Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    can i ask another question, sorry im on the fence about buying the app, since I love the TP but i really like to be on my laptop for forums, but in comparison to what i see on my laptop how do the forums look on the app? does it tell you what you are subscribed to as far as threads? just curios to have an idea.
    Communities has a "My Favorites" and a "My Conversations" tab, which makes it super simple to keep up to date with any threads that you've marked favorite, and any threads that you've made a post in. I've started going through all my forums trying to eliminate subscriptions, because this is -way- more convenient than getting 40 or 50 daily emails. Only thing I have set for subscriptions now are threads that I want instant notifications in my email box on.

Frankly, for me, Communities is a game-changer, the killer app for my Touchpad. Until this, I was having a hard time figuring out what sort of things that the webOS UI actually excelled at, other than card-switching, but this is definitely a big one. * maybe I'm more of a forum junkie than I should be.. Haha

from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Now you need that spell checker... XD

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    typo!!! LOL
    Can someone check to see if this app works with Long Hair Care Forum Thanks!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Can someone check to see if this app works with Long Hair Care Forum Thanks!
    looks like does not

5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by bosplans View Post
    looks like does not

Not really. They're using Tapatalk, but branded version, and decided not to make it available in the showroom.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Not really. They're using Tapatalk, but branded version, and decided not to make it available in the showroom.
    Thanks. This is why I was confused, I know I thought I read they had a tapatalk app on android and iphone, but it didn't work with the forums version I had on pre, and I didn't realize there was a difference. So they will either have to port an app to webOS or make it publicly available to be used with communities?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  7.    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Thanks. This is why I was confused, I know I thought I read they had a tapatalk app on android and iphone, but it didn't work with the forums version I had on pre, and I didn't realize there was a difference. So they will either have to port an app to webOS or make it publicly available to be used with communities?
    It's as easy as make it available, but I highly doubt they're going to do it, if they haven't done it yet. I can do an app for them if they wish, but I doubt they're going to be interested because of the market share.

Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    i prefer using the app instead of using my computer. Also you can tell what threads you are subscribed do, they have a big star by the name on the list. Also, theres a timeline display (recent threads), favorites (subscribed threads), conversations (participated threads), and unread threads in each forum list

so then threads that i subscribe to, even from different forums, they all appear in one timeline? cuz that would be WAY kool!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Communities has a "My Favorites" and a "My Conversations" tab, which makes it super simple to keep up to date with any threads that you've marked favorite, and any threads that you've made a post in. I've started going through all my forums trying to eliminate subscriptions, because this is -way- more convenient than getting 40 or 50 daily emails. Only thing I have set for subscriptions now are threads that I want instant notifications in my email box on.

Frankly, for me, Communities is a game-changer, the killer app for my Touchpad. Until this, I was having a hard time figuring out what sort of things that the webOS UI actually excelled at, other than card-switching, but this is definitely a big one. * maybe I'm more of a forum junkie than I should be.. Haha

from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    i posted too soon in reply to someone else lol, ok that is really kool!! thanks for the response!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Advocate, you miss the very point of this app: easyness of use!!

You want to go forth one page at a time ? Swipe from left to right. You want the other way around ? Swipe from right to left ! Who need a button to achieve such a simple task
    There is a button at the bottom of the last pane , last button to the right, it will allow you to jump to any page

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    so then threads that i subscribe to, even from different forums, they all appear in one timeline? cuz that would be WAY kool!!
    This was a idea waaaaaaaaay back in a .0.0.0.1 version of the app but was nixed.

I, for one, was not in favor of this

Actually, that would be pretty neat, if there were a way to open a view that had all of your forums in one view, rather than in seperates. At least for the "Favorites" and such. The "Timeline" might get to be a wee bit too insane - even on this forum alone it's too insane to follow. Which is why I'd like to have the option to completely ignore specific subforums.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    This is all sorts of awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Actually, that would be pretty neat, if there were a way to open a view that had all of your forums in one view, rather than in seperates. At least for the "Favorites" and such. The "Timeline" might get to be a wee bit too insane - even on this forum alone it's too insane to follow. Which is why I'd like to have the option to completely ignore specific subforums.
    I hear what you're saying but unfortunately imo it won't work..

Ex: you browse pc often as well as a Auto forum & crafting forum =P ..

If you only saw your favs you would still need to open a new card to see latest threads.. Since you're only interacting on your favs you would either visit that forum less due to lack of movement on your fav. Or stop using that forum all together..

Dunno just my POV .

Just purchased Communities a few minutes ago and so far it looks like it has a lot of potential and an attractive interface. I just hope we get support for a lot more forums because its missing some major ones that i use every day like HardOCP, Slickdeals, and Fatwallet.

Quote Originally Posted by burningrave101 View Post
    Just purchased Communities a few minutes ago and so far it looks like it has a lot of potential and an attractive interface. I just hope we get support for a lot more forums because its missing some major ones that i use every day like HardOCP, Slickdeals, and Fatwallet.

This isn't a app issue.. The forums you visit need to have the Tapatalk plugin installed on their forum sw.. Send a message to the admins of those sites

17.    #497  
    This isn't a app issue.. The forums you visit need to have the Tapatalk plugin installed on their forum sw.. Send a message to the admins of those sites

Exactly. I can't make it happen, but the forum owners/admins.

Guys, when the asterisks appear in your posts, are you using quick reply or the full compose window?

Guys, when the asterisks appear in your posts, are you using quick reply or the full compose window?

Yeah i understand, i just wish there was larger demand for the Tapatalk plugin because it seems like a lot of the site owners for forums i frequent most are choosing not to support it.

Last edited by burningrave101; 09/26/2011 at 02:46 AM.
    I need to hold off until October before I can spend on discretionary purchases but the Communities app is the first think I will buy... looks great!

For me it has done it regardless of how I post. I've only noticed it when my post is more than one sentence.