Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    App is gorgeous, but visiting anything with substantial data slows the TP to a crawl. I went to XDA and tried to browse the sections and it almost broke my TP. I couldn't close or do anything, and when I finally got communities to close, my TP was still crawling, and it was popping up community windows even after I closed the app.
    Just bought Communities. Unfortunately a forum I visit regularly, does not seem to work on it. Although the forum is listed in Communities, I am unable to sign in. The forum is 'zulm.net'. This was one of the reasons that I inspite of buying Forums, I never actually used it and now it seems that I may be stuick with same issues on Communities too. Any idea what may be the problem and if there is any chance of the issue being fixed? Thanks.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    send a PM to deCorvett . The forum may be using an old out dated plugin for tapatalk. He can check that

Thanks, i'll do that. So it will automatically be added to communities ? And if asked, how will he be able to enable tapatalk ?
    he would goto the tapatalk website and download the plugin, than install it to his forum software

After that it'll automatically show up in communities

My previous post above, took me almost 'TEN' attempts before I was able to actually post it on my TouchPad using Communities. I would press the send button and the app would make it seem like the post was made, but then nothing. I would repeat the process with the same result, again and again and again.

Other issues I have noticed.
    1. I cannot log into 'zulm.net'. This is a forum that is already listed within Communities.
    2. When you press 'send' to post, it does not always actually get posted.
    3. If you change your signature settings in 'Preferences & Accounts' for a particular forum, with a card already open for that forum, then the changes made to the signature settings do not register for new posts made until you close the card and open that forum's card again.

PS: I am making this post from my PC, becasue I got tired trying to make my last post form the TouchPad using Communities.
    honestly pc has been pretty buggy since they(PC) changed their tapatalk settings.. :-/ but I get occasional errors here..

Sigs update , formatting updates on refresh of the page, as well as line breaks etc... No need to swipe the app away

One more bug: I like to show the latest post at the top and I setted the web forum on that way. When I browse the forum troughs Communities and I open a topic, the first page shown is the page showing the first post, but it is in the LAST page..
    Thats a limitation of the tapatalk plugin , not communities, all tapatalk apps have that , I believe its because every forum software is different and all give you all options , so they take the most used options

I may be wrong though... DeCorvett could shed more light*

I just wanted to stop by and say that this app is amazing. First of all, it is visually beautiful. In the looks department it greatly exceeds my expectations. Secondly, I'm blown away by the speed. I had assumed it would be a lag fest and that just isnt the case. You took your time with this and it shows. Great job! Finally I can participate in forums efficiently on my touchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I just wanted to stop by and say that this app is amazing. First of all, it is visually beautiful. In the looks department it greatly exceeds my expectations. Secondly, I'm blown away by the speed. I had assumed it would be a lag fest and that just isnt the case. You took your time with this and it shows. Great job! Finally I can participate in forums efficiently on my touchpad.

Don't forget to leave a review in the app cat if you haven't already.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Don't forget to leave a review in the app cat if you haven't already.
    I didn't forget, I'm I the process of copying this post over there! ;-)

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  10.    #390  
    Hi all!

Thanks for your support and opinions!

I'm on a trip right now, without access to my development computer, but this weekend I'll take a view to all the reported issues, so don't worry, all of them will be fixed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

I was so glad when I finally saw this in the app catalog, great work DeCorvett and the entire team!

I just tried reading a topic by having that frame full screen and enjoyed seeing my touchpad background faded in!

Last edited by Stephen Uchacz; 09/21/2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Another suggestion, if possible, I know you implemented a thanks feature, but some forums have "like" instead of or in addition to thanks. Anyway to add a like function as well?

And also the ability to view multiple attachments without going back the thread and clicking the other one (for example, a post has three pictures attached. If we could click a picture and then view the next image by clicking a thumbnail of the next image on the screen that pops up with the full size image view instead of dragging the windows slider to return to the thread and clicking the next......hope that makes sense)
    Last edited by Leach19m; 09/21/2011 at 08:59 PM.
    Just got it, need to figure this all out. So far, so good. Thanks!
    I love this app and while the wait was painful, it was well worth the wait. Thanks for releasing this app

How to rekove something from the bookmarks? And why have the bookmarks if all your subscribed forums show up on the front page?

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Does this app supposed to work with all the forums? It works fine with precentral, but does not work with my other main community - talk.maemo.org When I try to log in it shows exclamation point in yellow triangle and that's it. Another forum, nasioc.com will not even get to login screen, will just be loading forever. And is there a way to remove a bookmark? Was trying to add talk.maemo.org to bookmarks for future review, it wasn't added, now there is three of them and no option to delete. Thanks!
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    My signature does not show up. Any tip to get that to work...???

Now it works. Very strange.
    Last edited by dept27; 09/22/2011 at 06:05 AM. Reason: more info
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Great app. Could there be an option to not open multiple cards?

This is a test, I tried replying to a few threads with this app and they didn't show. I just did a restart, had a TMC error, and trying this out again. Nice looking app by the way.

I think I just figured out how to edit. New to Tapatalk and all.

Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Does this app supposed to work with all the forums?

With Tapatalk, each forum has to elect to be user friendly to be read by the program. The Mobileread Forums, for instance, don't work with Tapatalk.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.