Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I am having problems accessing one particular forum. It says "loading " but doesn't . Are there any tricks to try?

Paul
  2.    #622  
    I am having problems accessing one particular forum. It says "loading " but doesn't . Are there any tricks to try?

Paul
    Let me know which one is. Probably it's using a deprecated version of the plugin, and because of that it isn't managing it properly.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

I'm trying to use stern fan network...it doesn't work properly and the icon indicates test. It won't even let me log on. I'm assuming this is on their end though...

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    The forum is Triumph Rocket III community.

Thanks for looking

Paul

ps ...now if you could persuade Moneysavingexpert (with over 1,000,000 subscribers ) to sign up I would be overjoyed
    Are there any videos of this app in use? I looked on youtube but didn't find anything.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Exactly. I can't make it happen, but the forum owners/admins.
    Question, so basically if any forum admin installs the tapatalk plugin it will automatically show up in the Communities app, IE able to be searched and added? This is automatic when the admin installs the plugin?
  7.    #627  
    Question, so basically if any forum admin installs the tapatalk plugin it will automatically show up in the Communities app, IE able to be searched and added? This is automatic when the admin installs the plugin?

No, they need to register it on the network.

The app works without this requirement (Tapatalk is totally transparent), but you to need tell the app where the forum is. There is a middle term too. If you setup the forum in the network as "search only" it isn't visible in the forums list, and it only appears when the user performs a search.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Are there any videos of this app in use? I looked on youtube but didn't find anything.
    I will make one this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Are there some screenshots of Communities or is there a video showing its usability? I'm thinking of buying it, but I don't know if it meets my way of dealing with forums.
    I've found that it gives me a much better way to keep up with forums than I used to.

not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but in 1.0 and 1.0.2, i frequently get "No Search Results Found" in the "My Conversations" tab on this forum. Haven't noticed it on any others. Hitting Refresh a few times usually gets it.

My "Where to Go?" page currently has 3 copies of one forum that i'm already in on Communities, and two others that I'm also already in. It's suggestions could use some help

I notice that I can't scroll from within the empty space area on the People's Choice view ..

Might ? make a difference in the middle pane scroll speed? if we had an option to turn off the display of the "no avatar" image for people who don't have an avatar
    Last edited by eblade; 10/01/2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    hey just to confirm Tapatalk does not currently support "Phorum" boards does it?
  11.    #631  
    hey just to confirm Tapatalk does not currently support "Phorum" boards does it?
    No, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $there$ $is$ $someone$ $working$ $on$ $it$.

12.    #632  
    I'm trying to use stern fan network...it doesn't work properly and the icon indicates test. It won't even let me log on. I'm assuming this is on their end though...

If the site is Tapatalk compliant, the app works with it (with al the bugs). Ask them to update the plugjn, it takes about 5 minutes, and it will add features to all the Tapatalk users.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do we post here and ask the forum to enable tapatalk if we want to be able to use communities with it?

Looking to have a couple forums I go to a lot be compatible with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but do we post here and ask the forum to enable tapatalk if we want to be able to use communities with it?

Looking to have a couple forums I go to a lot be compatible with this.
    Pm the admins at the forums you want added, they have to install the tapatalk plugin

(V) {;,,,;} (V) < Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop
    Scuttering along like Zoidberg, on the move
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    No, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $there$ $is$ $someone$ $working$ $on$ $it$.

would you know anyone I could possibly send a request to about getting support? (3 of my every day boards are Phorum and I really really like this app)
  16.    #636  
    would you know anyone I could possibly send a request to about getting support? (3 of my every day boards are Phorum and I really really like this app)
    I would ask Phorum people...

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    this app is almost unusable for me it's so slow. also, it would be better to be able to change forums within a card rather than having to open a new card.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    In what catalog/category do I find this app for the TP?
    I think it's still near the top of the NEW apps, but it is easy just to search for communities.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd_N View Post
    I think it's still near the top of the NEW apps, but it is easy just to search for communities.

where exactly do you search? On the TP itself, on this site, in Preware?