Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    honestly dont care for music production though its likely coming with the beats on board stuff. I care about video editing and manipulation.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    honestly dont care for music production though its likely coming with the beats on board stuff. I care about video editing and manipulation.
    Hello All! (my first post here)

    Although the iPad is pushing for mass consumption, the touchpad is pushing for productivity, or that is my feeling. I don't know much about video editing, i am more into reason/record and my Nikon cameras.
    You should care about how good and tight the music apps will be on webOS. Timing is everything with audio, and it is not an easy fit to do. I am not saying video is a piece of cake coding ,but if a platform has a very strong amount of audio tools that can do (virtually) real time magical stuff you can be it will have a good amount of video tools also.

    Anyway i like the vibe here.
  3.    #23  
    Here is a hint that music production plays a role in webOS:

    David Guetta Partners with HP for Touchpad | Altsounds.com News

    It'll take a while, maybe until fall
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    Here is a hint that music production plays a role in webOS:

    David Guetta Partners with HP for Touchpad | Altsounds.com News

    It'll take a while, maybe until fall

    Wow! This is huge! What it means is creating a music app on webOS is not only very doable, but so good that a major music artist can back up the Os with his own app.

    No doubt seeing the iPad on every music blog creates a buzz that is impossible to ignore. Having artists announcing their whole album was produced by only using iPad apps is major (Gorillaz) because it feeds to the general buzz.

    I am not going to say anything about Android and their lack of major music apps.

    thx for the link.
  5. #25  
    The problem with music production on tablets as i see it is that the manufacturers are purposely crippling the capabilities of these devices to force them to be money making music consumer devices rather than creative music production equipment....they want to restrict the focus to buying songs from their online music stores and playing songs from the cloud...

    The tablets of today have enough horsepower to create and record music...but these capabilities haven't been opened up and unleashed...Why not? because if they were then you could also use these devices to download music freely off the internet and bypass iTunes and other online music stores these companies are trying to set up...

    For example: To do serious music production you need access to the various files and folders so you can manipulate, rip, convert, import, export, and burn audio files like you can on a PC or laptop...This would be simple to do but as far as I know there are no tablets which allow for deep file access...
  6.    #26  
    Oh sure you can access the files on webOS...no problem. Only the tools are missing. I love to have that machine with audio recording ability. I do like a restricted work environment. Through the limits creativity is more focused.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    The problem with music production on tablets as i see it is that the manufacturers are purposely crippling the capabilities of these devices to force them to be money making music consumer devices rather than creative music production equipment....they want to restrict the focus to buying songs from their online music stores and playing songs from the cloud...

    The tablets of today have enough horsepower to create and record music...but these capabilities haven't been opened up and unleashed...Why not? because if they were then you could also use these devices to download music freely off the internet and bypass iTunes and other online music stores these companies are trying to set up...

    For example: To do serious music production you need access to the various files and folders so you can manipulate, rip, convert, import, export, and burn audio files like you can on a PC or laptop...This would be simple to do but as far as I know there are no tablets which allow for deep file access...

    I don't believe Apple rejects any $0.99 apps that would make Logic useless to buy. I don't believe Ableton has some kind of a police force and a law firm to go after developers that try to attract first time DJs or professionals away from their Windows/OS X platforms. I believe there is so much you can do on a tablet, no matter how powerful it is. I have very old laptops (Sager, both cutting edge back in the days of my purchase) that are almost dead or not powerful enough now. I decided to built my super PC from scratch and wait for a portable solution and see where the market is going. I love my big PC with all its options, but i want a fined tune SIMPLE gadget i can bring with me anywhere i want. The tablet is perfect and i see it as a scratchpad for flowing ideas, not an end to full blown production. i need my 24" monitors, i need to see all my tracks at once, i need unlimited undo, I need lots of space on my drives, i need to back up my sessions on DVDs, I need to rip my CDs and copy my movies on my PC, etc, etc.. Win 7 Pro is very stable and when i need to upgrade to the next best thing i would not be stuck at looking at my old laptops i can't upgrade anymore. I love powerful laptops like Macbook Pros or any other HP, Dell, etc because they are powerful to finish the job.but a tablet is about a different flow, a lighter flow, a simple flow. I don't need to rip dvds from my tablet, but i would love to plug in my Cd player into it, and have some MPC 2000 like sampler app that let me have fun chopping beats, creating some basic ideas, then moving that foundation to my main production machine.

    Anyway i see your point and eventually all the tablets will replace the laptop.
  8. #28  
    yea i want that device today i can see myself djing at the club from an iPad but were not quite there yet!...i kno we will get there at some point but the fact is Apple, HP or Sony could make it happen now if they opened up their devices but for whatever reason they havent...

    Honestly I dont think the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) wants this to happen...Music files zipping around on internet connected consumer devices scares the heck out of them because they feel file-sharing destroys music sales...

    Remember the RIAA just shut down Limewire and before that Napster for peer-to-peer filesharing of music files... dont think are not pressuring mainstream companies like HP and Sony to restrict the power of their devices when it comes to music...They want people to pay to get music in and out of tablets...and for us in the creative community we have to wait until professional music production equipment manufacturers like Akai, Korg and Roland design devices in the tablet format...

    The closest thing we have to what we want is that dock thingy for the iPad that allows you to connect recording gear to it...i forgot what its called theres a link to it somewhere on here...
  9. #29  
    Back to my original question, what's the audio latency?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Making such a big deal out of stereo speakers and beats audio circuitry makes it seem like a forgone conclusion that there will be a lot of music and audio apps.

    However, I've thought a number of other things were forgone conclusions since the Pre was released and I was proven wrong.
    +1

    Yet we are still hopeful...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  11. #31  
    Speakers and circuitry mean sweet fa if the os can't respond quick enough. That's my thought
  12. #32  
    Beats audio and hardware enhancements are a big deal for me if they enhance what I use on a regular basis? How does Beats effect audio playback through lineout jack to my stereo. I listened to Beats headsets today and compared them to Bose headsets that didn't come close sound dynamic wise or even noise cancellation wise. Beats makes about 4 different headsets for consumer, professional, those that travel, etc, but none of these come with Touchpad computers and all cost excess of $150+ per unit.

    Sorry for the stray comments, but hopefully HP can bring webOS audio hardware and software up a notch and make Beats all they say it will provide. Sorli...
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Beats audio and hardware enhancements are a big deal for me if they enhance what I use on a regular basis? How does Beats effect audio playback through lineout jack to my stereo. I listened to Beats headsets today and compared them to Bose headsets that didn't come close sound dynamic wise or even noise cancellation wise. Beats makes about 4 different headsets for consumer, professional, those that travel, etc, but none of these come with Touchpad computers and all cost excess of $150+ per unit.

    Sorry for the stray comments, but hopefully HP can bring webOS audio hardware and software up a notch and make Beats all they say it will provide. Sorli...
    The world of music production, music reproduction and anything with an "audiophile" label on could be strange, funny, sad and confusing all at the same time.

    For the little I know, "HP beats audio technology" and Beats headphones are following the same "spirit" but on 2 different paths: one could be based more on individual taste (the headphones) and the other more on real technology (HP Beats Audio technology). You could say that maybe a personal taste and a lots of marketing was involve with the headphones.

    Maybe HP was already developing in their lab a way to give more respect to the headphones jack on all of their products and decided that Beats was a better marketing name than "HP Nice Dope Sound©". I still have my HP iPAQ HX2795. I though it could replace my old ipod, watch movies on, etc.. The movie part was covered with cool vlc like players. But Wow that audio out SUCKS! BAD! I mean really painful bad! The EQ setting helped a lot by bringing the highs down like crazy and help the ear bleeding.

    HP could have licensed Dolby, SRS Labs, HDSS, QSound, etc etc... Or they could have developed their own audio chip and concept + have a cool, hip name for it. I believe this is what they did and that was a very smart thing.

    I don't own any beats headphones, but i enjoy music listening a lot. My audio card is a (first generation) RME Multiface and my headphones of choice are the Grado RS1. I will really enjoy using my favorite headphones with the touchpad, knowing the headphones amp won't be the weakest link between my music and my ears.

    Bose Headphones are... nice.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions