Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    Awesome news!

Quick question: how do you send recommendations for a forum to be added? Is there a process for this?
    I didn't mean to sound harsh or sad or angry at all I'm all for progress, even if it means that older stuff gets left behind and/or gimped.

I'm much happier about the fact that there WILL indeed be profile-wide licensing than I am sad about the fact that all my previously purchased apps are single-device licenses.
    It's not like I'm losing any apps or functionality. I purchased an app when a profile was only good for one device, and got a license for one device.

Being angry at this is as idiotic as buying an item at Wal*Mart and then getting angry if that item gets a 30% off deal a year later. Of course, this probably won't keep a large number of precentral apocalypticists from calling the whole ordeal a screw-up (or, more likely given the usual tone, an "EPIC FAIL").

Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Awesome news!

Quick question: how do you send recommendations for a forum to be added? Is there a process for this?
    As far as I know, forums don't get added as much as they add themselves. It's not up to Forums or Communities or Tapatalk but the respective forum owner / operator to register for the service.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Of course, this probably won't keep a large number of precentral apocalypticists from calling the whole ordeal a screw-up (or, more likely given the usual tone, an "EPIC FAIL").
    You can bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    As far as I know, forums don't get added as much as they add themselves. It's not up to Forums or Communities or Tapatalk but the respective forum owner / operator to register for the service.
    You're right. Just invite your forum admins to join to the party: it's free and everyone is invited. (and now tapatalk supports a few more forum engines!!!)
    Newness Developments apps:

4.    #24  
    What do you prefer when editing posts?

That boring:

This is [b ]my text[/ b]
    [img ]http://this.is.an/image.jpg[/ img]

or maybe:

This is my text

Communities for Touchpad: first in its class with rich formatting editor (Maybe firts of it's own class?).

P.S. (are we on 2006?)

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    The second one is better assuming all other things equal.
  6.    #26  
    Let me try this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    What do you prefer when editing posts?

That boring:

This is [b ]my text[/ b]
    [img ]http://this.is.an/image.jpg[/ img]

or maybe:

This is my text

Communities for Touchpad: first in its class with rich formatting editor (Maybe firts of it's own class?).

P.S. (are we on 2006?)
    Definately the second option

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just have to say as a recent adopter of forums, I am mad at myself for not purchasing so long ago. Looking forward to all the good newness! =)

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I'm sure is going to look great, cant wait

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just have to say as a recent adopter of forums, I am mad at myself for not purchasing so long ago. Looking forward to all the good newness! =)

You're going to be satisfied, for sure (at least, I think so).

It's a complete rewrite, from scratch (I've reused just a dozen routines of the old Forums) so some features that current Forums version has will be unavailable, but every feature will come to the app, on steroids.

11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I'm sure is going to look great, cant wait

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    The app would be ready, but I'm making changes to the UI like a paranoic everyday. I hope everyone will find the app ok.

Alright, enough screwin around, time to show us pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Alright, enough screwin around, time to show us pics!
    Agreed, its time for pics and or videos.
  14.    #34  
    It's too early for that, sorry.*

15.    #35  
    Testing code tag:

Code:
    this is code

well I will still wait patiently then for the screens. Well patiently might not be the best word...
  17.    #37  
    Just a reminder: it's coming...

And not because I'm the creature's father, but what it does it does it waaaay better than Forums. There are some things that will be unavailable in the first version, though.

But hey, here it's 4:50 AM, and I think it's time to go to sleep...

[color=]-- Sent from my HP TouchPad[/color]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/28/2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: removed broken link

LIKE!!!! =D

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  19.    #39  
    I was thinking to tweet some amazing screenshots this weekend... I think you should follow me @newnessdevs...

PrinceAlbert likes this.
    following
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast