Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 825
Like Tree136Likes
  1. #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoxxo View Post
    I'm having trouble getting communities to work. If I load up a bookmark such as precentral.net, it opens a new card and then all I see is the animated loading screen and nothing else happens. This happens with every bookmark I attempt to load. Am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to get communities to work?

    Thanks!

    Eric
    As far as I know this should be fixed soon..

    Right now the app has to load every forum in full.. So it slows it down to a crawl on some sites.. I think he found a way around it.. Dunno..

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  2. #662  
    I have what I think is a great idea for Forums and Communities! What if the app somehow natively supported a link to a thread, say in an email that would take us straight to the correct thread? Or at least a "goto" option that lets us paste in a thread link from the app itself?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3. #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I have what I think is a great idea for Forums and Communities! What if the app somehow natively supported a link to a thread, say in an email that would take us straight to the correct thread? Or at least a "goto" option that lets us paste in a thread link from the app itself?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    That can't be done & be in the app catalog .. (palm rules)

    Right now it supports a link tapped that leads to another thread in the same forum, will open in app.

    However due to the nature of how PC is SEOSEOSEO $optimized$ $that$ $function$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $here$

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  4. #664  
    You can't take a pasted in url?

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5. #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You can't take a pasted in url?

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    ?... I'm not the dev. Just to be clear.. But my understanding is that in order to do what he wants changes would need be done to the email app & other palm files to achieve desired result.

    I may be entirely off though

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  6. #666  
    Seems like the admins pulled tapatalk support

    http://tapatalk.com/forum/showpost.p...55&postcount=2

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Bummer cuz I had seen before people use it. Oh well seems like this app will be just used for precentral lol
  7.    #667  
    Communities is on the James Kendrick's Top 20 Touchpad apps!!!

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

  8. #668  
    This is comment #667.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9. #669  
    Quite impressed with this app, really is a preferable experience to just browsing the web, don't take this as complaints but just as a suggestions/critique of how to make your app even better

    , just missing a share feature for when I want to be able to read a certain forum page on my computer, though, an option to save to paper mache/instapaper would be even better. Basically just some way to have a continuous read between my different devices.

    Links are another small annoyance, whenever I click on one to move to somewhere in the same forum it opens the browser and is a little bit jarring experience wise, though I'm fairly certain this one is not your fault and if fixable at all would be through homebrew. .

    I'm also wondering if you've considered adding a theme type feature where even if its just a border/background color (like how the landscape post creation uses ones background wallpaper) so its easy to differentiate between different forums at a glance. For example if available I would make precentral blue, another one of my forums red, another green, etc. Would break up the whiteness of the app a little bit as well.

    But as I said the app is great, well worth the 5 I spent on it, thank you.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  10.    #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    Quite impressed with this app, really is a preferable experience to just browsing the web, don't take this as complaints but just as a suggestions/critique of how to make your app even better

    , just missing a share feature for when I want to be able to read a certain forum page on my computer, though, an option to save to paper mache/instapaper would be even better. Basically just some way to have a continuous read between my different devices.

    Links are another small annoyance, whenever I click on one to move to somewhere in the same forum it opens the browser and is a little bit jarring experience wise, though I'm fairly certain this one is not your fault and if fixable at all would be through homebrew. .

    I'm also wondering if you've considered adding a theme type feature where even if its just a border/background color (like how the landscape post creation uses ones background wallpaper) so its easy to differentiate between different forums at a glance. For example if available I would make precentral blue, another one of my forums red, another green, etc. Would break up the whiteness of the app a little bit as well.

    But as I said the app is great, well worth the 5 I spent on it, thank you.
    Yeah, all of this is being discussed right now by the board (FYI, the board is composed by my multiple personalities in my mind).

    Although sharjng has been on the table since day one, I never though about instapaper, and definitely is a great idea.
    Newness Developments apps:

  11. #671  
    Nevermind duh

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
  12.    #672  
    Oh, remember to check for updates. Nothing relevants, just bugfixing and a little speed improvement.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

  13. nToxik's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #673  
    As far as I know this should be fixed soon..

    Right now the app has to load every forum in full.. So it slows it down to a crawl on some sites.. I think he found a way around it.. Dunno..

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Yeah that is what is happening - load time bringing up the list of form favorites.


    Also, how do you link other forum threads? For example I want to reply to a post linking another pre-central thread.
  14. #674  
    Now that's what I call an update ! There are no new functionality, BUT the app is really more responsive and loadings are fluid and fast ! There is now a good cohesion between the time of login after long idle time and the display of new items. Before, several attempts were needed to display something new. This and the overall responsiveness are great updates. Thanks !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  15.    #675  
    Now that's what I call an update ! There are no new functionality, BUT the app is really more responsive and loadings are fluid and fast ! There is now a good cohesion between the time of login after long idle time and the display of new items. Before, several attempts were needed to display something new. This and the overall responsiveness are great updates. Thanks !
    If you're excited about this update, you'll be blown away with the first major revision


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

    gabriel959 and nToxik like this.
  16. #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    If you're excited about this update, you'll be blown away with the first major revision


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I think I should go ahead and buy this app, and help a fellow countryman in the process.

    Saludos,
    Gabriel
  17. #677  
    Hopefully upcoming webOS improvements will deal with the remaining hitching I updated but haven't yet noticed any difference

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  18.    #678  
    Hopefully upcoming webOS improvements will deal with the remaining hitching I updated but haven't yet noticed any difference

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    You will' in the ckming months...


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

  19. #679  
    If you're excited about this update, you'll be blown away with the first major revision


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quick ! A major revision :P
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  20. #680  
    You will' in the ckming months...


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I <3 this app



    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:

Posting Permissions