Like Tree136Likes
    Edit** Change pages quickly instead of swiping through each page

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  2.    #582  
    The righ-most icon on the toolbar does it

Newness Developments apps:

On which view?
    Seems to happen in most views. I.e. Scrolling through the Timelines column with a thread forum. With only having the thread in view, scrolling can be very slow especially compared to say the same forum/thread in thw web browser.

Also, Communities sometimes hangs up and doesn't finish decompressing the text so it is pixelated...unless you add or remove one of the column views.
  4.    #584  
    Seems to happen in most views. I.e. Scrolling through the Timelines column with a thread forum. With only having the thread in view, scrolling can be very slow especially compared to say the same forum/thread in thw web browser.

Also, Communities sometimes hangs up and doesn't finish decompressing the text so it is pixelated...unless you add or remove one of the column views.

Do you mean scrolling a list? If so, I can tell you I'm working on improving app smoothness (will require webOS update), but will be always lag, because of how the app loads the info. There are 3 ways to load info on lists: full load, lazily, or paginated.

Communities loads the data on lists lazily. What does this means? Without user explicit interaction. That means that when you scroll to a specific position, the apl gets more data automatically, so you always get data. If you make it paginated, then the user needs to do something to load the data (i.e. Pressing a "load more" button, or swipping a page).

Each time an app wants a new set of data needs to handle with the following:

format a request -> call the server -> wait for the response -> get the response -> format the received data -> update the list.

There is an inherent lag in the client-server communication (if you force the app to show data that isn't available yet it will not scroll) that can't be solved, but I want (and I'm sure I'll be able to) to improve all the 5 first steps, but there will be always a lag depending on server/network load, or device load.

Loading data in a paginated way would bring you the illusion of no lag (it exists, but as you have broke the workflow, you notice it as a consecuence of loading the new page), but sincerely, I don't like pagination on lists, because, in fact, it's like forcing the user to look elsewhere (pressing the button).

The pixelated (maybe it's better to say blurryness?) issue it's a webOS issue, not Communities issue.

Last edited by deCorvett; 09/29/2011 at 02:29 PM.

The righ-most icon on the toolbar does it

ahh I see, I am once again extremely pleased with the app haha

Whenever I try to quote a post I get an error when trying to send the comment, any thoughts?

7.    #587  
    Whenever I try to quote a post I get an error when trying to send the comment, any thoughts?

Please be more specific. There are two ways to quote a post: using the the popup menu and using the reply arrow at the bottom of each post. Which method is failing?

Please be more specific. There are two ways to quote a post: using the the popup menu and using the reply arrow at the bottom of each post. Which method is failing?

I first noticed in the pop up menu, this post is with the reply arrow

9.    #589  
    I first noticed in the pop up menu, this post is with the reply arrow

There is any specific error message? As you can see, I'm quoting you without issues.

There is any specific error message? As you can see, I'm quoting you without issues.

it says "An error has occurred" every time I quote with the pop up menu and not the reply arrow

11.    #591  
    it says "An error has occurred" every time I quote with the pop up menu and not the reply arrow

Well, I noticed this today. I will fix it for the next update. Meanwhile, please use the reply arrow.

Well, I noticed this today. I will fix it for the next update. Meanwhile, please use the reply arrow.

sounds great, it is good to see the developer working so diligently! Props to you! It really is a great app!

Sukiyaki likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Uchacz View Post

My issue was before the update but mine was with the pop up menu also, I don't remember if I did the test message with the pop up or not.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I apologize if this has been covered, but is there a way to default to the first post in each thread? I absolutely can't stand the 'go to the last post' behavior. If not, this needs to be added quickly....
    I think it goes to the first page with unread messages.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    At the bottom there are 4 icons: reply, favorite, refresh & go to. Go to looks like two windows with an arrow between them. Click there & you can choose first page, last page, or page number.

The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I noticed that when I click on My Favorites they are always blank. until I refresh. If that meant to be like that...???
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    At the bottom there are 4 icons: reply, favorite, refresh & go to. Go to looks like two windows with an arrow between them. Click there & you can choose first page, last page, or page number.

I know about that, but having to load each topic twice, one with the thread, then having to jump to the first page on EVERY thread, is supremely annoying. It takes quite a bit of time and gets very tedious. The Tapatalk app on the iPhone can change this default, as can all the native forums on the web, but I can't seem to find a way to do it in communities.

It's a shame, too, as the app looks really nice, with a good layout, a nice interface, etc. But this would be a killer for me if I can't change this behavior. It'd be a waste of $5, as I know I wouldn't use the app if I had to load every thread twice in order to read a forum. Just a preference to show the first post as default would be much appreciated.

The ability to change how many posts make up a page would also be very welcome.
  19.    #599  
    I know about that, but having to load each topic twice, one with the thread, then having to jump to the first page on EVERY thread, is supremely annoying. It takes quite a bit of time and gets very tedious. The Tapatalk app on the iPhone can change this default, as can all the native forums on the web, but I can't seem to find a way to do it in communities.

It's a shame, too, as the app looks really nice, with a good layout, a nice interface, etc. But this would be a killer for me if I can't change this behavior. It'd be a waste of $5, as I know I wouldn't use the app if I had to load every thread twice in order to read a forum. Just a preference to show the first post as default would be much appreciated.

The ability to change how many posts make up a page would also be very welcome.
    There will be improvements on this,.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    There will be improvements on this,.

Awesome, thanks! I really like the app...there are some really beautiful touches (like seeing through to your background image when the thread is all the way open), and it's a great way to browse, except for this one issue....I will look eagerly for an update!