Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble getting communities to work. If I load up a bookmark such as precentral.net, it opens a new card and then all I see is the animated loading screen and nothing else happens. This happens with every bookmark I attempt to load. Am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to get communities to work?

Thanks!

Eric
    where exactly do you search? On the TP itself, on this site, in Preware?
    Sorry. On the TP, open the HP App Catalog. Then either search or click on NEW in the categories.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    If a forum shows up in the Communities App search, and I am able to click Save, does that mean they are configured/registered/setup to use Communities? I am having trouble logging into a forum, it just sits there and never logs in to add it to my Communities.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    same here. Can you help DeCorvette? Thanks in advance
    I'm having issues with subscribed threads. They don't show up in the bookmarks inside the forum. Is it a bug? If a forum (ex- precentral doesn't have any subscribed threads, clicking on bookmarks inside the forum displays search found no resuts. But in a forum in which I have subscribed threads, the pane doesn't display anything)

6.    #646  
    If a forum shows up in the Communities App search, and I am able to click Save, does that mean they are configured/registered/setup to use Communities? I am having trouble logging into a forum, it just sits there and never logs in to add it to my Communities.
    Which version of the app?

Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Which version of the app?

whichever version is in the app store for tp's
  8.    #648  
    I'm having issues with subscribed threads. They don't show up in the bookmarks inside the forum. Is it a bug? If a forum (ex- precentral doesn't have any subscribed threads, clicking on bookmarks inside the forum displays search found no resuts. But in a forum in which I have subscribed threads, the pane doesn't display anything)

I don't know, try refreshing... Zephree tweeted a couple of days ago about some issues similar to this on his app. Need to investigate.

I don't know, try refreshing... Zephree tweeted a couple of days ago about some issues similar to this on his app. Need to investigate.
    I did. But still not working. If I go inside the thread, I see the bright gold star that tells me that it is a favorite thread, but from the list of favorites, nothing's displayed. Its not a tapatalk issue - I have tapatalk client on my iPhone and I can see the subscribed threads in the same forum. So its not an issue with that particular forum either.

And how can I attach pictures,files to my posts using communities?the icon is grayed out. I was trying to add screenshots to show you what I'm experiencing.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I am also stuck. My favorite forum doesn't allow me to sign on in the browser and also it still won't load in communities.

I suppose I will just have to keep in touch on my android mobile .

Paul
  11.    #651  
    whichever version is in the app store for tp's
    Can't support unknown versions of the app against unknown forums, sorry.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ok guys, After restarting the touchpad and saving the forum I was trying to view started working.

:-)

Paul

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I am also having a couple issues with Communities.

1. My favourites are not saving correctly. I set up the HP Touchpad forums as my favorites, showing the gold star but after closing Communities and re-opening it the next day, my favorites list was blank.

2. When I see a post with a link to another thread (example http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uch-theme.html which is in another thread), if I hold my finger on this link in Communities, it brings up a menu with two choices: open in browser or copy link to clipboard. The 'open in browser' option doesn't want to open the thread in a browser. Also, would there be a way to open another thread while in Communities without losing the original thread that you are viewing?
    Thanks for a great app! I have one question, and that is if uploading pictures will be an added function in a future release? As someone else mentioned, I went to upload some screenshots, and found the icon greyed out. My laptop died recently, so I do everything on my TP.

Bah lost my post, but in summary uberkernal has a negative effect, there is a lack of a share option, the quick reply just annoyed me by not being able touchpad scroll back to the bottom of my post and no option to go advance.

Apart from that I am quite enjoying the app and would highly recommend it.

Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I am also having a couple issues with Communities.

1. My favourites are not saving correctly. I set up the HP Touchpad forums as my favorites, showing the gold star but after closing Communities and re-opening it the next day, my favorites list was blank.

2. When I see a post with a link to another thread (example http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uch-theme.html which is in another thread), if I hold my finger on this link in Communities, it brings up a menu with two choices: open in browser or copy link to clipboard. The 'open in browser' option doesn't want to open the thread in a browser. Also, would there be a way to open another thread while in Communities without losing the original thread that you are viewing?
    Okay, logged in to Communities and again my Favorites are blank. However, after pressing the browse button and selecting Favorites gain, they finally show up.
    I finally gave in and bought it to try....a bit confused figuring it out now
    can anybody thats better and more experienced at using communities tell me is the android forums powered by phandroid: these forums: Android Forums
    appear there? i tried unsusccesfully to look and logged in to various (well not logged but attempted) but no go???
    Seems like the admins pulled tapatalk support

http://tapatalk.com/forum/showpost.p...55&postcount=2

Anyone having issues with this app being so slow it is nearly unusable? Reference the XDA forums. Takes forever to scroll through the main forums list.

Anyone else? Or maybe I have something configured wrong on my end?