Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
    Shane to use strikethrough you need to [s]type something[/s]

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    What does it look like on a Pre3?
    There is a black bar on the bottom. This is a problem with most apps written for webOS 2.1.x and older. This is because of the different screen resolution and the apps not resizing accordingly.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    There is a black bar on the bottom. This is a problem with most apps written for webOS 2.1.x and older. This is because of the different screen resolution and the apps not resizing accordingly.
    Ok.. The root issue is the screen aspect ratio is not the same, so even when they get scaled, you have the black bar unless you code to accommodate the Pre 3.*

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Sorry guys, It has been impossible to get it ready this week. But next week you'll have it for sure!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    thanks and hope your weekend is good with friends.
    ok weekend over, get some hangover pills and back to work

lol
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by Harp32Wil View Post
    Would you mind doing a worldwide EOL-discount on forums? I would love to try it out, but 2,99eur for an old version, that's a bit too much for me.
    Forums is not EOLed, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $and$ $I$ $can$ $bet$ $you$ $I$ $have$ $inside$ $info$... When Communities is available on phones, maybe, but not now.
    Newness Developments apps:

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    deCorvett, are you still on schedule for this week (of course if nothing comes up personally or code wise)? thanks
    Thomas Edison
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    deCorvett, are you still on schedule for this week (of course if nothing comes up personally or code wise)? thanks
    I think so. Not all is ready, but think a good feature set is done, so if everything goes right, I'm submitting it in the next 48 hours.

I think so. Not all is ready, but think a good feature set is done, so if everything goes right, I'm submitting it in the next 48 hours.
    Hmm.. So may be Friday if we are lucky.. Or it might be Monday before we can get our hands on it.
    can't wait.....
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Do you plan to release another beta before submitting?
    I would like to check if everything translates well into french.

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  12.    #252  
    Do you plan to release another beta before submitting?
    I would like to check if everything translates well into french.

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    Definitely. Tonight. Don't ask me at what time, but you'll weak up with the update available. ;-)

-- Enviado desde mi HP Touchpad usando Communities

I'm excited to see a forum app that doesn't suck considering how much time I spend on forums (literally, nearly all my time not spent writing code) I could really use a way to speed things up!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14.    #254  
    Ok, this doesn't mean that I'm submitting the app right now, but just want to inform you about the feature set for the first release of forums. There are a lot of things to improve, but you all want your app, so let's see how the baby grows.

Communities 1.0.0 Release Notes

The welcome card

Every community is always open on a separate card, so it was necessary a card to let you organize your life the best way possible. That's the reason Communities' Welcome Card let's you do the following:

Overview Tab

- Ability to save your communities with your credentials, you can also save them with custom names and descriptions
    - Ability to create bookmarks of communities. Bookmarks are a special way to save communities without storing credentials for them, so it allows annonymous browsing.
    - You can, of course, modify descriptions, credentials, and so on anytime, and are stored both on your device and your HP Account (Palm Profile), so if you need to Doctor your Touchpad, your accounts will be restored automatically. Also, data is persistent, you in you need to reinstall the app for whatever reason, all the data will be kept.
    - Overview also shows you alternative communities based on the themes of your current setup of saved or bookmarked communities (currently for all languages, this will change in the future).
    - Lastly, the 20 most popular communities for all the categories are also shown in overview (currently for all languages, this will change in the future).

Showroom Tab

Showroom shows the Tapatalk enabled communities. You can filter them by language, and by interests. It can show you communities sorted by addition time, popularity and alphabetically.

Popularity will take time to show the right results thought, because for the first time Tapatalk will take into account webOS devices to setup popularity sorting.

Bookmarks Tab

This is a commodity quick access to your bookmarked communities.

Search Tab

You can also search communities filtered by language, or globally. From any of these views you can open, or save or bookmark communities for latter use.

Although it isn't included in the first release, Communities will include the ability to create launcher shortcuts for the communities you want to launch quickly, so you don't need to open this card always.

The Community card

The Community card allows you to have all the community content at a few taps of distance. You have access to:

- Timeline: Lastest posts
    - Unread Conversations: (I think it's self-explaining)
    - Favorites: Your subscribed topics/forums
    - My Conversations: Topics where you've participated
    - Search: Search is always launched in a new card, so you can perform multiple searches simultaneously
    - Browse: Allows you to explore the full forum structure. Browsing a forum structure differs a bit from traditional app navigation, as it shows drag handles at the bottom to enable you to maximize a thread, but an aditional drag handle at top to allow you to go back to the upper level.
    - Private Messages/Conversations: (depending on forum engine). Communities supports both traditional private messages scheme (with folders and so on) and new forum engines (like Xenforo) threaded private conversations.

Each one of the timelines shows you the basic thread info, like replies, unread status, subscription status, and so on. But also, in specific timelines you can also perform actions, like unsubscribing topics or subforums, or deleting private messages, by swipping items.

When you select a topic, it's open on the right-most panel, and shows the lastest unread post. Posts are paginated and these pages are preloaded for you, so while you are reading a page, the app loads previous and next pages to have them ready for you. You can reply with quotes, reply without quotes, copy the original link to the post, and depending on community support, Report (with optional report reason), Like or Thank posts, and always show thanking/liking status, if available (i.e. on Precentral, it shows who thanked the post).

The app will also recognize links to forum-own subforums or topics, and will open them inside the app.

Also, on every view you have a quick reply option, to post quick thoughts without having to open the Visual Editor (explained later).

Currently attachments are not working, as I'm expecting some magic from Palm to improve app smoothness and enable this kind of stuff. The sooner Palm enables what I need, the sooner you will be able to download stuff directly to your Touchpad, and the smoother the app will work.

The Visual Editor (or compose card)

With Visual Edtor you will beable what you're typing, the way you're formatting it. It currently supports bold, italic, underline and strikethrough, font colors and quoting. It's coming background color, lists, adding links, and images (and of course, attachments, when possible).

All of this with background notifications configurable by user, that will tell you your unread private messages/conversations count, and your subscribed posts with new replies (this one depends on forum support).

What's next? opening subforums/topics on new cards, attachments, Twitter/Facebook, Maps support... a lot of stuff. But hey, it's not a bad start, isn't it?

shrxwin and Frenzalo like this.
    That sounds pretty complete to me! Release it so I can pay you already

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
    This sounds pretty sick. Cant wait to get it!
    wow, and sorry, but soon I think I'll be saying "what's Forums?"
    I see pandas.
    The release of the release notes surely means its coming soon! Looking forward to it deCorvett!
    hows it going vett
    Thomas Edison
    Ok, this doesn't mean that I'm submitting the app right now, but just want to inform you about the feature set for the first release of forums. There are a lot of things to improve, but you all want your app, so let's see how the baby grows.

Communities 1.0.0 Release Notes

The welcome card

Every community is always open on a separate card, so it was necessary a card to let you organize your life the best way possible. That's the reason Communities' Welcome Card let's you do the following:

Overview Tab

- Ability to save your communities with your credentials, you can also save them with custom names and descriptions
    - Ability to create bookmarks of communities. Bookmarks are a special way to save communities without storing credentials for them, so it allows annonymous browsing.
    - You can, of course, modify descriptions, credentials, and so on anytime, and are stored both on your device and your HP Account (Palm Profile), so if you need to Doctor your Touchpad, your accounts will be restored automatically. Also, data is persistent, you in you need to reinstall the app for whatever reason, all the data will be kept.
    - Overview also shows you alternative communities based on the themes of your current setup of saved or bookmarked communities (currently for all languages, this will change in the future).
    - Lastly, the 20 most popular communities for all the categories are also shown in overview (currently for all languages, this will change in the future).

Showroom Tab

Showroom shows the Tapatalk enabled communities. You can filter them by language, and by interests. It can show you communities sorted by addition time, popularity and alphabetically.

Popularity will take time to show the right results thought, because for the first time Tapatalk will take into account webOS devices to setup popularity sorting.

Bookmarks Tab

This is a commodity quick access to your bookmarked communities.

Search Tab

You can also search communities filtered by language, or globally. From any of these views you can open, or save or bookmark communities for latter use.

Although it isn't included in the first release, Communities will include the ability to create launcher shortcuts for the communities you want to launch quickly, so you don't need to open this card always.

The Community card

The Community card allows you to have all the community content at a few taps of distance. You have access to:

- Timeline: Lastest posts
    - Unread Conversations: (I think it's self-explaining)
    - Favorites: Your subscribed topics/forums
    - My Conversations: Topics where you've participated
    - Search: Search is always launched in a new card, so you can perform multiple searches simultaneously
    - Browse: Allows you to explore the full forum structure. Browsing a forum structure differs a bit from traditional app navigation, as it shows drag handles at the bottom to enable you to maximize a thread, but an aditional drag handle at top to allow you to go back to the upper level.
    - Private Messages/Conversations: (depending on forum engine). Communities supports both traditional private messages scheme (with folders and so on) and new forum engines (like Xenforo) threaded private conversations.

Each one of the timelines shows you the basic thread info, like replies, unread status, subscription status, and so on. But also, in specific timelines you can also perform actions, like unsubscribing topics or subforums, or deleting private messages, by swipping items.

When you select a topic, it's open on the right-most panel, and shows the lastest unread post. Posts are paginated and these pages are preloaded for you, so while you are reading a page, the app loads previous and next pages to have them ready for you. You can reply with quotes, reply without quotes, copy the original link to the post, and depending on community support, Report (with optional report reason), Like or Thank posts, and always show thanking/liking status, if available (i.e. on Precentral, it shows who thanked the post).

The app will also recognize links to forum-own subforums or topics, and will open them inside the app.

Also, on every view you have a quick reply option, to post quick thoughts without having to open the Visual Editor (explained later).

Currently attachments are not working, as I'm expecting some magic from Palm to improve app smoothness and enable this kind of stuff. The sooner Palm enables what I need, the sooner you will be able to download stuff directly to your Touchpad, and the smoother the app will work.

The Visual Editor (or compose card)

With Visual Edtor you will beable what you're typing, the way you're formatting it. It currently supports bold, italic, underline and strikethrough, font colors and quoting. It's coming background color, lists, adding links, and images (and of course, attachments, when possible).

All of this with background notifications configurable by user, that will tell you your unread private messages/conversations count, and your subscribed posts with new replies (this one depends on forum support).

What's next? opening subforums/topics on new cards, attachments, Twitter/Facebook, Maps support... a lot of stuff. But hey, it's not a bad start, isn't it?

today in the Catalog ?
    - HP Veer --