Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    Hoping for a sale soon, looks like a great app, but the price point is just too high for me at the moment.
    I eagerly purchased Communities last night on my touchpad, and sadly, I can't load any of three forums that I've bookmarked in the app. For instance, if I click on the PreCentral forum, a new card comes up and the little progress wheel spins and some text says "Loading Communities". I've tried to leave it in this state for 5-10 minutes thinking that maybe the first load would take longer, but that doesn't seem to do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a little disappointed that I can't even use the app, and everyone else seems to be having so much fun with it.

I haven't really done much to mod my touchpad. Running uberkernal with govnah @ 1.5ghz, latest muffle and logging turned off, and not having any other issues with internet connectivity.

Thanks for your help. This seems like a pretty cool community, and I'm glad I was able to get in on this awesome Touchpad deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by attidude View Post
    I eagerly purchased Communities last night on my touchpad, and sadly, I can't load any of three forums that I've bookmarked in the app. For instance, if I click on the PreCentral forum, a new card comes up and the little progress wheel spins and some text says "Loading Communities". I've tried to leave it in this state for 5-10 minutes thinking that maybe the first load would take longer, but that doesn't seem to do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a little disappointed that I can't even use the app, and everyone else seems to be having so much fun with it.

I haven't really done much to mod my touchpad. Running uberkernal with govnah @ 1.5ghz, latest muffle and logging turned off, and not having any other issues with internet connectivity.

Thanks for your help. This seems like a pretty cool community, and I'm glad I was able to get in on this awesome Touchpad deal!
    same exact problem here
    Hmm thats odd, PreCentral works great for me

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    The showroom
    'Zulm.net' is listed in the 'showroom' and it does not work in COmmunities.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    'Zulm.net' is listed in the 'showroom' and it does not work in COmmunities.
    Send a PM to deCorvett he'll see if they are using an outdated plugin or if its a issue with the app

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  7.    #427  
    Please flood my email support at newnessdevelopments dot com, and tell me which forums doesn't work for you. All the listed sites should do their job, and I'm here to make it happen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by attidude View Post

Have you tried loading it from the showroom and not from bookmarks? I think on a previous page someone mentioned that.
    Further suggestions, having to do with links:

Could be very handy to have a button that would either copy current message web link to clipboard and-or Open it in browser . Also would be nice if clicking on a web link in a message that goes to another message could load that in communities instead of in browser

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Further suggestions, having to do with links:

Could be very handy to have a button that would either copy current message web link to clipboard and-or Open it in browser . Also would be nice if clicking on a web link in a message that goes to another message could load that in communities instead of in browser

Tap and hold on a message brings up a popup to copy a link to the message to the clipboard - though I think that feature isn't working just yet.

When you say clicking a web link - do you mean any old web link, or a link to another thread? Forum links are supposed to, but PreCentral's "search engine optimized" links can't be handled by the app, so they open in a browser. The browser is best suited for web links, as recreating full browser functionality in an app would take a lot of time better spent working on bugs or more important app features.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Just ask the admins to install the plugin

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    You think I haven't tried?

Here's the response I got from the site I'm on most frequently and on a daily basis:

Still curious why having the Buzz integrated with some paid application from a Hong Kong developer I doubt anybody could tell me anything about is seen as such a big need.
    When I pressed the issue, his response:

I agree on the need for a lightweight mobile UI; just don't get the focus on this app. I'd like to not require people to pay $3 for the functionality, and if you don't hesitate to give your user name and password to an unknown developer, I hesitate to recommend that you do.

As it was, there was only me and one other guy asking for it...so we were unable to sway him enough to bother. The $3 is, I believe, for the iPhone app. This one is $6. Yeah, it may not be a bank-buster...but it is enough to give me pause since it has limited usability for me in what sites I participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    You think I haven't tried?

Here's the response I got from the site I'm on most frequently and on a daily basis:

When I pressed the issue, his response:

As it was, there was only me and one other guy asking for it...so we were unable to sway him enough to bother. The $3 is, I believe, for the iPhone app. This one is $6. Yeah, it may not be a bank-buster...but it is enough to give me pause since it has limited usability for me in what sites I participate in.

sounds like the site admin has other reasons, TapaTalk isn't new. The developer isn't from Hong Kong for this specific app (maybe TapaTalk is I don't know). As was said elsewhere, could be due to add revenue or other full site click generating content.

Maybe the site admin is paranoid, but I would honestly shoot back at him on the username and password thing. Every time you join a forum you are required to at least supply an active e-mail address and confirm it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    sounds like the site admin has other reasons, TapaTalk isn't new. The developer isn't from Hong Kong for this specific app (maybe TapaTalk is I don't know). As was said elsewhere, could be due to add revenue or other full site click generating content.

Maybe the site admin is paranoid, but I would honestly shoot back at him on the username and password thing. Every time you join a forum you are required to at least supply an active e-mail address and confirm it.
    Yeah, I think the Hong Kong statement was about the developer of the plugin, not any specific app that used it.

I kinda gave up since I already brought it up to him on two separate occasions (threads). If someone else asks for it over there, I'll make the case again, I suppose.
    I'm really loving this app so far. Very easy to use, and great looking too. The only question I have is, are there any plans to make it "Glimpseable". I find myself in that app most of the time, so it'd be great to be able to use this app inside of it.

PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Although I love this app so far, the only thing that stops me from giving a 5 star review is the font of the conversation view... The second tab is very polished with a good font that it is easily readable. The third tab though is kind of blurry and not as sharpened as the rest of the apps. Am I theonly one that sees that?

Although I love this app so far, the only thing that stops me from giving a 5 star review is the font of the conversation view... The second tab is very polished with a good font that it is easily readable. The third tab though is kind of blurry and not as sharpened as the rest of the apps. Am I theonly one that sees that?

Nope, I see that also. But it seems that alot of apps have this problem at the right of the screen... Someone knows the explaination ? Not all TP's do that ?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Got this app yesterday...gotta say...loving it

----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    Hmm, I can launch forums from the showroom, but not from bookmarks?!?!?

I launch a "community" from the showroom or search, and it will work, but if I try and launch the same one from a bookmark, it will stall at "Loading Community...".
    Last edited by CyberPhunk; 09/23/2011 at 12:22 PM.
    Yeah, you have to bookmark the forums as well.*

I'm wondering what "favorites" are for. These should be the subscribed threads, right? Somehow it does not show anything.

Furthermore, is there a way to attach files to posts?

Edit: It's strange that the edit button only shows in landscape mode as well.

20.    #440  

I'm using the same fonts on all the views. This the blurryness comes from webOS. Note that not all the pages are blurry, and usually if you resize the view it renders correctly.

Newness Developments apps: