Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 825
Like Tree136Likes
  1. #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    That will never happen, sorry. Don't blame me, but piracy sites.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It is a sad day when developers fear loosing sales due to piracy and are unwilling to promote the use of their product/ let people understand how it may change our perspective in interacting with our device.

    Could you consider at least uploading a video showcasing your app to the app description in the HP web store?

    As far as i can tell from a quick google, there is no video on your own website, youtube or on the first page of search terms in google.

    It's just too hard to tell if i need/ want this app!!
  2. #462  
    Could you tell me an example about that slowness?


    I went to xda and wanted to list the "hp touchpad" four subforum and then bookmark those as favorites. When I used your search function to find "hp touchpad" all I got were lots of threads with the quoted words in the thread. I therefore had to browse through the entire list of subforum to get to what I wanted. It was cumbersome and slow to do so. Once there I could not figure out how to save the four subforum as favorites. There is no way I'll go through the process a second time just to check on updates to my desired subforum.

    This is all really easy to do in Tapatalk. I want to like Communities and maybe it is my own fault for not waiting for the program to mature before I purchased. BTW, I am not very technical user and would consider myself an average buyer.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    Could you tell me an example about that slowness?


    I went to xda and wanted to list the "hp touchpad" four subforum and then bookmark those as favorites. When I used your search function to find "hp touchpad" all I got were lots of threads with the quoted words in the thread. I therefore had to browse through the entire list of subforum to get to what I wanted. It was cumbersome and slow to do so. Once there I could not figure out how to save the four subforum as favorites. There is no way I'll go through the process a second time just to check on updates to my desired subforum.

    This is all really easy to do in Tapatalk. I want to like Communities and maybe it is my own fault for not waiting for the program to mature before I purchased. BTW, I am not very technical user and would consider myself an average buyer.
    I've never thought about enabling forum searching. That's definitely a good idea.

    But... favoriting a forum is really easy: tap on the star symbol on the list left panel, exactly the same as you do on the viewer panel to favorite a topic.
    Newness Developments apps:

  4. #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    That will never happen, sorry. Don't blame me, but piracy sites.
    It is a fallacy to think that demo versions increase or help in piracy. Those who pirate, will always find a way and in fact they can simply use the ipk of the full version so a demo version makes no difference either way. In fact I think a demo version might help those who might be tempted to use a pirated version to trial an app.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5.    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismar View Post
    It is a sad day when developers fear loosing sales due to piracy and are unwilling to promote the use of their product/ let people understand how it may change our perspective in interacting with our device.

    Could you consider at least uploading a video showcasing your app to the app description in the HP web store?

    As far as i can tell from a quick google, there is no video on your own website, youtube or on the first page of search terms in google.

    It's just too hard to tell if i need/ want this app!!
    It's not a fear, it's a fact. Barely a 20% of Forums users have paid for it. I understand this in unsupported countries people, but that's just about a 25% of piracy downloads. Those 75% remaining is downloading it from sites that are ad supported, and not only that, but also they ask for donations to "keep the site alive", and people does it!!!. Of course, those sites are pretty healthy in bandwidth, and also in ad revenue. So we get that a few guys earn a quite good amount of cash by giving away other people's work, and people is willing to promote their "work" sending them money instead of paying for the apps, and not only that, but people who download the piraced app asks me for support too.

    After this rant, I can tell you that my plan was to make a video and submit it to the app catalog, but it's being hard to find the time to do it.
    Newness Developments apps:

  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It is a fallacy to think that demo versions increase or help in piracy. Those who pirate, will always find a way and in fact they can simply use the ipk of the full version so a demo version makes no difference either way. In fact I think a demo version might help those who might be tempted to use a pirated version to trial an app.
    Sanjay (and others) I have a REAL problem with this (not what you're saying - as much as the concept). . . OK - I'm in the demographic that pretty much doesn't count any more (55+), but - in my day - movies/music/programs (or like you kids call them "apps"), we PAID FOR. Yeah - I know - why pay, if you can steal it??

    I guess the rethorical question I would post to pirates (assuming that they have REAL JOBS - and I know of some that do), but how would you feel if payday rolls around - and YOUR pay is short??? And, BTW - what's short is GONE - you're not getting it back.

    OK - I'm also cheap (I like to say "thrifty") and love the free apps, whether from HP, or a developer. But - if I miss the boat on a freebee (because I have a job), and I want the app - I'll pay for it.

    The argument is that if they weren't pirating it, people wouldn't buy it - well then, that's fine - don't. Not sure where (maybe the original Napster) created the - why pay for anything mentality. . .
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It is a fallacy to think that demo versions increase or help in piracy. Those who pirate, will always find a way and in fact they can simply use the ipk of the full version so a demo version makes no difference either way. In fact I think a demo version might help those who might be tempted to use a pirated version to trial an app.
    But at least, the guy who publish the piraced app has paid for it. Also, there is an enormous percentage of people that usually donwload warez that doesn't share the software they've paid for.

    Of course it's a fallacy. But the bolded text is another one. Only a 1% of people who download piraced apps buys them after doing it. That's an irrelevant percentage.
    Newness Developments apps:

  8. #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    But at least, the guy who publish the piraced app has paid for it. Also, there is an enormous percentage of people that usually donwload warez that doesn't share the software they've paid for.

    Of course it's a fallacy. But the bolded text is another one. Only a 1% of people who download piraced apps buys them after doing it. That's an irrelevant percentage.
    Is there a SpelCheker sumwear??? LOL
  9. #469  
    Wow visually stunning app. First post from the app!
  10.    #470  
    Is there a SpelCheker sumwear??? LOL
    sorry?


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    sorry?


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Is "piraced" a word?? If yes - then I learned a new word. .
  12.    #472  
    Is "piraced" a word?? If yes - then I learned a new word. .

    I don't know. I'm not native english speaker, but I've seen it used from time to time.


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

  13. #473  
    Your English is mostly pretty good.

    I think you mean pirated though. As in the Pirates of the Caribbean .
    Philly-Sports likes this.
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Your English is mostly pretty good.

    I think you mean pirated though. As in the Pirates of the Caribbean .
    Thanks! Saving changes...
    Newness Developments apps:

  15. #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Thanks! Saving changes...
    As long as you develop stuff like "Communities", it doesn't matter how you talk. Bottom line - you're a dedicated developer who supports and communicates with usera - THAT'S all that counts. . .
    Pitxitxita likes this.
  16.    #476  
    As long as you develop stuff like "Communities", it doesn't matter how you talk. Bottom line - you're a dedicated developer who supports and communicates with usera - THAT'S all that counts. . .
    Now you need that spell checker... XD


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

  17. #477  
    can i ask another question, sorry im on the fence about buying the app, since I love the TP but i really like to be on my laptop for forums, but in comparison to what i see on my laptop how do the forums look on the app? does it tell you what you are subscribed to as far as threads? just curios to have an idea.
  18. #478  
    Mentioned it previously, but the $6 price is just too high, $3-4 would be more right for this app.
  19. #479  
    can i ask another question, sorry im on the fence about buying the app, since I love the TP but i really like to be on my laptop for forums, but in comparison to what i see on my laptop how do the forums look on the app? does it tell you what you are subscribed to as far as threads? just curios to have an idea.
    i prefer using the app instead of using my computer. Also you can tell what threads you are subscribed do, they have a big star by the name on the list. Also, theres a timeline display (recent threads), favorites (subscribed threads), conversations (participated threads), and unread threads in each forum list

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  20. #480  
    Been playing around with this for a few days now and am liking it a lot.

    A couple features I would like to see:
    Either dedicated buttons or long press options for: first post, last read post and last post in thread.
    Multi touch zoom

    So far it's a real good alternative to browsing forums in the browser. Thanks for the work you have put into it.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Posting Permissions