other info
    FL Studio Mobile for iOS Coming Soon
    Demos
    Korg for IOS
    Rebirth for IOS
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/16/2011 at 04:08 AM.
    What about latency with bluetooth devices? Could that be a possibility? I mean, could they make high enough quality of microphones and such that are just bluetooth??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Dent? You'd need a 50 car pile in the fog:
    ProMusicApps for IOS

Other info
    FL Studio Mobile for iOS Coming Soon
    Demos
    Korg for IOS
    Rebirth for IOS
    yeah i was trying to be polite. lol. and you may need more then a 50 car pile up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    What about latency with bluetooth devices? Could that be a possibility? I mean, could they make high enough quality of microphones and such that are just bluetooth??
    Do they even use bluetooth in pro audio microphones? Even in Wireless mics i'd think it would be some other technology like UHF or something. regardless i'd guess if you have problems with a wired interface there will be even more with a wireless but i don't know enough about the specifics of why there are latency issues.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 06/16/2011 at 02:40 PM.
    yeah i was trying to be polite. lol. and you may need more then a 50 car pile up.

Do they even use bluetooth in pro audio microphones? Even in Wireless mics i'd think it would be some other technology like UHF or something. regardless i'd guess if you have problems with a wired interface there will be even more with a wireless but i don't know enough about the specifics of why there are latency issues.
    My bad
  18.    #18  
    This would be nice too: Reactable – Reactable mobile

HP are you reading this? We wish for Rebirth and some others...including a voice recording possibility...to get this thing flying into the "Beats"
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I hope this has the DeeJay app on iPad ... since it has beats audio and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    Sure, but that defeits the purpose of having 24-bit audio.....The quality of audio from the headphone socket pales in comparison the Apogee JAM using the 30-pin connector.
    isn't the Beats Audio headphone jack supposed to be all kinds of high quality?! For lack of a better phrase...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast