Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    Anyone else has noticed something like this too?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    test

The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    The reason for the test above is when I tried to quote and reply after I typed the message when I tried to send it said an error had occurred. I had internet connection and everything to the TP. I took a screenshot, not sure how helpful that would be. The time in communities of the post above said 11:57. It of course posts the correct time in the actual forum, its not a big deal, it just threw me off a sec. I figured out why the PC was showing up twice on the overview, I had it listed twice under my communities somehow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 09/28/2011 at 07:09 PM.
    test

success!

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    I see pandas.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    I was frequently getting thst when my internet was terrible all of last week. *There doesn't seem to be a point at which the app times out during a send, it just stays in busy wait.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I was frequently getting thst when my internet was terrible all of last week. *There doesn't seem to be a point at which the app times out during a send, it just stays in busy wait.

I minimized it and opened a browser to make sure I had a connection and then retried, still no luck.
    I've noticed asterisks or stars in my posts. *What is that?

I minimized it and opened a browser to make sure I had a connection and then retried, still no luck.
    yeah I'm guessing that somethinghappened to the connection and the program just never got the word back that it didn't work out.. But just my experience, there may be multiple reasons for the same problemtoo

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Just thought of another feature idea. I'm a moderator for a forum and from my droids tapatalk all I can perform mod functions from within the app (such as editing, deleting posts, threads, etc) but I don't have any of those functions from communities. Is this a possibility?*

Yes, me. Several times. I noticed that sometimes the app goes through an infinite loop where it tries to connect again and again and again (in the upper bar of the screen), and when I try to post something in such cases the issue mentioned happens. I have to restart the app but when I go to the thread where I redacted my message, it is shown on the forum thread. So it did work but the app wasn't able to understand that in the first place... Annoying but doesn't make the app unusable. The reconnection attempt in infinite loop happens in no particular forum. It just happen... Hope that helps
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  10.    #570  
    1.0.2 is out

Newness Developments apps:

Great job with Communities!

I'll second the lagging problems on 1.02 Simply scrolling the app can hang for quite a bit...even on threads from vBulletin with few posts and no embed images. Great app otherwise.
    This has probably been mentioned but the forum sorting under Showroom doesn't work. It lists the forums in the same order regardless if you select to sort by Popularity, Alphabetically, or Date.

13.    #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skripka View Post
    Great job with Communities!

I'll second the lagging problems on 1.02 Simply scrolling the app can hang for quite a bit...even on threads from vBulletin with few posts and no embed images. Great app otherwise.
    On which view?

Upgraded to 1.0.2 and bookmarks are still hanging up at"Loading Community..."

15.    #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by burningrave101 View Post
    This has probably been mentioned but the forum sorting under Showroom doesn't work. It lists the forums in the same order regardless if you select to sort by Popularity, Alphabetically, or Date.

Yeah, I see. When filtering it by language, isn't it?

Test1 [test2] test3
    Test2 is in square brackets

[sent from my touchpad]
    Text in square brackets does not show up in the communities application. It still shows up on the web and in the android tapatalk app, whether it's posted from communities or not.

[sent from my droid]
    Yeah, I see. When filtering it by language, isn't it?
    Yeah looks like it sorts correctly when i select All Languages. I had it on English.

19.    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthileo View Post
    Text in square brackets does not show up in the communities application. It still shows up on the web and in the android tapatalk app, whether it's posted from communities or not.

[sent from my droid]
    I know, and will fix it on 1.1 With some extra stuff.

It would be awesome to be able to change pages, If I start reading a thread but it is already the 6th or 7th page. I would like a quick way to get to the first page