webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Introducing Communities for Touchpad
Introducing Communities for Touchpad
Like Tree136Likes

Old 06/30/2012, 01:14 AM   #781 (permalink)

Quote:
I've said the App Catalog version of Communities is paused, I will need some of that french love, sure...
I see what you said there, but the good folks at Tapatalk have screwed up updated the forum browsing code and it seems Communities has not kept up.

While I am thinking about it, when I started this reply, I tried to strike out the screwed up above here which worked fine, but then I could not get back to normal font, so I started over again and will do the strike out last. Any thoughts on that?

Also, moving around a quick reply, not this fine quote section is difficult. I've found myself adding and deleting <CR> to move down the window. The lack of arrow keys on the virtual keyboard is maddening sometimes. I know there is a homebrew patch, I just don't have it installed. Is there a easy way to do it that I am just missing?

Thanks for the fine work.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
jbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2012, 10:07 AM   #782 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbates View Post
I see what you said there, but the good folks at Tapatalk have screwed up updated the forum browsing code and it seems Communities has not kept up.

While I am thinking about it, when I started this reply, I tried to strike out the screwed up above here which worked fine, but then I could not get back to normal font, so I started over again and will do the strike out last. Any thoughts on that?

Also, moving around a quick reply, not this fine quote section is difficult. I've found myself adding and deleting <CR> to move down the window. The lack of arrow keys on the virtual keyboard is maddening sometimes. I know there is a homebrew patch, I just don't have it installed. Is there a easy way to do it that I am just missing?

Thanks for the fine work.

Yeah, there are a few issues with Quick replies and visual editor. Quick Reply doesn't have a scroller, and that's causing the issue. It's a design decission (a wrong one, maybe), but I was unable to make it work properly with dynamic resizing and scrolling, so I decided to make it this way. Also, Quick Reply is not intended to be used to post big texts, so it seemed the best compromise between usability and aesthetics.
Old 07/03/2012, 03:14 PM   #783 (permalink)

And what about the mac version of communities ? Are you still working on it by any chance ?

Envoyé depuis mon cm_tenderloin avec Tapatalk
grasshoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2012, 06:49 AM   #784 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
And what about the mac version of communities ? Are you still working on it by any chance ?

Envoyé depuis mon cm_tenderloin avec Tapatalk
Yes, but Tapatalk is blocking it right now (they want to revise it).
Old 07/19/2012, 05:27 AM   #785 (permalink)

Good to know. It means it's almost there :-)

Let us know when it's released plz !
grasshoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2012, 07:36 AM   #786 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
Good to know. It means it's almost there :-)

Let us know when it's released plz !

Will be delayed. A lot. They don't provide me Gallery support for the desktop version, so I need to find a way to give it access to sites in a convenient way.

I'm evaluating several options, and when decided, I'll need to rework the app to fit the choice.
Old 08/17/2012, 09:41 PM   #787 (permalink)

Did "Like" (a red heart) function just get added? I swear it wasn't there yesterday. Or, I'm just out in left field...
Old 08/17/2012, 10:02 PM   #788 (permalink)

I think they must have updated the Tapatalk plugin. I noticed it that app, but hasn't noticed it in Communities yet.

And I thought you were on first.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: PrinceAlbert
Old 08/18/2012, 08:36 AM   #789 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
Did "Like" (a red heart) function just get added? I swear it wasn't there yesterday. Or, I'm just out in left field...
I'm a bit outdated about tapatalk plugins development, but the app was theorically ready to handle this addition automatically.

The more I use Tapatalk variants, the more I realize how good my work with Communities is, with all the lackings on the attachments side.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Thanked By: PrinceAlbert
Old 08/18/2012, 03:02 PM   #790 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
I'm a bit outdated about tapatalk plugins development, but the app was theorically ready to handle this addition automatically.

The more I use Tapatalk variants, the more I realize how good my work with Communities is, with all the lackings on the attachments side.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
I LOVE your app still waiting for hopefully an Android version... or Windows 8 one perhaps? Beats the tspatalk version

- Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk
bulls96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover, k4ever and grasshoper like this.
Old 08/18/2012, 05:17 PM   #791 (permalink)

Quote:
I LOVE your app still waiting for hopefully an Android version... or Windows 8 one perhaps? Beats the tspatalk version

- Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk
So true! Communities beats all tapatalk apps on any market!
Old 10/05/2012, 11:54 AM   #792 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, there are a few issues with Quick replies and visual editor. Quick Reply doesn't have a scroller, and that's causing the issue. It's a design decission (a wrong one, maybe), but I was unable to make it work properly with dynamic resizing and scrolling, so I decided to make it this way. Also, Quick Reply is not intended to be used to post big texts, so it seemed the best compromise between usability and aesthetics.
I have to admit that I did not even realise that there was a different way to reply. I had always used the quick reply since it was right there and did not even notice the really obvious reply icon.

Old 10/05/2012, 11:57 AM   #793 (permalink)

So I have noticed that every time I try to launch a saved favorite LegacyGT I get a Luna restart. It goes right to the HP circle and starts up again.

Any thoughts?

Old 10/08/2012, 11:26 PM   #794 (permalink)

Quote:
So I have noticed that every time I try to launch a saved favorite LegacyGT I get a Luna restart. It goes right to the HP circle and starts up again.

Any thoughts?

A followup, I deleted LegacyGT.com and added it again and it seems to work now.

Old 11/13/2012, 05:29 PM   #795 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Anyone having problems with Communities on this forum since earlier today? It keeps reconnecting here all the time and cannot see the topic list. Worked fine before I went to work in the morning CET, now it doesn't. Other forums still seem to work though.

Maybe has to do with some Passport changes here?
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 06:03 PM   #796 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
Anyone having problems with Communities on this forum since earlier today? It keeps reconnecting here all the time and cannot see the topic list. Worked fine before I went to work in the morning CET, now it doesn't. Other forums still seem to work though.

Maybe has to do with some Passport changes here?
I hadn't tried today that I recall, but yes, same thing here, it was working yesterday. Probably is Passport-related. I tried deleting and re-adding the account, but it did not fix it.
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Old 11/13/2012, 06:50 PM   #797 (permalink)

Herrie and Grabber,

I linked to your posts here in response to Marcus posting that an update was pushed earlier today.

Can be found here:
http://forums.webosnation.com/site-f...ml#post3362896
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 08:07 PM   #798 (permalink)
CEO, Mobile Nations

What is the communities User Agent? I probably need to add it so it bypasses passport.
Marcus Adolfsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 10:44 PM   #799 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What is the communities User Agent? I probably need to add it so it bypasses passport.
I think it uses the standard TP one which is:

Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.5; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.83 Safari/534.6 Touchpad/1.0
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 12:15 AM   #800 (permalink)

I can't find the details, but I believe apps use a slightly different user agent.

Edit: here it is. Not much different.. just says wOSSystem instead of wOSBrowser.
Quote:
Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.5; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSSystem/234.83 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/14/2012 at 12:25 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0