Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
  1.    #441  
    Hmm, I can launch forums from the showroom, but not from bookmarks?!?!?

I launch a "community" from the showroom or search, and it will work, but if I try and launch the same one from a bookmark, it will stall at "Loading Community...".
    Strange, but real... It was working on the prerelease versions, So it seems I messed it with some last minute changes. Not that the app is bug free right now, but people started to get really impatient about it.

I'll work hard this weekend to solve most (if not all) the issues commented here.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

If i go to enter new user information for a new forum, and then I start editing the signature in the user preferences, before I've saved the information, if I hit the "cancel" button on the signature editor box, it cancels the entire user information screen

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #443  
    If i go to enter new user information for a new forum, and then I start editing the signature in the user preferences, before I've saved the information, if I hit the "cancel" button on the signature editor box, it cancels the entire user information screen

I don't see why this is wrong

No pinch to zoom and no bigger font sizes that I've been able to find, are limiting my usage of this app, big time.

This is fine if I'm sitting on my couch, but almost impractical for me while on the move.

If you could add this as a possible upgrade, or if this is already possible and I just haven't found it.... that would be great, thanks.
  5.    #445  
    No pinch to zoom and no bigger font sizes that I've been able to find, are limiting my usage of this app, big time.

This is fine if I'm sitting on my couch, but almost impractical for me while on the move.

If you could add this as a possible upgrade, or if this is already possible and I just haven't found it.... that would be great, thanks.

I've thought about this possibility while developing the app, but it wasn't on top of my priorities list. What does this mean? That I've not tested if it works as expected, and it will take a while to be available, as I have higher priorities right now, like doing the app work as expected, and other pending stuff.

I'm on the fence about getting this one. So far, I'm only on two forum sites that use tapatalk...android-central and pre-central. I don't know if I want to spend the $6 for it if I have to go through my browser for all the other BB sites I visit...
    It is worth the money. There are a few tweaks that need to be made and the developer will get it dialed in. I have had Communities few days and still learning how to use the app. A lot of work, time and thought went into this app. One of the top 5 apps I use daily.

Strange, but real... It was working on the prerelease versions, So it seems I messed it with some last minute changes. Not that the app is bug free right now, but people started to get really impatient about it.

I'll work hard this weekend to solve most (if not all) the issues commented here.

99% of these posters don't have a clue on how to make an app. I don't know the developer, but reading this forum, he is on it. Lets give the guy some time.

One more add would be the ability to highlight text and enable the use of the copy/paste standard future.

Im guessing this is the correct place to report bugs. I have a feeling this might be the fault of the forum owner - but - Ive been trying to log into a forums, Ministry of Rum, but after changing my password no dice. I've given it a bit to let the changes populate, to no avail. Also I attempted to log into the normal site, and was successful.

Any ideas?

Other than that, Awesome App

Edit: tried to log into that forum from my phone and found out that they needed to update their plugin. Aside from that is there any way to view a thread from the beginning as opposed from the last post?
    Last edited by ghostknyght; 09/23/2011 at 09:38 PM.
    I'm sitting on the fence as i'm not too sure how much use i'll get out of it, and it's always more difficult when you start reading forums, about current bugs etc.

Is there any possibility you can introduce a 10 day trial version thats free?

At the end of the day it will spread awareness about your app, and if its as good as its made out to be will encourage people to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I've thought about this possibility while developing the app, but it wasn't on top of my priorities list. What does this mean? That I've not tested if it works as expected, and it will take a while to be available, as I have higher priorities right now, like doing the app work as expected, and other pending stuff.

Ok, I understand if there are higher priorities, and glad it's on the list. I was doing some grocery shopping yesterday, and was trying to use the app, with my TouchPad in the basket. I couldn't really read it with the text the size that it is, without leaning right over, "hunchback-style".....blame it on the fact I'm 5 foot fifteen, if you like

I ended up just using the browser for Pre|Central.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismar View Post
    I'm sitting on the fence as i'm not too sure how much use i'll get out of it, and it's always more difficult when you start reading forums, about current bugs etc.

At the end of the day it will spread awareness about your app, and if its as good as its made out to be will encourage people to buy it.
    +1 this! Right now I am having a hard time envisioning how this app works. I wish I could try it out before I plunk down the cheddar.
    Given how much I like Tapatalk on Android, I was really looking forward to this app.

I'm very sad to say that my initial impression is that it is slow and not as user friendly as the Android ancestor. Finding my favorite sub-forum on XDA took forever.

I can go the last page of a discussion, but not back up just one page at a time. I was frustrated just trying to accomplish simple tasks.

At this point, I'd rather use the advanced browser to view my favorite forums.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Please DeCorvette: Allow us to vote on Polls from within Communities !!!

And add a better integrations of posted pictures: most of the time, I don't see any pictures, and for a webdesigner like me, it makes me lose 50% of interesting forums !!

Those are the two major issues I can see in Communities. No more, no less!

Hope you'll read this, otherwise I'll have to spam you mail adress :P
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Given how much I like Tapatalk on Android, I was really looking forward to this app.

I'm very sad to say that my initial impression is that it is slow and not as user friendly as the Android ancestor. Finding my favorite sub-forum on XDA took forever.

I can go the last page of a discussion, but not back up just one page at a time. I was frustrated just trying to accomplish simple tasks.

Advocate, you miss the very point of this app: easyness of use!!

You want to go forth one page at a time ? Swipe from left to right. You want the other way around ? Swipe from right to left ! Who need a button to achieve such a simple task
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner

Good to know that it wasn't something that I did. So far it's been great, aside from the bookmark issue.

Good job on this. :-)

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    +1 this! Right now I am having a hard time envisioning how this app works. I wish I could try it out before I plunk down the cheddar.
    +2 like the idea but I would also like to try before I buy.
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismar View Post
    That will never happen, sorry. Don't blame me, but piracy sites.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

The forum tree is not what I want it to be, so critics and suggestions are absolutely welcome. About slowness, not so sure. Could you tell me an example about that slowness? Not user friendly? If you try to use it as the Tapatalk app for Android, you'll be ****ed, of course, but that doesn't mean it isn't user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

Try to use it as a webOS app, and not as the Android app you are used to.

20.    #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Please DeCorvette: Allow us to vote on Polls from within Communities !!!

And add a better integrations of posted pictures: most of the time, I don't see any pictures, and for a webdesigner like me, it makes me lose 50% of interesting forums !!

Those are the two major issues I can see in Communities. No more, no less!

Hope you'll read this, otherwise I'll have to spam you mail adress :P
    Please email me with details about the pictures issue, and tell me on which forum, and if you can, specific posts where this is happening to you.