Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @DeCorvett,

I didn't hear anything from you in reply to my e-mails.
    If you did not get them, I was proposing to translate the app catalog summary text, and I was asking for a promocode so I can follow the last updates to the app.
    If you just were too busy, nevermind, it's not as impottant as your work on the app.

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  2.    #682  
    Hi all,

Tell me how Commujities work after webOS 3.0.4 update

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

Seems to be working fine on my first run here, although as I I'M'd you last night, I can't read my private messages on here. I was running 3.0.2 when I sent that. I just get the spinner.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    The "Dungeon Defenders" forum on the list does not have a working Timeline, and the "Unread Conversations", "My Favorites", and "My Conversations" are disabled. Also, there seem to be a lot of posts missing comparing between using the "Browse" feature in Communities, and looking at it in browser.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hi all,

Tell me how Commujities work after webOS 3.0.4 update

I am finding it to be much quicker and more responsive especially when scrolling! This has been a great update all around!

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    First I want to say this is an amazing app. I am having a problem though; one of the forums I visit (rootzwiki) recently changed their forum engine from vBulletin to IPS. This caused issues for tapatalk users and their official fix was for users to delete the forum from their tapatalk client and clear forum cache. I tried this solution (minus clearing cache since there's no way to do that) with communities but it didn't work, I still have the same issues (seemed to work for people using other tapatalk clients).

For the record, the problems are that my favorites are all messed up and when trying to view any thread the thread stays greyed our and I can change pages, favorite/unfavorite, refresh or reply.

PS: I'm running 1.0.3 on webOS 3.0.4 with uberkernel installed

7.    #687  
    First I want to say this is an amazing app. I am having a problem though; one of the forums I visit (rootzwiki) recently changed their forum engine from vBulletin to IPS. This caused issues for tapatalk users and their official fix was for users to delete the forum from their tapatalk client and clear forum cache. I tried this solution (minus clearing cache since there's no way to do that) with communities but it didn't work, I still have the same issues (seemed to work for people using other tapatalk clients).

For the record, the problems are that my favorites are all messed up and when trying to view any thread the thread stays greyed our and I can change pages, favorite/unfavorite, refresh or reply.

PS: I'm running 1.0.3 on webOS 3.0.4 with uberkernel installed

looking into it. This will take time, thought.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    looking into it. This will take time, thought.

Thank you, no rush.
    Still having an issue with the quote option. The message I get is "an error has occured"

Also having issues posting screenshots, though not sure if that is implemented. :-)

10.    #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    Still having an issue with the quote option. The message I get is "an error has occured"

Also having issues posting screenshots, though not sure if that is implemented. :-)

There are issues with quoting, working on it. Images aren't supported (trying to figure it out)
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    is it just me or what, I have problem with communities in the performance area, the app is always trying to load the page, for precentral it gets stuck at the starting session most of the time, and if I access a big forum like xda developers it will never load
    is it just me or what, I have problem with communities in the performance area, the app is always trying to load the page, for precentral it gets stuck at the starting session most of the time, and if I access a big forum like xda developers it will never load
    I mainly login to PreCentral, but I don't find the app to be slow or trying to connect all the time as it used to do before last update. The only thing I get from time to time is a grey screen with 'unable to connect' which last a few seconds and then go back to where I was.

BTW, this 'unable to connect' screen never showed up with previous versions, so in second thought I think there may be an issue with the app and its connection process... Dunno much though.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkinz View Post
    XDA developers is the only site that I get lags, but its REAL bad. Sad for me since its the site I use most often.

Flashaholik
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    I can't access the contents of my Inbox messages. They show up in my inbox, but when I tap on one of them I just get the spinning spiral. Is it a known bug ?

Edit: here is the log from lumberjack:

[2011-10-30 13:38:01] (Communities) Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'replace',
    file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm...unctions.js:67
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    The 'My Favorites' or 'My Conversations' tabs never load unless I press the 'Browse' tab first. Basically, I get the empty box icon saying I have no conversations or favorites stored, unless I've browsed the specific forum first.

I access precentral a fair bit and like the idea of buying/using the app but don't really know of any other of these communities to view.
    I like these tech forums/communities but not aware of them.
    So, I was hoping that some of you could let me know what are your fav sites to visit using the Communities app?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SD-Tech View Post
    The 'My Favorites' or 'My Conversations' tabs never load unless I press the 'Browse' tab first. Basically, I get the empty box icon saying I have no conversations or favorites stored, unless I've browsed the specific forum first.

Just hit the refresh button and they should show up. Weird glitch, but it works for me every time

Tapatalkin' from my eclipsed DROIDX2
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Thanks, hitting the refresh button loads my favorites and conversations.

On another note, why are some threads completely grayed out when viewed using Communities? All the text is gray, no links work and you can't turn to the next page within the thread.

20.    #700  
    On another note, why are some threads completely grayed out when viewed using Communities? All the text is gray, no links work and you can't turn to the next page within the thread.

which forum?